• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

A gritting lorry has just gone up and down our road. It desperately needed it especially the junctions at each end as they were pure ice and ruts. First time ever for our road. Well done Veolia.

I was laid low with that bug that’s going round in November. I’ve been back to work for one morning since then (to cut a long story short, it didn’t go well as I was clearly less fit than I thought!)

I’ve been slowly working on getting to the point where I can go for a walk without destroying myself. Today, for the first time in three months, I managed a second consecutive day of walking. It was only a mile. But it‘s progress.

I took my truck in for service last night. There is a chap in service reception who always asks the same questions and never raises so much as an eyebrow at what you say. So the conversation went thus,

'Any problems?
'Yeah, the wife has left me and the cat is sick'
'Picking it up early? ?

I took my truck in for service last night. There is a chap in service reception who always asks the same questions and never raises so much as an eyebrow at what you say. So the conversation went thus,

'Any problems?
'Yeah, the wife has left me and the cat is sick'
'Picking it up early? ?

For some reason that has reminded me of a story from my student days. My halls was over the road to a convenience store where we used to go for a chocolate run every now and again. So one person would go over with an order from about 20 different people.

The kid behind the counter would get what you wanted (this was the East End, the chocolate was behind the counter), and then ask "Anything else?" in a very gormless voice that really made me laugh.

So, one day I went in there with an order for loads of different things, but I ordered them one at a time. The conversation went something like this:

Me: "Mars Bar please".
(Kid gets a Mars Bar), "Anything else?"
Me: "Er, yeah, a Twix please."
(Kid gets a Twix), "Anything else?"
Me: "Er, yeah, a Lion Bar please."
(Kid gets a Lion Bar), "Anything else?"

This went on for about 10 minutes!

Inside or outside IR35?

Outside. The agency I'm working with are all chartered accountants. They've been working with the client for years, and have talked them through the whole thing. They're happy to continue outside, so long as the agency draw up the contract.

Back