• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

"Alright Dave?"

Fortunately the builder who spent 9 weeks on the job was called Dave.

I'm also chuffed as James Blunt liked a vaguely anti-James Blunt tweet. Though it's probably automatic and/or done by industry lackey. Still, :Thumbs up:

Spoke to Mark yesterday, taking them over to be valued tomorrow.

Very interesting chat at Stacey's Auctioneers. The items i took to be valued, on the Antique Atlas website, they valued them around £400, same as E-Bay with individuals selling them separately, but personally think a lot of items on E-Bay are 'fantasy island' prices!.
Stacey's checked them out & suggested a reserved price between £120-£150. Bearing in mind they take 20% commission, the more they get for them, the more they make.
Hell of a difference, but bottom line is i'll have around £100 more than if i hadn't sorted out the loft!.
Now what do i do with the money, use it for Christmas or put it away towards a season ticket for next season????.

Very interesting chat at Stacey's Auctioneers. The items i took to be valued, on the Antique Atlas website, they valued them around £400, same as E-Bay with individuals selling them separately, but personally think a lot of items on E-Bay are 'fantasy island' prices!.
Stacey's checked them out & suggested a reserved price between £120-£150. Bearing in mind they take 20% commission, the more they get for them, the more they make.
Hell of a difference, but bottom line is i'll have around £100 more than if i hadn't sorted out the loft!.
Now what do i do with the money, use it for Christmas or put it away towards a season ticket for next season????.
What is needed now is 2+ bidders after them at the auction

A broken seat at the Palace Theatre. We booked last moment to see Oliver there tonight and got two tickets in the dress circle, not too bad and the view was ok. Five minutes before the show started the left side of my seat parted company with it's retaining screws. A quick word with the House manager and we were re-seated in the front centre stalls five rows from the front. Far better view and a very good show from the Little Theatre Company.

A broken seat at the Palace Theatre. We booked last moment to see Oliver there tonight and got two tickets in the dress circle, not too bad and the view was ok. Five minutes before the show started the left side of my seat parted company with it's retaining screws. A quick word with the House manager and we were re-seated in the front centre stalls five rows from the front. Far better view and a very good show from the Little Theatre Company.

Presume that was nothing to do with your weight??.

Presume that was nothing to do with your weight??.
Hard to say really. I'm 15.8 stone which a theatre seat should be able to cope with but the seats at the Palace are all getting on a bit. In my defence we have been there loads of times and this was the first seat collapse I have encountered where my arse was involved.

Buy a season card for us of course-prices will be a lot cheaper in L2 next year. :Winking:

Hard to say really. I'm 15.8 stone which a theatre seat should be able to cope with but the seats at the Palace are all getting on a bit. In my defence we have been there loads of times and this was the first seat collapse I have encountered where my arse was involved.

Ha!, as long as there wasn't a cascade of splinters & fabric showering those around you, no damage done!.
Now my partner dosn't think she has a big arse, but when she sits down, it sounds like a round of applause!!.

Morrison's still selling whole Salmon's for £5 per kilo, instead of £12. Have brought 3 since last week, remove pin bones, skin & divvy up into portions ready to grill.
Est have got 30 breakfasts waiting for me, working out at £1.20p each, happy days!.

Seeing Hugh Grant and Steve Coogan getting out there and walking the walk over the last few days. Fair play to you fellas :Thumbs up:

Back