• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which fans are the more odious?

Which fans are the more odious? - SZ's litmus test of Luke's comments

• Manchester United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Pretty simple really. Luke said that "the majority of United's fans are to**ers". I disagree with him; indeed, his view merely cements my belief that Arsenal's fans are the most haughty, arrogant and odious fans in the nation.

What does SZ think? You decide, folks.

Matt

laugh.gif

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>.

Any help needed? Just think - who does MF support above Southend?</span>

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Also, it does need to be pointed out - only one club&#39;s &#39;supporters&#39; attend Southend games in full regalia - A*****l. Spurs, West Ham, Charlton, Southampton, ManUre have all been spotted by myself in abundance, but usually just a badge is shown.</span>

We have outright Ars Holes of course we do, every club in the land does including Southend ( as we know) however i do not believe Arsenal fans are particually bad.

Fair poll Matt.

Women at work is a Man Ure fan. Season ticket holder at Old Trafford goes to all the games home and away as well as all the European ones and she&#39;s well alright. So it&#39;s Arsenal then&#33;

Arsenal&#33;&#33; See too many of their kits at Roots Hall and most of my gloryhunting mates support them. They&#39;re arrogant and big-headed, and they always stick up for their team even though they&#39;re a bunch of cheats.
Although that Thierry Henry aint bad is he?
wink.gif

Man Ure fans are also gloryhunting muppets but they&#39;re not as arrogant.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Nov. 26 2003,16:19)]Arsenal&#33;&#33; See too many of their kits at Roots Hall and most of my gloryhunting mates support them. They&#39;re arrogant and big-headed, and they always stick up for their team even though they&#39;re a bunch of cheats.
Although that Thierry Henry aint bad is he?
wink.gif

Man Ure fans are also gloryhunting muppets but they&#39;re not as arrogant.
A nice, well-rounded, articulately put, argument as always Shrimpboy....

I have chosen to deliberately nullify my vote. Why? Becasue I have no grievance with just a particular set of fans. I have a grievance with 'fans' who laugh when I say I support Southend. I go to MY local club, and support them, regardless of their last results, and regardless of the division.

If a fan of a Premiership team comes up to me and laughs because I support Southend, I ask them when the last time they went to a game. I know that there are 'fans' of a variety of prem teams, who have been to more games involving other teams than their own, make no attempt to try and get tickets for their team, and yet claim to be true supporters. They are the 'fans'  personally I don't like.

P.S, Between Arsenal and Man U, both are as bad as each other.

P.P.S. My biggest bugbear are the people who I refer to above, when they refer to a Prem team as 'we.' Really ****es me off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Nov. 26 2003,16:57)]I know that there are &#39;fans&#39; of a variety of prem teams, who have been to more games involving other teams than their own,
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>In all fairness to the Premiersh*te, I&#39;d say I was a Southend United supporter, but have probably been to a good 5 times as many Spurs games...

The fact that I was paid has nothing to do with it...
wink.gif
</span>

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>That sentance made little sense, what I meant was that I have probably been to 5 times as many Spurs games than SU games...</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Nov. 26 2003,15:50)]Fair poll
How can one boy be wrong so many times?

Its not a fair poll, its a flawed poll.
MtS assumes that one is worse than the other. What choice is there between the devil and the deep blue sea?

Both are equally as odious and are as closely linked as manure and arses.

Shame on both.

Well i know quite a few arsenal supporters very well and i must admit they are very arrogrant to every other team bar themselfs e.g they all dispise Ruad.

But i must say arsenal supporters have less glory hunters. Most arsenal fans i know have good reasons why they support them compared to manu supporters who are nice but the majority just support them cos they are very good.

also arsenal supporters tend to have a better knowledge of football overall compared to manu fans.

But overall arsenal fans are the worse&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Blue @ Nov. 26 2003,17:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Nov. 26 2003,15:50)]Fair poll
How can one boy be wrong so many times?

Its not a fair poll, its a flawed poll.
MtS assumes that one is worse than the other. What choice is there between the devil and the deep blue sea?

Both are equally as odious and are as closely linked as manure and arses.

Shame on both.
Not necessarily, Matt. If you cannot choose between them, then the answer is &quot;neither&quot;, and then you don&#39;t vote&#33;

I was only interested in finding out whether SZ members thought one group of fans more odious than the other. Since you don&#39;t (because you find them equally odious), then I don&#39;t need to know your view on this, do I?&#33;

As it happens, I think Gooners are more odious, and it looks like more people agree with me than disagree. Marvellous.

Matt

Cant stand either dont support either in europe. Hate man u for everything that they stand for &amp; having so many fans who have never been to ot so only want (not support) the arse to win 2 games a season against the scum &#33;

Liverpool are my second team so by rights it has to be the Scum, hate them all especially the females who supported them because of Beckham&#33;&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Nov. 27 2003,16:23)]Liverpool are my second team so by rights it has to be the Scum, hate them all especially the females who supported them because of Beckham&#33;&#33;
Since when did David Beckham ever play for C*l U?

wink.gif

Back