• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The price of Nestle Coffee Mate. Less than a year ago it was on sale in kilogram drums for £4.50. Then the 'large' size was changed from 1 kilo to 800g and the price rose to £5 and then £5.50. Recently the 800g size has been discontinued and now the largest size available is 550g, and guess what - the price for that is £4.85 at Iceland, 35p more than a 1kilo drum was less than a year ago. Nice work if you can get it!

Just gone to have a nice hot bath & shave, only to find the Mrs has used the last of my shave gel & blades for her armpits & legs..

Mu beloved said that “I’m trying to make something out of nothing..” when I mentioned it.

I love her to bits but on the very rare odd occasion it makes me crave a single life for a while

Why are so many actors crap at pretending to drink?

It is so obvious they are pretending to drink from an empty vessel.

The price of Nestle Coffee Mate. Less than a year ago it was on sale in kilogram drums for £4.50. Then the 'large' size was changed from 1 kilo to 800g and the price rose to £5 and then £5.50. Recently the 800g size has been discontinued and now the largest size available is 550g, and guess what - the price for that is £4.85 at Iceland, 35p more than a 1kilo drum was less than a year ago. Nice work if you can get it!
P.G Tips tea bags just as bad. Around a year ago £3.50 for 240 at Morrisons, now £6.25!!!.
Walk 200 yds down to Iceland, only £4.50!.

Al-Ittihad announcing their next bid for Mo Salah during the next window will be £175M with add-ons, a possible £215M. Absolutely killing football with untold riches. This will obviously inflate all major transfer fees if it happens. It's bad enough as it is. You could build a decent Stadium for £100M. Now you get one or two very good players for that. Nuts. Some players don't care they are playing in a rubbish league in Saudi Arabia, where two teams will probably dominate, as to some, money is priority over where they play. That League is rated 58th in the World, about the same as the one Southend are now playing in. Ronaldo and Salah will get hat-tricks galore in that league. Big deal.

Al-Ittihad announcing their next bid for Mo Salah during the next window will be £175M with add-ons, a possible £215M. Absolutely killing football with untold riches. This will obviously inflate all major transfer fees if it happens. It's bad enough as it is. You could build a decent Stadium for £100M. Now you get one or two very good players for that. Nuts. Some players don't care they are playing in a rubbish league in Saudi Arabia, where two teams will probably dominate, as to some, money is priority over where they play. That League is rated 58th in the World, about the same as the one Southend are now playing in. Ronaldo and Salah will get hat-tricks galore in that league. Big deal.
If that was you would you spend a couple of years to potentially double your earnings to date?

The Saudi league are doing nothing different to what the Chinese league was doing back in 2016/2017. I don't see many players heading out there anymore.

Its no different to when players finish their playing career and move down the leagues looking for the next pay deal. If China, Saudi Arabia, USA etc wish to spend a fortune to attract some of the best players near the end of the their career, let them. Salah is 31 and has 1 maybe 2 years left in him in the Premier League. If i was Liverpool i'd be cashing out and looking to buy the next big thing, rather than buy the current big thing and hope they continue to deliver.

The Saudi league are doing nothing different to what the Chinese league was doing back in 2016/2017. I don't see many players heading out there anymore.

Its no different to when players finish their playing career and move down the leagues looking for the next pay deal. If China, Saudi Arabia, USA etc wish to spend a fortune to attract some of the best players near the end of the their career, let them. Salah is 31 and has 1 maybe 2 years left in him in the Premier League. If i was Liverpool i'd be cashing out and looking to buy the next big thing, rather than buy the current big thing and hope they continue to deliver.
Apart from the regime, its also no different to the Premier League when it was formed. I even remember Marcel Desailly saying (when Chelsea put in a bid for him) that he was still too young for the Premier league.

At the time it was seen as a retirement club for aging players.

Last edited:

I think the govt clamped down on the extravagance of the china clubs hence why players don't go there anymore, the money isn't being offered anymore

Are they RICS registered? And watch out for the down valuations - very common at the moment. (Source - I work for RICS)
Down valuation? Is that a lowball valuation to presumably get a quick sale?

For estate agents on a percentage ten or twenty grand is not really a big hit.

The A12. Driving to Dedham today we left at 11:10 and arrived at 13:40. The average journey time normally is 50 minutes. There had been a RTA which caused absolute chaos.

Back