• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Where have you been on holiday?

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
The holiday season is nearing it's end for most people so as we head back to school, work, sitting at home on your own in a dark room on SZ, or whatever it is you do why not try and relax thinking about the memories of the boiling Costa Del Sol or the freezing cafes down the seafront. So where did you go? What did you do?

I went to the Greek island of Alonissos, boiling every day (apart from the night with the thunder storm), a lot of travelling though due to the 7 hour wait from getting of the plane to getting on the ferry to get to the right island! Some of the Mamma Mia film was filmed there and on the nearby islands of Skiathos and Skopelos. Most of the people who visit the island are Greeks or own there own boat and visit for a few days and moor up in 1 of the many ports. It was a great holiday but the only thing lacking was people and a bit of atmosphere! Their cheese pie was lovely though!

I'm sure Irish Shrimper can tell us some lovely stories about what Barcelona hospital looks like ;)

Malia with the lads. Awesome.

Turkey with the WAG. Also awesome. Topped off by swimming with a dolphin.

Currently in the Falklands, which you can kind of call a holiday.

Went to Ethiopia, sort of a holiday but also a family trip to bury my parent's ashes - they met and married there and all 5 of us kids were born there so it seemed the right thing to do. We called it "The Ashes Tour" and it was pretty realistic, because we went home without them... :)

Spent the whole time in the tropics, staying in an apartment just a short train ride into the modern and vibrant city. We are also just an hours drive away from fantastic beaches which we've been visiting frequently with the kids. Although it's officially summer here the temperatures have frequently been above 30 degrees centigrade.......

.....oh, sorry, I forgot. It wasn't a holiday. I live here now ;)

Seriously though, my holiday is in October when I come to Essex for a visit.

Went to Sorrento, climbed Vesuvius and walked around Herculaneum and Pompeii amongst other things, spent a fortune despite it being a "free" holiday but got engaged to my missus, so all in all, a top holiday :)

Oh yeah, never EVER go to Naples. Absolute dump.

Having spent a fortune the house and garden, having a cheap year this year

Taking 2 weeks off this month and spending one week at home catching up with maintenance on the house

And then a week in the highlands, with the Caravan. The plan is on find some completely desolate places to put down the legs on the caravan, no TV or radio, just walking boots, camera, binoculars and the dogs....oh and the wife. Hoping to take in at least 2 to 3 Munros if we can as well.

Still haven't booked anything but will take a couple of weeks off 12th September.

Don't fancy long haul, probably want 1 week away. Any ideas people?

I think there is plenty to do in Essex if you like being outdoors. I could cheerfully spend a week cycling.

Went to Sorrento, climbed Vesuvius and walked around Herculaneum and Pompeii amongst other things, spent a fortune despite it being a "free" holiday but got engaged to my missus, so all in all, a top holiday :)

Oh yeah, never EVER go to Naples. Absolute dump.

Ditto! Beautiful place.

Norfolk was the furthest I managed.

My folks live in Cromer, so that's a regular free holiday.

My main holiday this year will be end of Septembet/beginning of October, a week staying in Fort Augustus, armed with walkin boots, cameras, and such like. Sure we'll also try a scotch or two as well

I went to Italy with the hubby. I'd definately go there again even if it was in the middle of a heatwave with temperatures pushing 40 degrees!

Got 2 mini trips coming up so looking forward to those as well.

I did Marmaris. Good, but the hotel food was so tonk, we ended up eating out most of the time.

Didn't really venture into marmaris, Icmeler is the more chilled out I think. We were selfcatering so ate out every night, the food was generally very good and everything was very reasonable (25quid 2x two courses, bread and bottle wine)

Back