• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which do you dislike more?

• Brown

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • League 2

Votes: 56 82.4%

• Total voters

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I have long since been saying that the management of the club needs changing. This has now been done to death, but what is clear is that Ron is sticking by his man. How this will pan out I'm not sure, but I would like to see some new faces and a change in fortunes.

What worries me more than Phil Brown is the very real threat of league 2 football.

With that in mind I'm going to stick with getting behind the team to try and encourage wins. I don't like anything about the current side and feel quite alienated from MY club but I'd hate more than anything for the club to drop into the basement division again. Especially with how long it took us to escape last time.

I won't support the management but I will get behind the side in the hope that we can turn things around quickly.

This might seem a given for some people but I am honest enough to admit that I have been guilty of almost wanting the team to get smashed just to see Brown go.

We are stick with him so it's up to us the fans to do our part and roar the team on as the 12th man. They need us at this moment. Save any jeering for after the final whistle.

C'mon on blues. Clean slate and all that.

League Two.

We may dislike Brown's style of management and his style of play but he is clearly going to be our manager for a while longer and it is vital that we play our part in keeping our side in League One by supporting the team strongly and loudly. We need seven more victories, let's start with beating the Cod Army today.

I cant believe how any supporter of our club would want to see the club relegated just to get Brown out. Seriously guys how long did it take last time to get back up to league 1 the thought of league 2 is just too depressing to think about..

I cant believe how any supporter of our club would want to see the club relegated just to get Brown out. Seriously guys how long did it take last time to get back up to league 1 the thought of league 2 is just too depressing to think about..

I never said anything about getting relegated. Just an individual hammering for a change which effects the greater good.

I never like the team to lose and even if we do, I can take that of the performance was a committed one.

I have found some if the spineless performances this season really hard to stomach.

I have long since been saying that the management of the club needs changing. This has now been done to death, but what is clear is that Ron is sticking by his man. How this will pan out I'm not sure, but I would like to see some new faces and a change in fortunes.

What worries me more than Phil Brown is the very real threat of league 2 football.

With that in mind I'm going to stick with getting behind the team to try and encourage wins. I don't like anything about the current side and feel quite alienated from MY club but I'd hate more than anything for the club to drop into the basement division again. Especially with how long it took us to escape last time.

I won't support the management but I will get behind the side in the hope that we can turn things around quickly.

This might seem a given for some people but I am honest enough to admit that I have been guilty of almost wanting the team to get smashed just to see Brown go.

We are stick with him so it's up to us the fans to do our part and roar the team on as the 12th man. They need us at this moment. Save any jeering for after the final whistle.

At least your honest but same as the others in your camp, its nothing anyone can't see a mile off anyway.

Its one thing not liking PB for all sorts of constructive football reasons, we all have our opinions. To the rest of us though, we know there has been a certain group who have had to stew in their own selfish anger for a number of seasons. Some of the nonsense in recent times says far more about certain posters as people.....Let alone fans.

We are a club with £10m of debt to its name. Not helped over the years by Sainsbury's or a pathetic council.....A quick walk down our once proud High Street tells its own sad story of inept failure.

We have a crumbling stadium that barely makes any money even on match days, mounts up debts through out the summer whilst our rivals have wedding receptions etc in theirs.

We aren't in the market for anyone's best player even if they are non league, yet the same people continually cry 'why'. As for 'another season wasted' because we won't get promoted.....Not only did it nearly end us last time the same people would be first out the door when we would be the relegation struggling 'tin pot' Championship club mocked by all in that league.

In the meantime and before I have to watch in a two thirds empty, soulless out of town stadium over at Fossetts, I will enjoy the Old Lady that is RH and a few beers with some of the finest, honest and loyal people I haver ever had the privilege to meet.....They are known as Shrimpers and they have shown true honour following their team. In a town that has to many traitors walking around in their PL shirts I class shrimpers as special.

For what its worth I don't think PB will be hear next season but nor should anyone want to see the club fail to prove a spiteful point....So on that note its time some of you stopped behaving like whinging Gunners or Hammers and realised that just like life if the more you put in the more it gives you back

well I quite like Phil with his flowery shirts and fake tan and his national profile. I also like the fact that he has made a reasonable silk purse out of a sow's ear. Grass is always greener for some people. It takes all sorts. That's what makes the world go round.

At least your honest but same as the others in your camp, its nothing anyone can't see a mile off anyway.

Its one thing not liking PB for all sorts of constructive football reasons, we all have our opinions. To the rest of us though, we know there has been a certain group who have had to stew in their own selfish anger for a number of seasons. Some of the nonsense in recent times says far more about certain posters as people.....Let alone fans.

We are a club with £10m of debt to its name. Not helped over the years by Sainsbury's or a pathetic council.....A quick walk down our once proud High Street tells its own sad story of inept failure.

We have a crumbling stadium that barely makes any money even on match days, mounts up debts through out the summer whilst our rivals have wedding receptions etc in theirs.

