• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

I've just been offered a 'hybrid' publishing deal for this novel I've spent years wrestling with - and then forgetting about for a while. I haven't seen the contract yet but it's been nice to receive some good feedback about it. I'm still editing it as I'm not 100% happy with it, but hey.
I have just got a similar offer from a publisher. Can we compre notes? I have a contract but haven't signed it yet.

Just heard that from today the French authorites are no longer demanding (merely recommending) a negative PCR test result to enter French territory by car.That's saved us a couple of hundred euros!Pity there's no restaurant or bar here open after 5 pm to go out and celebrate in....

I have noticed anyone with a nice-ish car in Benfleet parks it at a carefully calculated angle on their drive to present it at its best.

I suspect this may be an Essex thing.

UK Power :Clap:. After reporting our power out they kept us updated with fix progress via texts and when then had restored power a very polite bloke rang me, told me what had caused the fault and explained what they had done to get us power back. The outage only affected 4 houses on our side of the street which was weird in itself. Very impressive customer service.

Booked a surprise 3 day stay at a very expensive Brighton Hotel, for my 'other half's' 70th in Sept.
She's wondering why i'm feeling upset tonight!. Bless her, to keep the romance going, i'll hide her TCP!.

Going to see Ian Siegal in Badalona tonight in a socially distanced concert.Appropriate in a way since the Badalona festival was the first musical event to fall victim of the virus last March.Haven't seen a gig since January 2020 when I saw some friends playing in a bar.Seems like much longer ago now.

Backing 13 horses at the last day at Cheltenham today, and it’s not even cost me anything up to today as it’s been a good week, so any winners today and I am ££££££s in?

Managed to take a couple of hours to clean my car and it looks immaculate. Thought it was going to rain but luckily it has held off.

Back