• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Where is Ashley Nathaniel-George?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Im just erring on the side of Strike Force on this admittedly difficult question, It is of course a delicate balance. I do not need to know anything about ANGs private life, neither would I wish to , if it caused him and family the slightest bit of harm. Fans are not in the main asking for that

It is legitimate however if as Customers buying season tickets, to watch their squad and indirectly contributing to their wages to have some idea of whats going on injury wise

Mental Health is not shameful. It doesn't have to be swept under a carpet of strange suspicion. or fantasy. Otherwise thats just what it creates

If Clifford is recovering from an ankle injury its ok to know, so if ANG has a mental Health issue just confirm that, are that we are supporting him, are we paying his wages,, does he remain under contract ? I hope so, a few basics is not unreasonable or intrusive but not unreasonable for a fan to seek a few basic answers or an update to avoid speculation if nothing else?

We have been poor in keeping fans up to date on these matters in recent times, although I note a slight shift since ,we have been moaning about it on here, into a few more updates You dont need to go into great detail but at least confirm what the issue is and try to relate that to expectations ?

Actually Im just erring on the side of Strike Force on this admittedly difficult question, It is of course a delicate balance. I do not need to know anything about ANGs private life, neither would I wish to , if it caused him and family the slightest bit of harm. Fans are not in the main asking for that

It is legitimate however if as Customers buying season tickets, to watch their squad and indirectly contributing to their wages to have some idea of whats going on injury wise

Mental Health is not shameful. It doesn't have to be swept under a carpet of strange suspicion. or fantasy. Otherwise thats just what it creates

If Clifford is recovering from an ankle injury its ok to know, so if ANG has a mental Health issue just confirm that, are that we are supporting him, are we paying his wages,, does he remain under contract ? I hope so, a few basics is not unreasonable or intrusive but not unreasonable for a fan to seek a few basic answers or an update to avoid speculation if nothing else?

We have been poor in keeping fans up to date on these matters in recent times, although I note a slight shift since ,we have been moaning about it on here, into a few more updates You dont need to go into great detail but at least confirm what the issue is and try to relate that to expectations ?

ANG is still under contract, still being paid and is being fully supported by the Club.

I won’t confirm or deny anything that is going on with him, but the Club are fully behind him.

I don’t see why as a paying customer of the club, I have any rights to know of the health of one of their employees. We pay for our phones, internet and other things contributing to their wages of those workers but we’re not on the phone to them demanding to know the status of their health and well-being. Why should a footballer be any different. Private health maters are exactly that. Private.

I don’t see why as a paying customer of the club, I have any rights to know of the health of one of their employees. We pay for our phones, internet and other things contributing to their wages of those workers but we’re not on the phone to them demanding to know the status of their health and well-being. Why should a footballer be any different. Private health maters are exactly that. Private.
Fair point but equally does that mean we therefore we shouldn't know about any of the injuries, why does mental health have to be treated with exaggerated difference ?

Fair point but equally does that mean we therefore we shouldn't know about any of the injuries, why does mental health have to be treated with exaggerated difference ?
Rightly or wrongly, there is a stigma around mental health. People shouldn’t feel ashamed of it but they sometimes do and don’t want that information passed around publicly. If ANG was happy for whatever was happening to be made public then I’m sure we would have been made aware in some capacity. As it’s not, I have no right to demand it.

Physical injuries are much more public as they often occur in the public eye so everyone is aware most of them time. They also don’t carry any stigma so the players probably don’t mind everyone knowing.

I dont think people really want (or need) to know the details, more a case of wondering if and when he will be playing again, seems a reasonable question.

It never fails to amaze me that some on here believe they have a God given right to know personal information about people they have never met, and then share it on a public football board.

Oh well..... if i were in the mood - I am not - that could get me started on about how there was a lot of very damaging un-validated rumour stuff posted on here about a certain somebody by unknown sources (IN THE KNOW) that went on for weeks without anybody saying a word ..

And when I did say "steady on chaps you might get sued for defamation" I was banned ..

Its in past ................but students of journalism or online publishing who need to find something to write about for a dissertation it was sort of fascinating ..

Stokes was very much in the public eye The matter was handled very sensitively in the press

We knew he had mental health issues, It is different in that he was prepared to make a brief statement. HE was then helped presumably and largely left alone by the media.

It seemed well handled and now he is back
With Ang there has been the odd hint , causing more speculation is that good?

Injuries and illness are not the same thing. If a player has an illness (whether that is mental or otherwise) that they want kept out of the public domain we should respect that.

Agree re illness it is different to injury, people have a right to have some privacy over that.