We aren't in the market for anyone's best player even if they are non league, yet the same people continually cry 'why'. As for 'another season wasted' because we won't get promoted.....Not only did it nearly end us last time the same people would be first out the door when we would be the relegation struggling 'tin pot' Championship club mocked by all in that league.

In the meantime and before I have to watch in a two thirds empty, soulless out of town stadium over at Fossetts, I will enjoy the Old Lady that is RH and a few beers with some of the finest, honest and loyal people I haver ever had the privilege to meet.....They are known as Shrimpers and they have shown true honour following their team. In a town that has to many traitors walking around in their PL shirts I class shrimpers as special.

For what its worth I don't think PB will be hear next season but nor should anyone want to see the club fail to prove a spiteful point....So on that note its time some of you stopped behaving like whinging Gunners or Hammers and realised that just like life if the more you put in the more it gives you back

Its a good few points that you make there Rigsby.

But as per usual you distort fact with fiction.

I don't care what other clubs are doing. I'm not sure where you are you going With the high street thing.

As fans we all want the club to succeed. You seem to feel that we should all be lucky to have a team to support and not have any real expectation of the club or the team.

I'm the opposite to your glass half empty.

We have a decent club. We have decent support. I'll agree that roots hall is crumbling , but like you I will miss the old girl when she is gone. I agree that lower league fans make better supporters than those of higher leagues, and take exception that I am shoe horned into a "whinging Arsenal or hammers" bracket.

The chairman and the manager identified the play offs as their realistic target at the start of the season. Not the fans and certainly not me.

That target has fallen short. The fans have stuck by the team in numbers and vocally all season. It's only in recent matches that they have started to criticise.

From your point of view that makes them less of a fan or supporter of the team.

Not from mine. Supporting the blues is not cheap.

The least the fans deserve is 100% commitment. That's all o have ever wanted. Win , lose or draw. I can take defeat if the team give their all.

I can honestly say that the team haven't in a large majority of games. And that simply isn't on. This has led to me and others I'm sure reducing our interest levels and vocally supporting the team.

I don't want a return to league two. I will give my vocal support from now until the end of the season in the hope that the team benefit from it.

Getting behind the team is vital, we cannot possibly risk going back down to L2 at this time.

Well Tommy sorry to disappoint you but my post was not aimed at you personally so I haven't distorted any facts.

By the way when my glass is half empty I neck it and shout up another one because I never let the 90 minutes of football spoil my day.

Can’t stand the idea of either but we’re in real danger of going back to League 2 with this muppet in charge. I’d obviously rather stay up and then just not renew his contract in the summer

When I was at Northampton last Saturday and said to my Cobblers supporting friends that Brown's position was looking precarious they said that they would have him as their manager in an instant and we could have Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank who "hasn't got a clue". I guess all supporters are the same, the grass is always greener on the other side of the hill etc......

Come on Brown (for Pete's sake), Come on Blues!!!!!

When I was at Northampton last Saturday and said to my Cobblers supporting friends that Brown's position was looking precarious they said that they would have him as their manager in an instant and we could have Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank who "hasn't got a clue". I guess all supporters are the same, the grass is always greener on the other side of the hill etc......

Come on Brown (for Pete's sake), Come on Blues!!!!!

We would just like our grass to stay on the pitch.

I actually enjoy watching League 2 football for a number of reasons, some of which of course also apply to League 1.

Opposition supporters are generally the real deal. People who could watch a nearby Premier League team but prefer to support their local club.

Opposition grounds are usually much more fun to visit and are often older grounds with character.

Generally no problem getting tickets.

We tend to win more often.

Provided that you are watching 2 relatively even teams then you generally get a good game.

We are more likely to win promotion or reach the play offs.

Ir’s important to remember that, since we were relegated in 1966, we have not spent more than 3 consecutive seasons in the third division and this season is shaping up to continue that record.

I hope we stay up mainly because of the financial problems that will come with relegation but either way I’ll be supporting today, tomorrow and next season.

I voted for a change for a number of reasons. But I can't get my head around people who want us to lose to get the manager the sack.....surely the most one eyed bigoted fans would rather the current manager was successful than we were unsuccessful to get rid of the manager...weird backwards logic that.
There is a big big difference between saying you want the manager gone if results don't improve and saying you don't want results to improve so the manager will be gone.
Is there anyone on here that would not take a miraculous turnaround with us winning every game from now until the end of the season and PB milking the plaudits on an open top bus in May? (as unlikely as that is!)

Poll added.

Not sure what this poll being added proves, but it suggests people are happier having PB manage us in League 1, than playing under someone else in League 2.

At least, I think that's what it means.

Bottom line is, the reason we are in League 1 is that PB was the manager who was in charge when we got out of League 2 and 93% of people prefer us to be in League 1, so it's a good pro-PB thread.

Like it! :thumbsup::cool:

Back