• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What the hell is going on...

The thread that 'The late one' started thanking people for thier help is getting way out of line, as are others.

This message board used to be interesting and fun (at times!), but lately it's become painful to read the crap that un-registered and sometimes registered posters are putting up!

I sort of agree and I myself moaned a few weeks back about people complaining about "you're not a real fan if... " etc but then thinking about it; with our recent success, TV exposure and probably new members there will be more crap every now and again.

I am just trying to ignore the crap whereas quite a few people on here maybe need to take a chill pill at times - it's a message board - some people will say things other people do not agree with but thats the whole idea.

Agree with the OP 100% - particularly about The Late One's thread. It's making me wonder how far you have to go before your IP is banned.

I liked this board before p r i c k s like vip/charlie came on here, thinking he's livened things up. I am now thinking seriously about not posting on this site anymore. I really can't be hassled to read through his c r a p to find stuff worth reading... and more often than not, he drags a decent thread down to his gutter-like level.

I don't know why people humour these sort of posters, though. Why respond? If people don't respond to them, eventually they'll go away.

Why let them win? Don't let tools like them spoil it for the rest of us...

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 02 2005,17:59)]I don't know why people humour these sort of posters, though.  Why respond?  If people don't respond to them, eventually they'll go away.

Why let them win?  Don't let tools like them spoil it for the rest of us...

rock.gif

Matt
Because they ruin a decent thread, like The Late One's thread. They make topics unworthy of a read. They p*ss members of this board off.

They will kill the board if anyone will.

I for one will not visit this site and watch it happen... and I will not waste my time trying to sift through their garbage.

That's why.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 02 2005,16:57)]I liked this board before p r i c k s like vip/charlie came on here, thinking he's livened things up. I am now thinking seriously about not posting on this site anymore. I really can't be hassled to read through his c r a p to find stuff worth reading... and more often than not, he drags a decent thread down to his gutter-like level.
Why stop posting becuase of a handful of d*ckheads - they'll be gone soon - they'll get bored. I am a member of a lot of message boards but this one has always been one of my favourites. I agree that lately is hasn't been as good as before but as per my previous post - this is probably down to SUFC's recent exposure on TV etc...things will eventually die down and return to normal - especially in pre-season...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lee_sufc @ June 02 2005,18:02)]Why stop posting becuase of a handful of d*ckheads
See above.

Sorry, but until measures are taken to stop idiots like this, then this'll keep happening.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 02 2005,17:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lee_sufc @ June 02 2005,18:02)]Why stop posting becuase of a handful of d*ckheads
See above.

Sorry, but until measures are taken to stop idiots like this, then this'll keep happening.
Maybe there should be some more Mods on here to delete posts from people like that?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lee_sufc @ June 02 2005,17:05)]
[b said:
[b said:
See above.

Maybe there should be some more Mods on here to delete posts from people like that?
keep an eye out for an announcement on this!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lee_sufc @ June 02 2005,18:05)]
[b said:
[b said:
See above.

Deleting posts isn't enough. Sorry, but banning them is. I know it sounds harsh, but this is really ruining a bloody good messageboard.

With that I'm outta here.

Night all.

Sorry, the 'thanks to the few' thread has gone downhill partly because Charlie/VIP/Scamp got my rag and I couldn't leave it.

Don't see why their IP couldn't be banned for a while to shut them up.

By way of apology, I've set up a thread about best oggies we've seen - have a parker's and join in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 02 2005,17:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lee_sufc @ June 02 2005,17:05)]
[b said:
[b said:
See above.

keep an eye out for an announcement on this!
Nice one - look fowards to it.
tounge.gif

I look at the forum for player news and game reports.

Maybe its an idea to move all non team related topics to another section of the forum so people can express their more personal opinions there.

This may clean up "Shrimpers Chit-Chat" and make it again readable and informative.

That was quick work Mods, well done. I hope that's a red card then....

Problem is, you used to have alot of good threads/posts and very interesting to read the different topics. Now id say 65% is crap so your looking for gems in a bag of coal and people can't be bothered to sift through the crap.

Charlie's identity revealed as he looks on,
impassively waiting for his ban to start .....

_1110452_gh1_150.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ June 02 2005,17:26)]He ain't bothered, and i bet it don't stop him...
If he ain't bothered, then (and excuse my French here), what the f*** is the selfish &$!* doing on here in the first place, other than wasting everyone's time including his own?

Nob.

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 02 2005,17:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ June 02 2005,17:26)]He ain't bothered, and i bet it don't stop him...
If he ain't bothered, then (and excuse my French here), what the f*** is the selfish &$!* doing on here in the first place, other than wasting everyone's time including his own?

Nob.

mad.gif
Could not have put it better myself!

blues.gif

Back