• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When we score....

Bring back Zombie Nation?

• Total voters
I don't particularly like goal music, especially when it's not suitable. It makes me cringe when they play 'I feel good' at Bolton. But Zombie Nation is a good song to chant along to. They used to play it before matches, 00/01 season I think it was.

Another thing they should do with the music is to get rid of the 'Put your hands up for Southend...'.

I go away for 3 years and come back to this rubbish. What on earth were they thinking?!!

Another thing they should do with the music is to get rid of the 'Put your hands up for Southend...'.

I go away for 3 years and come back to this rubbish. What on earth were they thinking?!!

Agreed on that, the whole stadium clapping along to some mindless pop tune is pretty embarassing and uncomfortable at the same time. Do they play any music when the opposition score?

It's been so long since the days without goal music that I'm not sure I would know what to do when we scored if it wasn't marked by DJ Otzi's 'anthem' to sporting excellence. My small and increasingly distracted mind needs prompting on such matters. Nowadays I would even find it difficult to deal with a half-time break (what would I think about?) without entertainment like the halftime challenge or the women who stumble into each other in the centre circle whilst Britney Spears plays in the background. The pre-match experience is also becoming difficult. The lack of entertainment (family days aside) often means I am left staring into space in a state of existential angst whilst Matt Harrold practises shooting wide. My media-numbed brain requires stimulation during this period. Maybe, there could be a interactive 'button' under each of our seats so we could vote on whether Gary Hooper or Eric Odihambo receives the 'gunge tank' at the full-time whistle. Moronic? Possibly, but I need to be occupied these days. Maybe the club could also provide me with a text update or a pod-cast to remind me of who I am and where I live so that I can find my way home- maybe our captain Kev Maher could do the voice on this. I am afraid that without the club's assistance I may just wander aimlessly into traffic.

Last edited:
It's been so long since the days without goal music that I'm not sure I would know what to do when we scored if it wasn't marked by DJ Otzi's 'anthem' to sporting excellence. My small and increasingly distracted mind needs prompting on such matters. Nowadays I would even find it difficult to deal with a half-time break (what would I think about?) without entertainment like the halftime challenge or the women who stumble into each other in the centre circle whilst Britney Spears plays in the background. The pre-match experience is also becoming difficult nowadays. The lack of entertainment (family days aside) often means I am left staring into space in a state of existential angst whilst Matt Harrold practises shooting wide. My media-numbed brain requires stimulation during this period. Maybe, there could be a interactive 'button' under each of our seats so we could vote on whether Gary Hooper or Eric Odihambo receives the 'gunge tank' at the full-time whistle. Moronic? Possibly, but I need to be occupied these days. Maybe the club could also provide me with a text update or a pod-cast to remind me of who I am and where I live so that I can find my way home- maybe our captain Kev Maher could do the voice on this. I am afraid that without the club's assistance I may just wander aimlessly into traffic.

worthy.gif

Zombie Nation does it for me... far less cheesey than DJ Otzi.

In the end though I don't really case what I hear, as long as I hear it 3 or 4 times every home game. And I hope I never get to find out what other clubs do when they score.

Also, in response to someone else's comment... I'll make a public admission that "Put Your Hands Up For Southend..... United FC" has won me over.

Back