• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Was rather miffed yesterday (to put it mildly) to see that none of the MSM newschannels carried anything about Paul Auster's death.Had to wait for the Spanish news at 9pm for it to be mentioned (also reliably informed there were a couple of programmes on French TV).Now whenever a great man (or woman) dies,something dies in all of us,.As our own John Dunne said:"Ask not for whom the bell tolls friend,,it tolls for thee."

Last edited:
Driving along Benfleet high street about 6pm in my mobile command unit and the back window exploded scaring the hell out of the dogs. I accelerated away from a potential sniper attack but now need to replace the rear window on a Ford Torneo Connect. Any advice on which firm to use.

Yet another careless motorist has crashed into Ron Martin's wall on the corner of Benfleet Road.

When will the bloke catch a break?
Ron really needs to fit a ramp coming off the road towards his wall so somebody can do the job properly😁
(Nb:Ron for the benefit of your lawyers , this is a joke)
IMG_0408.jpeg

5 hours in a car to get to Weymouth from Stanford-le-hope. A beer or 4 in the Admiral Hardy upon late arrival with my father in law. Have just got back to my in-laws house in Weymouth only to find that had we stayed in Stanford-le-Hope I could have seen the Northern Lights.

:Angry:

5 hours in a car to get to Weymouth from Stanford-le-hope. A beer or 4 in the Admiral Hardy upon late arrival with my father in law. Have just got back to my in-laws house in Weymouth only to find that had we stayed in Stanford-le-Hope I could have seen the Northern Lights.

This one was taken by my wife in Hockley just before midnight.
727b3978-7aa4-4d2f-b75c-379d9e401a6d.jpeg

Some media online are saying there could be another opportunity this evening so 🤞.
You may have some luck👍

The Chinese flu jolly up enquiry is still going on at vast expense to us all😷

Rain here in Indianapolis for most of the practice yesterday, today's not looking too promising eitherScreenshot_2024-05-15-07-18-12-740.jpg

Disaster strikes and it is three days a week in office at Canary Wharf from July.
I think you would have paid good money for that set up 4 years ago !

Well unless they are cutting your hours in which case I’ll shut up …..

The ever increasing number of drivers that now have no idea/or don't care what car indicators are for. It's making driving even more dangerous, especially at roundabouts.
You just have to seriously have your wits about you whenever getting behind the wheel nowadays & definitely have a dashcam. Expect the unexpected I was always taught.

Some of the things I witness going on, & no doubt you guys do too, honestly beggars belief.

There are people out there on the roads who imo should not (& may not be) in possession of a driving licence.

Those of you who drive for a living have my sympathy.

Anyone seen the height of the grass around the town in public spaces at the moment, it's getting a bit long. No-mow May, or no dosh to do it I wonder?

Anyone seen the height of the grass around the town in public spaces at the moment, it's getting a bit long. No-mow May, or no dosh to do it I wonder?
It’s like a jungle round by York Road & Queensway.
Went to visit my parents in Rayleigh & the grass verges are about 18inches high.

Does make you wonder what exactly increased council tax gets spent on.

A few weeks ago there was a collision in Royal Artillery Way when a car hit 2 (of a trio) of council ride on mowers. Two mower workers were seriously injured, one was in a London hospital with multiple fractures, including pelvis, and the other also has multiple fractures but not as serious. I am sure the council has more mowers, but the grass cutting services must be stretched past it's capacity.
IIRC the car driver has been charged with drink/drugs driving; and the collision happened early morning so it does fit in with your observations on driving standards RHB.

Back