• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What to do with Harry Lennon?

What to do with Lennon?

• Sack immediately

Votes: 59 31.4%
  • Discipline, he apologises, keep

Votes: 46 24.5%
  • Under 23’s- transfer list in jan

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • Other

Votes: 10 5.3%

• Total voters
Singing about being in Round Two of the cup. For a Southend player to be singing that about a team that has just beaten the team he was playing for makes him a Grade A twunt and he needs sacking. I don't want to see him in a Southend shirt again
There’s no proof he said anything, he doesn’t say anything in the video. You may not want to see him in a Southend shirt but that doesn’t change the fact the club have no grounds to sack him.

There’s no proof he said anything, he doesn’t say anything in the video. You may not want to see him in a Southend shirt but that doesn’t change the fact the club have no grounds to sack him.

Don't be so naive. They were out celebrating Dovers win. By all accounts Dover player Munns was there too, who is a friend of Lennon. It doesn't look at all good, especially after Lennon played **** poor.

Don't be so naive. They were out celebrating Dovers win. By all accounts Dover player Munns was there too, who is a friend of Lennon. It doesn't look at all good, especially after Lennon played **** poor.
I’m not defending him, he’s an idiot. Doesn’t change the fact that the club won’t be able to sack him for a video of him standing in a pub, where he doesn’t say a word. You’re naive if you think a contract can be terminated for going to a pub.

calmed down .... feeling very very sorry for the silly young man ...

i think we should have a collection for him and buy him some flowers

I’m not defending him, he’s an idiot. Doesn’t change the fact that the club won’t be able to sack him for a video of him standing in a pub, where he doesn’t say a word. You’re naive if you think a contract can be terminated for going to a pub.

They probably won't be able to sack him but they can keep him away from the first team, make things uncomfortable for him. Manage him out of the club

What he did was extremely disrespectful, basically mocking Southend. The management will take a very dim view of this

Sol will do what he thinks is right.
If keeping Lennon was s more likely to get us points then keep him and give him a chance to turn it around. I don’t want Sol to cut off his nose to spite his face.
On the other hand if he wants to make an example of him and thinks this will help raise the team then go ahead and make an example

Sol will do what he thinks is right.
If keeping Lennon was s more likely to get us points then keep him and give him a chance to turn it around. I don’t want Sol to cut off his nose to spite his face.
On the other hand if he wants to make an example of him and thinks this will help raise the team then go ahead and make an example

The thing that is frustrating about Harry Lennon. He seems on paper to have all the attributes to become a very good centre-back. Height, speed and a reasonable ability to play the ball on the deck. But to date it has not really come together for him.

The thing that is frustrating about Harry Lennon. He seems on paper to have all the attributes to become a very good centre-back. Height, speed and a reasonable ability to play the ball on the deck. But to date it has not really come together for him.
you could say that about most of the players. mantom for instance was seen as a real capture when he first came to the club, but has turned out to be useless, keiren not the player everyone was hoping, ralph player of the season at his pre club. the list goes on. i just find it hard to believe that CP and Bond could have got it so wrong.

you could say that about most of the players. mantom for instance was seen as a real capture when he first came to the club, but has turned out to be useless, keiren not the player everyone was hoping, ralph player of the season at his pre club. the list goes on. i just find it hard to believe that CP and Bond could have got it so wrong.

Hopefully, Sol Campbell will keep battling to turn things round and maybe, just maybe, these players will get a chance to show they are better than they are so far demonstrated this season.

The sad thing with all this is this .... he’s the only one to be caught out not giving a ****, drinking with opposition etc ... the sad thing about this squad and the apparent rumours of ‘bad apples’ is that this could quite possibly be the norm and the level of contempt with the players and their respect for the club

I would have thought it's unlikely that he'll play in the first team again. Very stupid move, unless of course, it was engineered to force a move in January - but I doubt he's that intellegent.

Who would want him? Neither Charlton nor us are likely to give him a glowing reference. This is what I don’t get about these so called “bad apples” .. ok they may hate the club and not want to be here but by acting this way they’re effectively ruling out being signed by anyone else..maybe Lennon fancies a stint of non league with his Dover mates but I’ve watched that level of football and he’d be lucky to get a game. That’s not sour grapes it’s the truth.

