• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is it with Locking threads??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrustyTheKray

President
I agree about getting behind the team etc etc etc. And this is our most important time of the season.

But why lock threads, cant people have a say and speak their views??

Yes but it gets a bit boring when it's the same people over and over and over.

I should have locked it ages ago- the thread was going nowhere, and only wound people up more.

LOCK THIS TOPIC!!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ April 18 2005,16:35)]I agree about getting behind the team etc etc etc.  And this is our most important time of the season.

becasuse they dont like it mate when people like me and you tell the truth.. they cant handle the truth 'cause they're constantly stuck up the clubs and player's ares'.
thats it, surely i deserve a yellow card now? and this topic must be locked!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 18 2005,16:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ April 18 2005,16:35)]I agree about getting behind the team etc etc etc.  And this is our most important time of the season.

becasuse they dont like it mate when people like me and you tell the truth.. they cant handle the truth 'cause they're constantly stuck up the clubs and player's ares'.
yes thats it! youve cracked it.

as you are basically trying your hardest to get a yellow card im determined not to give you one (a yellow card that is)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 18 2005,16:53)]becasuse they dont like it mate when people like me and you tell the truth.. they cant handle the truth 'cause they're constantly stuck up the clubs and player's ares'.
Hardly the truth, it is your opinion that Maher and Gower is crap, my opinion is that Maher and Gower are quality and had a bad couple of games, but not against Orient.

[b said:
[b said:

I am in no way "stuck up the club's & player's ar*es"
Geographically, I am too far away from the club to ever be that. I come on this board to keep up to date with the club I love & have some level of interaction with other people who (generally) feel the same.

The topic in question as Napster said was going round & around with the same vitriolic drivel and so deserved be locked, not purely because I suggested it should have been in a previous posting.

This board should be for free speech & locking threads should only be as a last resort when the views expressed in them are becoming monotonous & even pointless!

I have no axe to grind with anybody on here as I don't really know anybody personally. No doubt I've seen people that post at some of the games I've been to this season as well as Cardiff but have yet to physically meet anyone for a pint (maybe that will change @ Grimsby), therefore I can't either be accused as being part of the so-called Secret SZ Clique.

As TtK says (despite being one of those who feel hard done by) this is the time we should ALL pull together & get behind OUR team to get out of this horrible negative division!

[b said:
[b said:

becasuse they dont like it mate when people like me and you tell the truth.. they cant handle the truth
I think it's a case of certain fans not accepting when certain players have bad games!!!

But i was getting that vibe about what you was saying!

Let's just hope we get three points tomorrow, cause i for one see this league as winable.  Let's go for it big time.  We haven't been in this position for ages and ages, hope Tilly just does not concede the title and settle for second or third.

Wouldn't it be great to win some silverwear this season and go up as champs.

Changes need to be made tomorrow.

Play the same team as friday but,

Play McCormack for the suspended Bentley.

Guttridge for Maher (Guttridge would bring more attacking options from midfield, and would hopefully create some decent chances from which Gray or Eastwood would hopefully get a long overdue goal. Luke deserves to be given a chance).

Bring Nicolau in for the out of form Gower (nuff said).

Lastly, make Super Adam Barrett the captain.

On the Bench, Morgan, Eagle, Maher, Gower and Dudfield.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ April 18 2005,17:15)]Guttridge for Maher (Guttridge would bring more attacking options from midfield, and would hopefully create some decent chances from which Gray or Eastwood would hopefully get a long overdue goal.  Luke deserves to be given a chance).

Won't happen, it will be the same team that played on Friday (except from Bentley).

gray panics sometimes under pressure i think..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ April 18 2005,17:15)]Changes need to be made tomorrow.

Guttridge for Maher (Guttridge would bring more attacking options from midfield, and would hopefully create some decent chances from which Gray or Eastwood would hopefully get a long overdue goal.  Luke deserves to be given a chance).

