• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Signed into the cliffs pavillion this morning in an attempt to get Micky Flanagan tickets.

Got to the front of the queue online to get a ticket and the site crashed. 3 times that happened before they sold out.

So many people couldn't even get on the site.

As per usual the tickets are now going for several hundred from touts.

Signed into the cliffs pavillion this morning in an attempt to get Micky Flanagan tickets.

Got to the front of the queue online to get a ticket and the site crashed. 3 times that happened before they sold out.

I see he's on for 3 nights, when did they go on sale? He's a top comedian (very funny bloke), I bet they sold out quick. You was probably up against it getting a ticket from the start.

Brought 4 for each night in the pre sale yesterday, doubt there was even many left today. Tidy profit has been made just in time for holiday next week.

Left my car keys with the watch shop for a quick and cheap battery change while I went to the supermarket.

They've somehow managed to break the keys, the remote key functions no longer work (I have tried reprogramming the key too)

Suppose that's what I get for relying on convenience 🤬

Last edited:
More on the Digital I.D. they are trying to impose on us.

I always trust the views of some bloke sat in his car chatting away for 34 minutes.

I've got nothing to hide, and if it saves me having to prove who I am when applying for mortgages, credit cards etc I'm all for it. Every year I have yo go through advanced financial and criminal vetting for my job. For that I have to supply confirmation of my address, and photo id to my boss who has to then scan in and verify that the person giving the details is the person on them. They then get taken off and various checks are completed to ensure I'm not a criminal mastermind or a danger to people's money.

Luckily I drive because my passport expired about 5 years ago and I've not renewed. It's a real pain in the *** and its a requirement each year, along the having to take 2 weeks off in one go.

Same here Tom. Spent two hours in the queue, only to be told that my place in the queue was rejected.

Fair to say that the Cliff’s pound shop servers weren’t cut out to cope with the demand.

Brought 4 for each night in the pre sale yesterday, doubt there was even many left today. Tidy profit has been made just in time for holiday next week.

Nice attempt, but the fact that the Cliffs enforce photo ID to validate the tickets on the doors, has rumbled you :Winking:

Nice attempt, but the fact that the Cliffs enforce photo ID to validate the tickets on the doors, has rumbled you :Winking:
I have never seen this enforced to be fair at any event.But yes you are right was just an easy wind up.

It is about the only time a being part of the Cliffs/Palace membership has provided some benefit though as I did get a few yesterday easily enough. Tried again today for other people and experienced the same issues, I wouldn’t of been suprised if there wasn’t any tickets left today, I don’t know anyone that was successful outside the pre-sale window

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GBJ
I have never seen this enforced to be fair at any event.But yes you are right was just an easy wind up.

It is about the only time a being part of the Cliffs/Palace membership has provided some benefit though as I did get a few yesterday easily enough. Tried again today for other people and experienced the same issues, I wouldn’t of been suprised if there wasn’t any tickets left today, I don’t know anyone that was successful outside the pre-sale window

Good luck to you mate, would have loved to get the tickets, alas I’ll have to try my luck when he does his arena tour.

Good luck to you mate, would have loved to get the tickets, alas I’ll have to try my luck when he does his arena tour.
Yes and sure that will be a similar experience, probably similar to Peter Kay a few weeks ago.

At least they will use a proper website to sell them and you won’t get to the front of a online que to get your que number rejected

Reactions: GBJ
Have you tried turning it off and then on? it normally works for me, is the pilot alight? if nothing works,, go hunting and lighting loads of candles for some heat. :Winking: 🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️
Yeah, done all that Dave. Our engineer reckoned it may be the flame sensor when this happened a week back. I've got hold of his mum as he wasn't picking up calls. Always works when you get mums involved! Turns out he's on his way to Oxford for his missus 40th birthday bash! So chances are it will be tomorrow for a fix at the earliest, most likely Monday. We have heaters so we'll survive till then.

Sounds like you had a result not getting tickets.

Unless you have lost a bet and were going as a forefit?

Have you tried turning it off and then on? it normally works for me, is the pilot alight? if nothing works,, go hunting and lighting loads of candles for some heat. :Winking: 🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️
Not a boiler but an immersion heater in our case.Turning it off and then on worked initially but it packed up again the next day.The engineer reckoned the heating wouldn't work because I'd left the shower tap one not fully closed.Who knew you could only have one or the other on ? Don't think that one's ever happened before. :Dunce:

Back