• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What effort have the main parties made in your area?

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
No representatives of any of the main parties (or Bob Spink ) have knocked on my door. I have had a few Conservative leaflets (Rebecca Harris - Castle Point) through my door but nothing from anyone else standing in the area.

Anyone else?

I am Rayleigh & Wickford

Had leaflets from....

Conservative
Labour
English Democrats

and partys standing in Rayleigh and Wickford are...

Conservative
Lib Dems
Labour
UKIP
BNP
English Democrats

Ms Harris was canvassing outside Benfleet Station and handing out leaflets a day or so after the election was called. I've been very surprised how quiet Bob Spink has been, and there has been bugger all from the other candidates.

Ms Harris was canvassing outside Benfleet Station and handing out leaflets a day or so after the election was called. I've been very surprised how quiet Bob Spink has been, and there has been bugger all from the other candidates.

I am hoping he will be quieter still after May 6th.

Had a visit from my MP for the first time last week. Told him he had my vote, didn't tell him that Mrs BB hadn't made her mind up yet....

Had no personal visits from candidates, had a number of leaflets from all parties - including a joint hit by the Greens & BNP yesterday, which was fortunate as I was running low on loo paper.

Had a few phone calls from the Labour party.

Leaflets from the big three and greens. Nothing from any of the right wing splinter groups. I want some visits.

Nothing from anyone yet, and the only placards so far are Charles Kennedy ones on lamposts around Garve. As the largest constituency (by area) in Britain, we don't get canvassers or hand-delivered leaflets, it's all via the postie.

Leaflets from the big three and greens. Nothing from any of the right wing splinter groups. I want some visits.

Completely agree.

I get hundreds of leaflets through my door but they go straight in the bin.

At the end of the day I still buy my kebabs from the same place and a leaflet isn't going to change that no matter how extensive the menu.

If on the other hand a doner van pulled up on my drive I would probably buy one.

Last edited:
a personal letter from the lib dems; a leaflet from the lib dems; a leaflet from the tories; a leaflet from the tory council candidate; a green leaflet. Lib Dems are really attacking the campaign here, but judging by the placards and posters its a Tory win. Labour arent even campaigning.

One leaflet from Labour.

Green party: personal visit, three separate mail-shots, one coming via royal mail and the other two hand-delivered.

Nothing from anyone else.

To be honest, Labour probably believe - correctly - that they've got the seat sown up and that they don't have to try too hard to win it this time round. The Greens also probably think - correctly - that they're the only party with half a chance of unseating Joan Ruddock.

The amount of canvassing reflects how the seat will go - Lab hold, but Greens will run them close - probably only a couple of thousand votes in it, I reckon.

Matt

I've been absolutely bombarded by the Lib Dems, with a token effort from the 72% incumbent, Jeremy Corbyn. Nothing from the Tories, but that's no surprise in leafy, muesli-crunching, Guardian-quoting, sun-dried tomato-eating North London. Those ****ers wouldn't stand a chance.

Got a leaflet from the Green Party, which I thought was an appalling waste of this planet's resources. Hippy-crites, eh? Arf Arf Arf!

I'll get my coat.

Nout from the Tories/Labour... The former because they don't have to in Rochford, the latter probably because they gave up on this area yonks ago. Had a leaflet through from the Lib Dems and a flyer through from the BNP which promptly found it's place in with the recycling.

I was planning to vote LibDem until I received a leaflet from their candidate yesterday that is causing me to have serious second thoughts...
He started it by saying if elected he will move to Middlesbrough and become a supporter of Middlesbrough FC (that's a big thumbs down from me for a start).
He then said how much he loves the town of Middlesbrough and its people (though obviously not enough to actually live there unless they elect him).
Followed that up by saying he would 'represent The Boro in London'. Someone has obviously advised him that the great unwashed sometimes refer to the town as well as its football team as The Boro and that if he does so too some of the more dim-witted locals may mistake him for one of their own.
He then dropped a couple more pointless 'Up The Boro' comments into the rest of his leaflet.
His double-barrelled surname and smarmy photo all further added to the impression of a posh outsider desperately trying to ingratiate himself with the locals.

Back