• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you listening to right now? Post Video links please.

For a bit of sheer nostalgic joy, some sing along cos you all know the words, and general localness I give you the Kursaal Flyers.

Contains one of the best verses ever..

… When she finished her laundry she was all in a quandary
And made it for the street like a hare
Her escape was so urgent, she forgot her detergent
And dropped all her clean underwear

I absolutely love this track and yes, I do have the album.

For a bit of sheer nostalgic joy, some sing along cos you all know the words, and general localness I give you the Kursaal Flyers.

Funnily enough, I was listening to 'Five Live Kursaals' earlier. Just at the time you posted, coincidentally.

One of the writers of that song was playing with 'The Hot Flyers' in Chalkwell Park last Sunday, i.e. Graeme Douglas.

Just heard this on the radio as I was skimming channels. Haven't heard for years (since I was a young boy) but it's still a charming, funny song.

Greetings, groovers! This is the second part of a show which was originally broadcast live on Coast FM, featuring: - Graham Parker and The Rumour, The Von Bondies, Malcolm McLaren, Jet Powers, Tommy and the Commies, Leyton Buzzards, A Flock Of Seagulls, Buzzcocks, Wayne County & The Electric Chairs, Richard Hell & The Voidoids, Echo & The Bunnymen, Luke Haines (with the title track of this Noxcast, 'Smash The System') and Swell Maps.

His Omniscience Flash Boredom and I were delighted to welcome back the fantastic DJ El Guapo with his fine array of intriguing and enjoyable records.

If you do listen, beware of some ‘dead air’ at the outset (about 20 secs.) due to a tech problem with the news ‘firing’ from its remote location.

Rob Noxious, 24.6.22.

https://www.mixcloud.com/rob-spoone...reservation-society-19622-2-smash-the-system/

old radio young woman.jpg

Last edited:
You have heard this on T V as used in an advert...............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucTg6rZJCu4

Back