• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Boot off and crutches gone - my broken fibula has healed in the 6 weeks since I did it and I can now hobble about without those supports!

Still very wary on the stairs but I won't miss having to put that boot on and off when I need to go to the loo during the night. Just got to wait for the swelling and bruising to go down but it can only get stronger now from day to day.

I remember when I broke my fibula playing for SZ. Felt like a dead leg so tried to run it off for a few mins. Drove home went to work and the pain wouldn't go so went to A&E 2 days later.

Glad yours is healing. Not being able to do things you always take for granted is a real eye opener

Went out for dinner finally last night over to the ?Inn in Hawkwell. Good food at a decent price. Felt good to eat out and give some money to a local business.

Now off to have a mooch round a boot sale for the first time in years

Can't believe the word for a male chicken is being starred out so have had to use an emoji ???

Last edited:
We've had our daughter and partner down for a long weekend. Lovely to see them after over a year but now they are on their way back to Brum and we are completely knackered. So, couldn't be bothered to cook we drove down to the sea front and had a cone of chips each and two of those giant battered sausages, all from the Las Vegas Grill. The chips and the sausages were absolutely great and we sat in the car scoffing our chips and sausages contentedly. Simple pleasures ending to a great weekend. Car stinks a bit of chips but who cares.

The Three Kings, just down the road from Upton in Hanley Castle. Ex UK CAMRA pub of the year but like stepping back in time 200 years.

The Malvern Hills are an essential walk I suggest starting from British Camp if you are reasonably fit. It is a couple of hours walk to Malvern via the highest point.

In Malvern itself The Nags Head is a great pub with a large selection of beers and The Anupam is a fantastic Indian restaurant. It's more expensive than your typical curry house but worth the difference. I can recommend The Anupam staff curry which is made with slow cooked lamb on the bone.

If you need a taxi book in advance. Its not like Southend when you can get one any time of day/night.

Thanks for the recommendations. Currently staying at Platform 3. A trip to
Worcester yesterday. Anupam delivered last night - great biryani. Walk up hill today and just back from an afternoon session at the Nags Head. Cracking pub! Cheers.

Eurovision.
Worcester yesterday. Anupam delivered last night - great biryani. Walk up hill today and just back from an afternoon session at the Nags Head. Cracking pub! Cheers.

Enjoy your visit. I used to live there and love the place.

Station House? It's fab isn't it? We stayed in Sleepers when we went and took up some of @Mad Cyril 's excellent recommendations too.

Been to Freeport and spent too much and for as long as I can remember we are no longer in the relegation places ?

Cheers Cyril went there yesterday lunchtime for a quick one before the Nags Head.
The Barrels in Hereford today. A perfect pint of Butty Bach.

If you like your real ale and extremely old school boozers try The Three Kings in Hanley Castle. 10 mins drive away and on the way to Upton on Severn

Glad that Villarreal beat MU last night.Also happy that Gerrard Morreno scored (ex-Espanyoll) scored for them.Watch out for him in the Euros,he's a classy forward with 10 caps to his name already.

Last edited:
Glad that Villarreal beat MU last night.Also happy that Victor Morreno scored (ex-Espanyoll) scored for them.Watch out for him in the Euros,he's a classy forward with 10 caps to his name already.

That was a crazy pen shoot out. You could see on De Gea's face he was going to miss.

I'm a bit of a closet Man U fan so wanted them to win, but fair play to Villarreal, they parked the bus. It wasn't a good game to watch at all.

And the town has a population of 50K, Jesus, there's hope for us yet.

Back