• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Whats going on with the Gypsy King -

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
is it the case that -

a/ Freddy is recovering from a bad back brought on by the strain of
carrying the whole Southend attack for the season -

b/ Freddy has been sold to another club and his new paymasters and his agent don't want him putting the move at risk by playing, and possibley getting injured, for SUFC - (Salako was seen whisperingto him!!)

c/ Freddy was required to do battle on behalf of his clan and the resulting injuries are the consequence of that -

d/ Freddy is in secret training and this is a Tilly and Brush smokescreen
to fool the opposition -

e/ Freddy has completely lost the plot and turned his back on football -

f/ Freddy can't stand this bloke in the West Stand who shouts out advice
and has decided even a move to Orient would beat playing for the RH moaners -

g/ theres a really juicy story behind this that has yet to come out

h/ its just a football injury thing -

i./ aye, aye, moosey

j./ smith (one for Wiggy there)

k./ leigh, is it too late to say I'm sorry?

l./ in a handcart

m./ inem

n./ e1 really care?

o./ to be in Paris in the sprigtime

p./ your pants

q./ nicely please, no pushing in

r./ 2D2

s./ Express

t./ a drink with jam and bread

u./ 've got to pick a pocket or two

v./ W camper van

w./ double me

x./ Ray Spex

y./ have I bothered typing this all out

z./ and two noughts

i./ aye, aye, moosey

l./ in a handcart

m./ inem

n./ e1 really care?

p./ your pants

r./ 2D2

s./ Express

v./ W camper van

w./ double me

x./ Ray Spex

z./ and two noughts

Is this Drink Talk ? .

i./ aye, aye, moosey

l./ in a handcart

m./ inem

n./ e1 really care?

p./ your pants

r./ 2D2

s./ Express

v./ W camper van

w./ double me

x./ Ray Spex

z./ and two noughts

I wanted to rep this but I can't give you anymore positive rep (despite you overtaking me in the stadium).

Some great comedy on here today, what with this and the Dog Rape story!

I salute you! (Wish I hadn't declared the other one as post of the week now!)

is it the case that -

a/ Freddy is recovering from a bad back brought on by the strain of
carrying the whole Southend attack for the season -

b/ Freddy has been sold to another club and his new paymasters and his agent don't want him putting the move at risk by playing, and possibley getting injured, for SUFC - (Salako was seen whisperingto him!!)

c/ Freddy was required to do battle on behalf of his clan and the resulting injuries are the consequence of that -

d/ Freddy is in secret training and this is a Tilly and Brush smokescreen
to fool the opposition -

e/ Freddy has completely lost the plot and turned his back on football -

f/ Freddy can't stand this bloke in the West Stand who shouts out advice
and has decided even a move to Orient would beat playing for the RH moaners -

g/ theres a really juicy story behind this that has yet to come out

h/ its just a football injury thing -

Unfortunately I feel it's a combination of e & g and we're going to end up with "fa" in terms of a transfer fee :mad:

I wanted to rep this but I can't give you anymore positive rep (despite you overtaking me in the stadium).

Some great comedy on here today, what with this and the Dog Rape story!

I salute you! (Wish I hadn't declared the other one as post of the week now!)

Serves you right for negative repping me for ginger abuse???? :hilarious:

i) Freddy Eastwood is currently laying my driveway, and wont be available to play until the job is done

Well I'm not 100% positive, but I believe this is the deal:

A group from Arles and Montpellier in France. Their parents fled from Spain during the Spanish Civil War. They are Calé (Gypsy) musicians, best known for bringing Rumba Catalana, a pop-oriented version of traditional flamenco music to mainstream audiences, a kind of Rumba Flamenca. Many songs of the Gipsy Kings fit social dances, such as Samba, Salsa and Rumba.

They became popular with their album, self titled Gipsy Kings, which included the songs "Djobi Djoba", "Bamboleo" and "Un Amor". The song "Volare" on their second album Mosaique is a rumba version of Domenico Modugno's Italian hit "Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu". The Gipsy Kings were enormously popular in France despite harsh criticism from flamenco purists. Gipsy Kings was successful throughout Europe, especially France and the UK. In 1989, Gipsy Kings was released in the United States and it spent 40 weeks on the charts, one of very few Spanish language albums to do so. Their cover version of "Hotel California" is an excellent example of fast classical guitar leads and flamenco strumming (this version was featured in the Coen Brothers' movie The Big Lebowski - "such lullely place". In 1991 the Gipsy Kings provided flamenco guitar and backing vocals on Bananarama's version of "Long Train Running", using the pseudonym "Alma de Noche" ("Soul of the Night").

The Gipsy Kings are members of two related families: the Reyes and the Baliardos (Reyes means Kings in Spanish). They are cousins of the flamenco great Manitas de Plata. Lead vocalist Nicolas Reyes is the son of flamenco great Jose Reyes. The Gipsy Kings are:

* Nicolas Reyes: lead vocals, guitar
* Pablo Reyes: backup vocals, guitar
* Canut Reyes: backup vocals, guitar
* Patchai Reyes: backup vocals, guitar
* Andre Reyes: guitar/vocals
* Diego Baliardo: guitar
* Paco Baliardo: guitar
* Tonino Baliardo: lead guitar
* Chico Bouchikhi was also a member of the Gipsy Kings, but quit after the album Mosaique

Last edited:
umm - definately a cover up - the Shrimpers are closing ranks and giving nothing away -

or perhaps we could go back to Simon Francis playing up front (he did SCORE) and maybe Clarke and Hunt in midfield -

umm - definately a cover up - the Shrimpers are closing ranks and giving nothing away -

or perhaps we could go back to Simon Francis playing up front (he did SCORE) and maybe Clarke and Hunt in midfield -

Oh Please ,please ,please no more of the Square Pegs thing .Haven't we some Strikers that we have signed and some that we even payed good Money for and given a Contact ,(oh yes I forgot ,they all Fire Blanks) .

Francis and Flahavan up front then ,can't be any worse .

Back