• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Just back from a fabulous long weekend in Marbella to celebrate @The Big Shrimp's wedding, absolutely stunning location and a wonderful evening - Congrats Rich and Jacki!

FB_IMG_1538221055772.jpg

Mrs Mattito, got head hunted to do a job for 3 months in the new Radisson in Glasgow, she initially turned it down, but they offered her an additional 2k more a month (plus all flight, taxi, car parking, laundry and meal expenses to get her home every weekend).. the owners are major stake holders in Celtic FC and other major parts of Glasgow.

Upshot....
1.Laundry done for free.
2. I'm building up those avios points for a free flight to Spain,
3 .I get to lay on the sofa watching football instead of her normal X-Factor crap etc etc.

To top it off, for humour value... she had to attend an awards function tonight (hosted by Josh Widdicombe & Alex Brooker) and had to make an acceptance speech for an award she didn't deserve, because she won't start working for the company for about another 3 weeks!!

Mrs Mattito, got head hunted to do a job for 3 months in the new Radisson in Glasgow, she initially turned it down, but they offered her an additional 2k more a month (plus all flight, taxi, car parking, laundry and meal expenses to get her home every weekend).. the owners are major stake holders in Celtic FC and other major parts of Glasgow.

Upshot....
1.Laundry done for free.
3 .I get to lay on the sofa watching football instead of her normal X-Factor crap etc etc.

To top it off, for humour value... she had to attend an awards function tonight (hosted by Josh Widdicombe & Alex Brooker) and had to make an acceptance speech for an award she didn't deserve, because she won't start working for the company for about another 3 weeks!!

Congrats to her.

Her laundry or your laundry?

Upshot....
1.Laundry done for free.

Nothing new there but the post to the ladies new residence will go up from Heathrow. @mattitouk :Smile2:

DNA results: 100% British & Irish (I have my UKIP membership forms ready).
1041 3rd/4th/5th cousins scattered throughout UK/USA/Canada/Australia.
I'm in the 98% percentile for the amount of Neanderthal DNA in my system (apparantly that's why I have straight hair).

Fascinating. I highly recommend it.

Who did you do it with? What is the process? and how much? I'm intrigued

Who did you do it with? What is the process? and how much? I'm intrigued

23andme. Basically they send you a test kit, you spit into it and send it back. It takes awhile for them to process it all (just under 2 months) but there's a tracker on the website so you can see what stage you're at. I paid £69 as it was on a deal, though it's not much more out of it. You can pay a bit more to have your health factors recorded but I didn't opt for that (not really sure I want to know how likely I am to get cancer).

I'm a genealogy freak so for me it was golden. Who knows Ricky, we could be related! :Smile:

Mk it turns out is related to.

Actually I'm "closely" related to someone called Countess Blanche Cassagrande (and I'm not making this up) who lived in Illinois & NYC. Her son is my closest match and we share 2nd Great Grandparents somehow.

23andme. Basically they send you a test kit, you spit into it and send it back. It takes awhile for them to process it all (just under 2 months) but there's a tracker on the website so you can see what stage you're at. I paid £69 as it was on a deal, though it's not much more out of it. You can pay a bit more to have your health factors recorded but I didn't opt for that (not really sure I want to know how likely I am to get cancer).

I'm a genealogy freak so for me it was golden. Who knows Ricky, we could be related! :Smile:

It does sound good, although not high on my list of priorities at that price. Definitely one i'll make hints on for xmas to my other half though.

We are already brothers in the shrimper family :ROFL:

Actually I'm "closely" related to someone called Countess Blanche Cassagrande (and I'm not making this up) who lived in Illinois & NYC. Her son is my closest match and we share 2nd Great Grandparents somehow.

My dad did it when he was alive, we got traced back to the Duke of Wellington, true story apparently our relative was a female gardener he shagged at the time, who gave birth.

It does sound good, although not high on my list of priorities at that price. Definitely one i'll make hints on for xmas to my other half though.

We are already brothers in the shrimper family :ROFL:

Some truth in that, as everyone in the world is related to one man who lived in East Africa 275,000 years ago, even Col Ewe fans.

Went to a tech city on sea networking event at Zero 6 last night and there was free beer and pizza.

Zero 6 itself however is a dump.

Jeeeez...Zero 6!!!

Blimey..... that sends me back....just the thought of it reminds me of the taste of petrol.. or bleach, or what ever they labeled vodka back in the day).....I honestly didn't even knew it was still around.
I thought it died out around the time of HI-TEK trainers.

You should have suggested a networking meeting at Roller City instead!!

Plenty more ammo in your post, after they have had a couple of sambuca's on roller skates !!!

Last edited:
That Donny Trump and KJU didn't win the Nobel Peace price. I expect a barrage of angry, illiterate tweets from the chump in charge.

Jeeeez...Zero 6!!!

Blimey..... that sends me back....just the thought of it reminds me of the taste of petrol.. or bleach, or what ever they labeled vodka back in the day).....I honestly didn't even knew it was still around.
I thought it died out around the time of HI-TEK trainers.

You should have suggested a networking meeting at Roller City instead!!

Plenty more ammo in your post, after they have had a couple of sambuca's on roller skates !!!

Hoping the next one is at Skiddybarochee

Back