• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is it with Locking threads??

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ April 18 2005,16:35)]I agree about getting behind the team etc etc etc.  And this is our most important time of the season.

But why lock threads, cant people have a say and speak their views??
Just to stick my two pennies worth in as I didn't get a chance to defend myself in the other thread.

There is no such clause in Maher's contract. My source being somebody pretty high up the echelon at the club is slightly more reliable than a friend of a friend of Darryl.

Secondly, yes I question players sometimes, as we all do. The difference being though that the rest of us don't carry it out in this stupid petty way of constantly bombarding the board with the same tiresome dribble. I said after the LDV final that Gower should've been dropped, but as he wasn't I got behind him and the realised that he was much improved against Orient which is what I said on here. You put your blinkers on though and completely missed that, preferring instead to ignore it and continue your one man crusade.

My view is that you should try to get away from your somewhat ignorant views and concentrate your efforts in seeing the good, and not just the bad, which is what you seem to do. That's all I'm saying on the matter.

Xabia i get the impression that like me you are jealous of youth being wasted on the young. Drivel? Well even the ' more mature' posters, myself included, have indulged themselves with a tad or two of drivel. Agree, disagree. Lock it, don't lock it. Its all good fun. A myriad of differing opinions with just one True Blue Core. United we stand...blah, blah...
Lifes too short to sweat about it. Lets all be glad that however much the fans disagree we all agree about what we want for the team. A future and success. A succesful future.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ April 18 2005,19:33)]Xabia i get the impression that like me you are jealous of youth being wasted on the young. Drivel? Well even the ' more mature' posters, myself included, have indulged themselves with a tad or two of drivel. Agree, disagree. Lock it, don't lock it. Its all good fun. A myriad of differing opinions with just one True Blue Core. United we stand...blah, blah...
Lifes too short to sweat about it. Lets all be glad that however much the fans disagree we all agree about what we want for the team. A future and success. A succesful future.
I see what your getting at but, at times, this bored becomes very boring with certain people repeating the same thing over and over again. Not only is it boring to read buts its frustating when people can't see both sides of the argument.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ April 18 2005,20:33)]Xabia i get the impression that like me you are jealous of youth being wasted on the young. Drivel? Well even the ' more mature' posters, myself included, have indulged themselves with a tad or two of drivel. Agree, disagree. Lock it, don't lock it. Its all good fun. A myriad of differing opinions with just one True Blue Core. United we stand...blah, blah...
You might just be right. But I really hate to see something that Scriv and I started four years ago and become somewhat of an institution be dragged into the same mire that Jai's Shrimpers.net was hauled into a couple of years ago. Maybe I'm just being defensive of my "offspring" but it really does get on my wick ...

WS

glare.gif

PS ~ And I appreciate that I'm not adverse to the odd moment of drivel as well!

wink.gif

we all spout drivel from time to time but some people spout more drivel than most and then repeat themselves about 50 times. It's like Chinese water torture.:O

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ April 18 2005,20:37)]... its frustating when people can't see both sides of the argument.
Indeed, Mike. I'm all for constructive discussion of differing opinions but some people just can't accept that. This board would be a far better place if such a policy was appreciated, although not necessarily agreed with. For instance, I think that there are many, many strikers better than Bramble out there but I appreciate that a fair proportion people think otherwise and I accept that. It's a shame others can't accept alternative views ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ April 18 2005,19:43)]For instance, I think that there are many, many strikers better than Bramble out there but I appreciate that a fair proportion people think otherwise
Damn right.
wink.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ April 18 2005,20:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ April 18 2005,19:43)]For instance, I think that there are many, many strikers better than Bramble out there but I appreciate that a fair proportion people think otherwise
Damn right.
wink.gif
tounge.gif
I really don't know what you mean ... ?!

WS

tounge.gif

I think people spend far too much time on this messageboard. For me, thats seems to be the cause of a lot of the problems associated with it, eg people spouting drivel, repetition, cliqueyness, you name it

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ April 18 2005,19:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ April 18 2005,16:35)]I agree about getting behind the team etc etc etc.  And this is our most important time of the season.

Just to stick my two pennies worth in as I didn't get a chance to defend myself in the other thread.

