• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nora Krug's Heimat ( =Homeland).:A German Family Album.An interesting account of a German/American's woman's research into her family history.Apparently her granfather joned Hitler's S,S. in the 30`s.

Just started reading Neil Harman's "All my own words".

A nice start, lots of Shrimper stuff in it as that's where he cut his journalistic teeth.

Like his writing style too, a dry wit with no exclamation marks.

Had been waiting for it to come out in paperback but Neil says that won't happen so I splashed out on a discounted hardback on Amazon.

Neil has suffered from poor health recently due to a stroke but is now on the slow road back to recovery. He can't drive at the mo which prevented him coming to the SUEPA Spud event last week.

Anyone else read his book yet? Suggest it's worth a try based on what I've read so far.

Just started reading Neil Harman's "All my own words".

A nice start, lots of Shrimper stuff in it as that's where he cut his journalistic teeth.

Like his writing style too, a dry wit with no exclamation marks.

Had been waiting for it to come out in paperback but Neil says that won't happen so I splashed out on a discounted hardback on Amazon.

Neil has suffered from poor health recently due to a stroke but is now on the slow road back to recovery. He can't drive at the mo which prevented him coming to the SUEPA Spud event last week.

Anyone else read his book yet? Suggest it's worth a try based on what I've read so far.
Thanks for this steer, Andy - I hadn't heard of it before.

Reading books these days is something I rarely do as I am certainly more of a stats man myself, but I was recently loaned a book when purchasing a new custom made binder for my Keegan programme collection.
Try this:- "BLUE WAS THE COLOUR", A Tale of Tarnished Love by Andy Hamilton. Funny, very witty with a sense of sadness thrown in. I feel sure you won't be disappointed.

No t long finished Clinton Heylin's The Double life of Bob Dylan:A Restless .Hungry Feeling (1941-!966).Would have thought most Dylan fans knew He wasn't exactly a stand up guy-especially in his younger days.

Just finished Volume 3 of Michael Posner's superb Leonard Cohen -Untold Stories : That's How the Light Gets In.An oral biography.Think my favourite comment was by one of the interviewees who said that Cohen appealed to her heart and Dylan to her head".He was certainly a great soul.

Just finished Vol. 2 of Clinton's Heylin's Th e Double Life of Bob Dylan ":!966-2021 Far Away From Myself"..Rather got the impression from the last chapter that Heylin would have been greaful if his Bobness had passed by now (presumably so he wouldn' have had to write a Vol.·3! As somone who saw Dylan last year on his Rough & Rowdy Ways tour personally I'm glad that he's still around.

Last edited:
Back