• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is your favourite banned advert?

What was your favourite advert out of the four?

• Two guys in the sauna

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Moob Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cheering - It Works

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Old Lady's Camera

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Other - Tell the zone

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
None of those... The Kylie Minogue Agent Provocateur one where shes riding the bull in lingerie.

I think the Carol Vordeman Loan/debt consolidation adverts should be banned.

Gullible people assume because she can do a bit of basic arithmetic on Countdown that she is endorsing a product which makes sound financial sense.

In fact every advert that is shown around Countdown seems to concerns Loans/debt consolidation.

Do more unfortunates watch this program than any other?

Last edited:

Is that the IrnBru Snowman advert (YouTube is banned at work, so I can't check)? If so, it's one of the best adverts ever made!

It's not banned as such, though. As I understand it, IrnBru has long had the tradition of booking the first advertising slot on ITV on Hogmanay, and it always shows an advert on it once - just once, and once only. The Snowman is one such advert.

As for banned adverts... the Tango Man / slapping advert was legendary, not least because it caused a furore in the Daily Mail...

:p

I seem to remember that the Hoffmeister "Follow the bear" adverts were pulled due to the media furore over the Lager Lout phenomenom of the mid 1980s.

The one were George the bear was playing Sunday football in a Trilby hat was my favourite.

Crap beer though.

I think the carol Vordeman Loan/debt consolidation adverts should be banned.

Gullible people assume because she can do a bit of basic arithmetic on Countdown that she is endorsing a product which makes sound financial sense.

In fact every advert that is shown around Countdown seems to concers Loans/debt consolidation.

Do more unfortunates watch this program than any other?

Funnily enough, those very same companies run quite a lot of adverts on Racing UK and AtTheRaces too....

Is that the IrnBru Snowman advert (YouTube is banned at work, so I can't check)? If so, it's one of the best adverts ever made!

It's not banned as such, though. As I understand it, IrnBru has long had the tradition of booking the first advertising slot on ITV on Hogmanay, and it always shows an advert on it once - just once, and once only. The Snowman is one such advert.

As for banned adverts... the Tango Man / slapping advert was legendary, not least because it caused a furore in the Daily Mail...

:p

It is indeed . Wow i didnt know that . I also like the goths one .

Back