• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Where is Ashley Nathaniel-George?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPato

Hi Guys,

A question I can’t seem to find an answer to anywhere. Where is Ashley Nathaniel-George? I know at end of the season he had a knee operation but we are now in October? Was he completely pushed away by Brown? Or is he still recovering?

MP

I think Ron alluded to this before. He said he wasn't right to play and the club were helping him. I infer that it could possibly be mental health issue.

Brown never spoke about him, only Akinola. Felt like he was told not to talk about him to maybe protect ANG.

Wish him better whatever it is.

He was injured and has been said that he has had that as well as health issues that club has been helping with.

I think Ron alluded to this before. He said he wasn't right to play and the club were helping him. I infer that it could possibly be mental health issue.

Brown never spoke about him, only Akinola. Felt like he was told not to talk about him to maybe protect ANG.

Wish him better whatever it is.
I wonder if this might be one where @StanleyVictorCollymore can help - and for all we know he may already be. If he is/does it’s something for behind closed doors anyway.

I also wish him all the best and we get to see him back on the field soon.

Very much do want to see him in a Southend shirt again, so much more to offer and unfinished work.

Does anyone know what's going on with ANG I was told by Craig Fagan he had mental health problems and wasn't available for selection!! Does anyone have an update? And does anyone know when tom clifford is back?

Does anyone know what's happens to ANG? Is he still at the club! Heard nothing from the club regarding him!

We have a very good reporter at this club. If there was anything to tell, we'd know. ANG isn't available for selection. Read between the lines and figure out this isn't a normal absentee and show the guy some privacy and respect.
Or a reporter could do his job and do some reporting

The job of a reporter covers knowing what not to report too.
Yep, a local reporter whose journalism has been diabolical for a decade would know not to report.

When was that last great interview you read from our esteemed local reporter where you really felt like you were learning something new or insightful you learned about a player or member of staff?

Or the last piece of news you discovered from the reporter that made any difference to your day?

There are rules and ethics in journalism - I would know, I've a degree in the subject and worked for major publications over the past decade. I'm not asking for an analysis of the specifics for why someone is unavailable, but it's fair for people to ask why nothing has been reported from the local reporter.

Yep, a local reporter whose journalism has been diabolical for a decade would know not to report.

When was that last great interview you read from our esteemed local reporter where you really felt like you were learning something new or insightful you learned about a player or member of staff?

Or the last piece of news you discovered from the reporter that made any difference to your day?

There are rules and ethics in journalism - I would know, I've a degree in the subject and worked for major publications over the past decade. I'm not asking for an analysis of the specifics for why someone is unavailable, but it's fair for people to ask why nothing has been reported from the local reporter.

What do you expect when talking to current players? With media training these days, you never get anything earth shattering from any interview from a player or member of coaching staff.

They all tow the “company” line. Note how everyone who has been interviewed since Dover praised the fans. Anyone interviewed about Chesterfield are saying how they feel like they owe them one etc.

I won’t go into ANG, I know some of what has/is going on behind the scenes about him and it’s not my place to say. Chris Phillips will know what’s going on, but might have been told to keep things under wraps. Or he might feel it’s best to keep it under wraps.

It’s not a coincidence that we had a manager who provided loads of sound bites to the press, but even he never mentioned ANG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back