• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No I'm not homophobic, I just don't fancy a man. If I were homophobic I wouldn't be in touch with my new lesbian friend.

Anyway back on thread - what's hacking me off? Two band rehearsals scheduled this week - both cancelled :Sad:

One here for maybe MK and Cyril.

FECKING CAR DRIVERS!!!!!

I have started riding to work, cycling, and the driving generally is very poor.

One here for maybe MK and Cyril.

FECKING CAR DRIVERS!!!!!

I have started riding to work, cycling, and the driving generally is very poor.

I have to say up here most are ok and let you across roads etc but without a doubt you get the absolute wanger-heads who are impatient , cut you up. You have to be on your guard!

I have to say up here most are ok and let you across roads etc but without a doubt you get the absolute wanger-heads who are impatient , cut you up. You have to be on your guard!
Why do they pull to the left at red traffic lights to stop a cycle getting thru?

Why do they pull to the left at red traffic lights to stop a cycle getting thru?

I dont have that problem to be fair - cut up at roundabout (in MK, who knew?), drivers getting too close, pulling out a junctions. I'm fortunate that I don't have to go on many roads as we've got a fairly decent "red route" cycling network. Avoiding dog walkers and idiots staring at their phones is another matter....

It’s because some cyclists will pull up to said traffic lights & instead of sticking to the left of the lane, they intentionally position themselves infront of a car, subsequently stopping the car from accelerating/proceeding when the lights eventually change.

It’s because some cyclists will pull up to said traffic lights & instead of sticking to the left of the lane, they intentionally position themselves infront of a car, subsequently stopping the car from accelerating/proceeding when the lights eventually change.
I have been driving for over 40 years and that is something that I haven't seen; I wasn't just meaning the front car but indeed include several in the rows back. Odd imo, me cycling is one less car?
On a bike you get a good view into the motors and it is incredible the large % that have a phone in the hand/lap.
I am thinking Cyril's idea of getting a camera is a good move for safety and evidence.

I have been driving for over 40 years and that is something that I haven't seen; I wasn't just meaning the front car but indeed include several in the rows back. Odd imo, me cycling is one less car?
On a bike you get a good view into the motors and it is incredible the large % that have a phone in the hand/lap.
I am thinking Cyril's idea of getting a camera is a good move for safety and evidence.

I drive in London (East, South & Central) on a daily basis, and I’ve seen it countless times.

I’ve had it done to me countless times. It’s normally some divvy on a Boris Bike, who gets in front of me, then proceeds along the carriageway at 4mph. It’s difficult enough to get around London as it is, without having to deal with that.

On average, I wouldn’t go out of my way to block a cyclist off, unless we get caught on a stretch of road, which has a string of traffic lights, and the cyclist is riding like a ****.

But even more frustrating than that, I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve seen a cyclist riding along the carriageway - NEXT to one of the cycle superhighways. You know, the dedicated cycle lanes.

I saw it just a few weeks ago, on The Mile End Road, a cyclist bobbing and weaving along with the traffic, completely oblivious to the bright blue, segregated lane on his left hand side. I thought the point of these dedicated lanes, was to make cycling safer?

Crucial nowadays, unless you have endless cycle lanes in your area. My great buddy and legend Carl.C made loads of video's of vehicles cutting him up, and every now and again bumping into him. He showed some appalling driving in his clips. He was a big lump bless him, but still drivers failed to spot him in front or at the side of them. Cycling on the roads is extremely dangerous nowadays, especially with drivers texting or talking on their mobile.

I drive in London (East, South & Central) on a daily basis, and I’ve seen it countless times.

But even more frustrating than that, I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve seen a cyclist riding along the carriageway - NEXT to one of the cycle superhighways. You know, the dedicated cycle lanes.

I saw it just a few weeks ago, on The Mile End Road, a cyclist bobbing and weaving along with the traffic, completely oblivious to the bright blue, segregated lane on his left hand side. I thought the point of these dedicated lanes, was to make cycling safer?

It does my head in along Prittlewell Chase where there is a cycle way either side yet cyclists seem to prefer to ride on the pavement, bonkers.
Or down the seafront where they won't use the cycleway either;- mind you too often that has dim wit strollers in it.

If you look many junctions (e.g. Hamlet Court Road) have a box specifically for that.

I do it anyway. Not to stop motorists pulling away but to make sure they have seen me and are not going to turn left without looking/indicating and knock me off. I know it is selfish but my view is that it is better that a motorist takes a few more seconds to reach his destination than I lose a leg or worse.

Last edited:

It is amazing how many drivers are having a toke as well.

Back