I will be thanking god tonight that your not the manager of my beloved club.

Rearrange these words and I think it sums up exactly what you post everytime.

"clue", "a", "got", "haven't".

Not bothered who plays. I shall be too busy on my prayer mat worshipping the god of league 2 promotion begging him for a 95th minute winner deflected off three backsides which hits the post and trickles over the line, or a thumping 4 nil victory not fussed which.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 18 2005,17:29)]gray panics sometimes under pressure i think..
I don't think thats it to be honest, the guy seems very laid back and I don't think his the panicky type.

I just don't feel his a natural goalscorer, same with Eastwood in my eyes. The most natural goalscorer we have at the club is Dudders, but he can't get in the team, rightly so, because of the form and the partnership of Gray and Eastwood.

Saying Eastwood and Gray aren't natural goalscorers isn't a dig at them at all because they have 32 goals between them so they must know where the back of the net is. All I'm saying is in a one-on-one situation I'd rather have Dudders.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ April 18 2005,17:15)]
[b said:
[b said:

becasuse they dont like it mate when people like me and you tell the truth.. they cant handle the truth
I think it's a case of certain fans not accepting when certain players have bad games!!!

But i was getting that vibe about what you was saying!

Let's just hope we get three points tomorrow, cause i for one see this league as winable.  Let's go for it big time.  We haven't been in this position for ages and ages, hope Tilly just does not concede the title and settle for second or third.

Wouldn't it be great to win some silverwear this season and go up as champs.

Changes need to be made tomorrow.

Guttridge for Maher (Guttridge would bring more attacking options from midfield, and would hopefully create some decent chances from which Gray or Eastwood would hopefully get a long overdue goal.  Luke deserves to be given a chance).

On the Bench, Morgan, Eagle, Maher, Gower and Dudfield.
I can sort of see where you are coming from. I think Gower had a very poor game at Cardiff, and that Maher has been ineffective for the last two games.

However I would start both against Macclesfield. Gower looked much better first half against Orient and remains a key player for us. If Cardiff showed us anything, it showed us what an important player Gower is - because when he has an off-day we don't function as a team. His creativity is vital to us, and he must start. If its not happening for him you might then want to bring on Guttridge or Nicolau.

Maher is a completely different style of player to Guttridge. To drop him for Guttridge would be too big a change in our playing style.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ April 18 2005,17:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ April 18 2005,17:15)]Changes need to be made tomorrow.

I will be thanking god tonight that your not the manager of my beloved club.

Rearrange these words and I think it sums up exactly what you post everytime.

"clue", "a", "got", "haven't".
So whats wrong with a bit of change!

You've been happy with the performances the last couple of games then??

"easliy" "Pleased" "i" "say"

We have played a lot worse than we did against Orient and won games. If Beno had taken that one-on-one and Barrett had scored from that fantastic ball in from Maher, it would be a completely different story. We dominated possesion and restricted them to not a lot, corners, long shots and a decent effort in the second half which Flav's done well to keep out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 18 2005,17:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ April 18 2005,16:35)]I agree about getting behind the team etc etc etc. And this is our most important time of the season.

I'd advocate a complete ban to be honest. You are becoming pathetically tiresome and come across as a very immature young man, despite suggestions to the contrary by yourself "off list". I think you might find that if you grow up a bit and stop acting like a child, you could get a lot more out of this forum.

WS

PS : FAO Barmy Army ~ sorry for getting off this supposed "high horse" that I apparently have stored here in Spain, but it really needed to be said.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ April 18 2005,17:35)]I agree about getting behind the team etc etc etc. And this is our most important time of the season.

Everyone can make their views and opinions heard of this forum, TTK, even if they do read contrary to the majority notion. But what we have to refuse to accept ~ and stand up against ~ is the apparent intent by one or two pathetically immature users to hijack these threads with senseless drivel in the hope that the more mature posters will react. It's very sad ...

WS

glare.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back