With Injuries i never understand why managers are free with the info, surely letting people know wo is injured or not helps the opposition plan For the game.

Injuries and illness are not the same thing. If a player has an illness (whether that is mental or otherwise) that they want kept out of the public domain we should respect that.
Maybe not quite the same thing., I still felt ill when I broke my leg, then my nose , then obtained a hernia and other injuries through this wondrous game. After 4 months on crutches I fell down stairs and had to start the whole repair process again including a bone reset, I was out for a year, I got pretty depressed from the physical injury as many young players do

And I thought Trucking Shrimper made a strong point about the key issue of stigma as a current difference

It is a difficult question but How do you then deal with stigma or rumours as in the case of ANG ?

The best advice from Mental Health Authorities is to ENCOURAGE equality between Physical and Mental Health and ensure the latter is talked about more openly, and be honest about treatment

Or we can try to sweep it under the couple and ensure the stigma continues

Maybe not quite the same thing., I still felt ill when I broke my leg, then my nose , then obtained a hernia and other injuries through this wondrous game. After 4 months on crutches I fell down stairs and had to start the whole repair process again including a bone reset, I was out for a year, I got pretty depressed from the physical injury as many young players do

And I thought Trucking Shrimper made a strong point about the key issue of stigma as a current difference

It is a difficult question but How do you then deal with stigma or rumours as in the case of ANG ?

The best advice from Mental Health Authorities is to ENCOURAGE equality between Physical and Mental Health and ensure the latter is talked about more openly, and be honest about treatment

Sorry under the carpet not the couple !!

Ps I dont disagree with London Blue that if a player does not want it in the public arena then fair enough, if they feel that strongly of course that must be respected and protected

But a footballer like an ,MP is very much in the public eye

All I have suggested is a bit more clarity would have been helpful and maybe stopped a lot of speculation, and we have had some confirmation from Boy Wonder that ANG is still being paid, supported and on a contract with us,

I think the point is that he needs to be allowed to make decisions about whether or not personal matters involving him are made public or not. That obviously includes health matters that are not a direct result of playing matches or training.

Stokes was very much in the public eye The matter was handled very sensitively in the press

We knew he had mental health issues, It is different in that he was prepared to make a brief statement. HE was then helped presumably and largely left alone by the media.

It seemed well handled and now he is back
With Ang there has been the odd hint , causing more speculation is that good?
From someone who suffers for 40 + years, I can you it maybe well handled BUT never be back to his old self, the Black Dog comes in many forms, maybe media pressure, being away from home for long periods, or just a simple the skies are dark and no sunshine.
I lost my marriage after 36 years, donot want sympathy but it tells people who donot understand or live with sufferers how you are never back, oh jeez how we wish we were, but you learn to understand

ANG is very young and will take months maybe years before he can say I suffer, so lets show some respect and perhaps not comment on something we do not know or what's going on in his mind

Chris does a marvellous job in his way he campaigns for MH, as do many others, but please never think it goes away, the Black Dog can be brought to heel ,but it is never still

My love is running, been lucky to join a fantastic club who run for fun and it clears my mind, but I know its a short term solution, understanding your self and talking is the best option to survive, and ANG needs space and time and more important not abuse if he makes a come back either from terraces or forum

Sorry mods if you want to delete, but this comes from the heart and forums are great but also a poison that spreads, not everyone can see banter some see a bullying and if esteem low, the mind will work overtime to make it worse

Love n respect to all

UTS

By the way Barry C this is not a dig at your post

Agree re illness it is different to injury, people have a right to have some privacy over that.

With Injuries i never understand why managers are free with the info, surely letting people know wo is injured or not helps the opposition plan For the game.

Sometime managers do keep things like that to themselves. I also suspect that happens a lot more than we realise.

I'm not really sure what point you're making regarding your injury, although it was an interesting story. It, however, has absolutely no relevance here. Regardless of your views on whether something should be out in the open the fact that the club has decided not to comment must be down to an agreement between the club and the player, and the player's wishes are paramount.

Sometime managers do keep things like that to themselves. I also suspect that happens a lot more than we realise.
As it should, cant see why public ally say something or even answer a question re the team saying so an do is out, make the oppo think you have as full a squad as possible to chose from

Nice of Fagan to tell you that
Fagan did not tell him that. Shrimpet is a troll. Some posts are funny and he gets a reaction but making false claims about players mental health are damaging.

As for others demanding public updates.....They clearly don't know the first thing about mental health. Claiming your a'paying' customer so you have a right to know is utter b*****s of the highest order.

If people want to talk publicly then fine but I have just spent 24 hrs with someone who never was and never will be talking publicly.

His privacy is vital and a true fan would respect that for any player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back