If he had scored the winner no one would have a problem. Its not because he is in a pub or with Dover players.

There is no proof he was even getting p***** and it was probably arranged before the game anyway.

So his crime is going out after we lost......Not in his home town or even in Dover. So his real crime is getting caught on a mobile phone.

5 points in the league position is far more embarrassing than going out of the FA cup or wearing a club track suite.

I have been in Churchills in Southend when Ronnie Whelan and most of the team turned up after getting beat about 4-0 somewhere. Words were exchanged with Ronnie as it was hardly the smartest thing to do.

So to me Lennon is guilty of a minor offence and no he shouldn't be sacked or condemned to the reserves. That would mean Kiernan would have to start and he would be joint top of my list to go, even before January 1st. Let him train the week before with his new club.

The other person would be Demetriou for a number of reasons but at £4000 per week that wont be happening. Then you can add Mantom the malingerer to the list. (I was warned by PB and its true.)

If Sol wants Lennon out in January thats absolutely fine with me but until then we just have to suffer him.......Remember I was the first to say how bad the Kiernan and Lennon partnership is. With some genuine injuries and certainly players making the best of injuries, Sol doesn't have a lot of options right now.

Who would want him? Neither Charlton nor us are likely to give him a glowing reference. This is what I don’t get about these so called “bad apples” .. ok they may hate the club and not want to be here but by acting this way they’re effectively ruling out being signed by anyone else

I often wonder about this as well. They may earn decent money at Southend but a couple of grand a week is not enough to set you up for life because their income will drop off sharply in their thirties or much sooner if/when they end up in non league.

If I had fallen over like a big baby and gifted Dover the winning goal I would be offering myself for free to Southend fans as an odd job man or airport transfer driver. Anything to repay the debt.

The sad thing with all this is this .... he’s the only one to be caught out not giving a ****, drinking with opposition etc ... the sad thing about this squad and the apparent rumours of ‘bad apples’ is that this could quite possibly be the norm and the level of contempt with the players and their respect for the club

I have read loads of posts stating that there are "bad apples" at the club.
Can someone please elaborate, give examples of this bad behaviour and possibly name and shame?
If not then suggest we should not be speculating.

Who would want him? Neither Charlton nor us are likely to give him a glowing reference.
Why would Charlton not give him a glowing reference? He was well thought of there within the club.

I have read loads of posts stating that there are "bad apples" at the club.
Can someone please elaborate, give examples of this bad behaviour and possibly name and shame?
If not then suggest we should not be speculating.
I'm not sure the Zone would be allowed to, there are such things as libel.

As it goes, I have had rumours that there is discord amongst the players and you can't blame Nile Ranger for it this time.

If he had scored the winner no one would have a problem. Its not because he is in a pub or with Dover players.

There is no proof he was even getting p***** and it was probably arranged before the game anyway.

So his crime is going out after we lost......Not in his home town or even in Dover. So his real crime is getting caught on a mobile phone.

5 points in the league position is far more embarrassing than going out of the FA cup or wearing a club track suite.

I have been in Churchills in Southend when Ronnie Whelan and most of the team turned up after getting beat about 4-0 somewhere. Words were exchanged with Ronnie as it was hardly the smartest thing to do.

So to me Lennon is guilty of a minor offence and no he shouldn't be sacked or condemned to the reserves. That would mean Kiernan would have to start and he would be joint top of my list to go, even before January 1st. Let him train the week before with his new club.

The other person would be Demetriou for a number of reasons but at £4000 per week that wont be happening. Then you can add Mantom the malingerer to the list. (I was warned by PB and its true.)

If Sol wants Lennon out in January thats absolutely fine with me but until then we just have to suffer him.......Remember I was the first to say how bad the Kiernan and Lennon partnership is. With some genuine injuries and certainly players making the best of injuries, Sol doesn't have a lot of options right now.

Rigsby all of this is correct- however he has made the situation far worse by failing to come out and issue a statement understanding how it looks, apologising profusely etc. That is what galls me- now he may be naive and stupid, probably his agent is naive and stupid too, but he has made a bad situation worse. Fair or not I suspect Sol will make a stand on this- he will be out the side for a period for sure and I suspect Sol will have a word with his agent to say quietly find him another club.

And to think some on here moan about John White..

Back