• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

I am disappointed we are paying our playets so much money they can lounge around pools on luxury holidays.

When I was his age I was going on holidays where your starter was a small glass of fruit juice.

Lol, and you thought you were quite sophisticated because you were having a starter! Remember it well! :Thumbs up:

Lol, and you thought you were quite sophisticated because you were having a starter! Remember it well! :Thumbs up:

First time I had a curry was on holiday somewhere as there was no hope in hell that my mum would cook it. It was probably awful (in today's tastes) but with parents who grew up in WW2 their tastes extended as far as boiled beef and potatoes. :Sick:

First time I had a curry was on holiday somewhere as there was no hope in hell that my mum would cook it. It was probably awful (in today's tastes) but with parents who grew up in WW2 their tastes extended as far as boiled beef and potatoes. :Sick:

Oh my mum used to make curry - I hated it! Now though I love an Indian or Chinese curry - totally different flavour, and they never had sultanas in, which mum's ones did!

I remember they'd sit there with little dishes of coconut and sliced banana to add on top too - my teenage self just couldn't handle it!

Last edited:
Oh my mum used to make curry - I hated it! Now though I love an Indian or Chinese curry - totally different flavour, and they never had sultanas in, which mum's ones did!

I remember they'd sit there with little dishes of coconut and sliced banana to add on top too - my teenage self just couldn't handle it!
Sounds like a jazzed up vesta to me?

Sounds like a jazzed up vesta to me?

Lol, my dad used to have those if he'd come in late! I would cook the crispy bits to go on top for him.

Mum always made them from scratch, but I have no idea what spices she used, think it was probably just curry powder, but it was always minced beef!

Last edited:
More disappointing that his girlfriend calls him “Ste”. The quitting half way through in that partnership is endemic!
Perhaps she was so impressed at how many keepy uppys he could manage that it just took her breath away when saying his name?

Roast beef and all the trimmings for dinner accompanied by a decent red wine. What's not to like? Very special mention for Mrs RHB who did all the cooking. Given the weather today the kitchen temperature was bordering on tropical but she never once complained about the heat (well she did really but why spoil the moment).

Roast beef and all the trimmings for dinner accompanied by a decent red wine. What's not to like? Very special mention for Mrs RHB who did all the cooking. Given the weather today the kitchen temperature was bordering on tropical but she never once complained about the heat (well she did really but why spoil the moment).

Well done her, I did roast pork while hubby was on a Heathrow run, all turned out perfectly in the end time wise. Strawberries and cream for pud too - yum!

Ran my first organised half marathon this morning and managed a PB too - very happy.
I managed 3hrs 8 minutes today and that’s my first half marathon. Whatever time you done it in stand up and pat yourself on the back.

I managed 3hrs 8 minutes today and that’s my first half marathon. Whatever time you done it in stand up and pat yourself on the back.
Loved it, what a great event. I think we're allowed to feel mighty proud of ourselves today! Looking forward to a beer or 2 later...

Last edited:
Being back in Essex, when I moved away I was glad to be gone and didn’t want to move back. 6 years later I love the place and couldn’t imagine living anywhere else.

Now to find a job so I can in my house everyday rather than just at weekends.

Being back in Essex, when I moved away I was glad to be gone and didn’t want to move back. 6 years later I love the place and couldn’t imagine living anywhere else.

Now to find a job so I can in my house everyday rather than just at weekends.

Have you left the RAF now?

Back