• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you reading?

Yeah picked it up due to Glasgow's (and some others) recommendation on here. I'm jealous that you mean Peely - he's definitely a hero of mine.

Yeah he was a really decent bloke. Seemed quite abrupt and sharp at first, but he soon softened up with a glass of Red wine. I got to spend the day with him and his team recording his show, and it was especially great seeing all these rock stars sauntering into his studio and acting cool in front of their fans, and the moment they got into his booth and saw him.... well, off came the shades, they looked nervous and became 14 year old kids again.

51umvi7LGaL._SS500_.jpg

An excellent read - I'd thoroughly recommend it if you're into a bit of history.

I have just abandoned Peter Cooks biography (by his first wife) I lost interest after the umpteenth pretentious discription of yet another dinner party and the associated name dropping.
I can't decide what next, i have two John Peel books, biographies of Barry Sheene, Ron Haslam, Boy George, Barry Fry, Brian Clough and Roger Black a couple of Spike Milligans and two or three i can't remember all sitting on the "to do" part of my Bookshelf (Its amazing what you can pick up in Charity Shops)
Plus, Slips book should be arriving today or tomorrow

Just finished Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, am still reading Martin Amis' London Fields, but have also started reading Feed the Goat.

I've also got Dharma Bums and Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail out of the library.

Just finished Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, am still reading Martin Amis' London Fields, but have also started reading Feed the Goat.

I've also got Dharma Bums and Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail out of the library.

fear and loathing on the campaign trail is an excellent book. I'm just about to start Hells Angels by HST

Was Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep good? I've always meant to get around to reading it 'cos I love Blade Runner

I'm reading 'as used on the Famous Nelsn Mandella' by Mark Thomas..all about Britains sectret arms trade violations....makes you hate politicians even more...if at all possible.

Dharma Bums is superb, read it recently and i actually like even more than On The Road which i didn't think was possible. Full of existential buddhist musings mixed with drunkeness.

I'm currently reading Norwegian Wood by H Murakami, just incredibly written. Beautiful and sad yet very life affirming.

Other books on my to read list include; Psychic Confusion: The Sonic Youth Story - Stevie Chick, Lonesome Traveler - Kerouac, After Dark - Murakami, Girlfriend In a Coma - Coupland, Life is Elsewhere - Milan Kundera & Shantaram.

Dharma Bums is superb, read it recently and i actually like even more than On The Road which i didn't think was possible. Full of existential buddhist musings mixed with drunkeness.

I'm currently reading Norwegian Wood by H Murakami, just incredibly written. Beautiful and sad yet very life affirming.

Other books on my to read list include; Psychic Confusion: The Sonic Youth Story - Stevie Chick, Lonesome Traveler - Kerouac, After Dark - Murakami, Girlfriend In a Coma - Coupland, Life is Elsewhere - Milan Kundera & Shantaram.

yes!

also, not to p*ss in your pockets but Girlfriend in a Coma was the biggest load of steaming **** i've read in ages.. really didn't get on with it

I love Coupeland. Read all his books, though oddly I didn't rate J-Pod.

Have to have a look at Murakami even though he seems a bit "flavour of the month" at the moment which is enough to put me off.

yes!

also, not to p*ss in your pockets but Girlfriend in a Coma was the biggest load of steaming **** i've read in ages.. really didn't get on with it

I love Coupeland. Read all his books, though oddly I didn't rate J-Pod.

Have to have a look at Murakami even though he seems a bit "flavour of the month" at the moment which is enough to put me off.

Well Girlfriend in a Coma is about the only Coupland i haven't read, but i picked it up for free at the weekend so it doesn't matter if it's crap! Place I went at the weekend had a Book Tombola where you could swap an old book you didn't want for another you picked out. I chucked in 2 and got that and the Kundera one.

MK, Murakami has been around for ages, infact I'm quite late getting into his books, they're well worth a read.

Back