There is no such clause in Maher's contract. My source being somebody pretty high up the echelon at the club is slightly more reliable than a friend of a friend of Darryl.

You put your blinkers on though and completely missed that, preferring instead to ignore it and continue your one man crusade.

My view is that you should try to get away from your somewhat ignorant views and concentrate your efforts in seeing the good, and not just the bad, which is what you seem to do. That's all I'm saying on the matter.
Haven't put the blinkers on, just dont see what all the fuss is about Gower's performance friday night! I must have been watching a different game. I cannot see how he justifies a start in the team at the moment. Lets face it, Gower was poor in Cardiff and against the o's!

He just didn't seem interested on friday night, you could tell by his body language. Most of the people around me in the West were wanting him to be subbed off sooner (see it's not only me!).

As for Maher, well you know my feelings!

Lets just hope we get 3 points tomorrow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ April 18 2005,21:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ April 18 2005,19:28)]
[b said:

You put your blinkers on though and completely missed that, preferring instead to ignore it and continue your one man crusade.

Haven't put the blinkers on, just dont see what all the fuss is about Gower's performance friday night!  I must have been watching a different game.  I cannot see how he justifies a start in the team at the moment.  Lets face it, Gower was poor in Cardiff and against the o's!  

He just didn't seem interested on friday night, you could tell by his body language.  Most of the people around me in the West were wanting him to be subbed off sooner (see it's not only me!).  

As for Maher, well you know my feelings!

Lets just hope we get 3 points tomorrow.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaarrrrrrrrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Tony give it a rest. Can't you take a hint?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ April 18 2005,19:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 18 2005,17:53)]
[b said:

becasuse they dont like it mate when people like me and you tell the truth.. they cant handle the truth 'cause they're constantly stuck up the clubs and player's ares'.
thats it, surely i deserve a yellow card now? and this topic must be locked!!
I'd advocate a complete ban to be honest. You are becoming pathetically tiresome be said.
well, go on then..

you and everyone else on this board do not like the fact that i for one see wrong in the team, and of course none of you do..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 18 2005,23:02)]you and everyone else on this board do not like the fact that i for one see wrong in the team, and of course none of you do..
If that's what you believe then you are entitled to that somewhat misplaced opinion. You are, of course, way off the mark but then it's not the first time, is it ... ?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ April 18 2005,22:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 18 2005,23:02)]you and everyone else on this board do not like the fact that i for one see wrong in the team, and of course none of you do..
If that's what you believe then you are entitled to that somewhat misplaced opinion. You are, of course, way off the mark but then it's not the first time, is it ... ?

WS
couldn't resist a little pop there mike?
rock.gif

i will forever continue to post my views on here, whether you like them or not.. so i suppose your stuck with it eh?
i will always be the first to admit it when im wrong, and if and when im proved wrong i will admit it

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 18 2005,23:08)]i will forever continue to post my views on here, whether you like them or not.. so i suppose your stuck with it eh?
i will always be the first to admit it when im wrong, and if and when im proved wrong i will admit it
You are of course entitled to those opinions ~ I have already told you "off list". But you are also in much need of understanding that your opinion might and most probably will be subject to both scrutiny and criticism. To inform someone that they can "f**k off muppet" just because they don't concur with your own belief is not quite the stuff of mature debate. To take their views on board yet stick to your own opinion is far more constructive. At the moment your views are as far from the world of "constructive debate" as you can get ...

WS

Can I just ask why has CSJ not received any cards and warned as to his future conduct on the board?.

I know a few people on here have received cards for a lot less than what he has spouted on about...

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ April 18 2005,22:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 18 2005,23:08)]i will forever continue to post my views on here, whether you like them or not.. so i suppose your stuck with it eh?
You are of course entitled to those opinions ~ I have already told you "off list". But you are also in much need of understanding that your opinion might and most probably will be subject to both scrutiny and criticism. To inform someone that they can "f**k off muppet" just because they don't concur with your own belief is not quite the stuff of mature debate. To take their views on board yet stick to your own opinion is far more constructive. At the moment your views are as far from the world of "constructive debate" as you can get ...

WS
well people have to understand that they cant say that to me as well and that their views can also be subject to scrutiny..
im not interested in arguing about bullsh*t at the moment so thats my closing piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back