• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Which players have the talent and commitment to save us from relegation ?

As frustrating as he seems, I think you have to weigh up how many goals his 'away days' actually COST us, against his ASSISTS and you'll find he is definately worth his place.

Yes, he's worth his place - no doubt about it. He made one of the crosses of the season away at Wycombe which got us a goal via JFC's bonce. Similarly, he did the biz against Cheltenham for Barney to get us a late winner .... pause, whilst wiping misty eyes at the thought of Barney and an away win ... all I was saying was that you can't actually rely on Franno's 'talent and commitment to save us from relegation' because probably even he doesn't know which Simon Francis will turn up.

We need a settled team, the last couple of months or so there has been so many changes.

Oh and don't play Laurent upfront please.

Funny how since he's been playing in the middle we've not won a game this year then isn't it? ;)

Yeah, because he's been the only variable in that and that has had nothing to do with the rest of the upheavals in the team.

Do you think we played better first half with Moussa in the middle, or second half once McCormack came on and Moussa was sidelined?

I think you could pick the names (and positions!) out of a hat and it wouldnt make a great deal of difference at the moment. Maybe we can scramble clear of relegation, but the last three months(even with Barney) would suggest otherwise! Time was we bought in 'class' loanees to make a difference, now they come in 'to fill a hole', with players like Malone keeping one of our 'up and comings' out of the side, you wouldnt even put him ahead of dear old Che Wilson.

So how many of this current squad WOULD get in above the Class of 2005/06?

We need a settled side, As individuals we have enough to get out of it, certain players need to up their game.

Settled side is the key.

FWIW, I think Tilly will now start with the same back 4 for the rest of the season (injuries / suspensions allowing). It's got the potential to do a good job, and to be fair on Saturday I thought we defended well (the goal aside). JFC did his job of protecting the back 4 very well, but we lost the plot when Macca came on because he played to deep and seemed intent on picking the ball up from the centre-backs rather than from JFC, which gave the Tranmere defence time to get organised. With Moussa in the middle he played a lot further forward than Macca, and also has the ability to run with the ball which commits defenders and opens space. So therefore we need Moussa/JFC as the CM's. Wide players we pick 2 from Laurent/Watt/Scannell and up front we have Vernon +1 (probably Spencer).

I think we need to write off the next two games, and if we get anything it's a bonus. I would expect us to be a lot better by the time we play Charlton though....

Am I the only one who thinks that very little of our team would be prepared to "give their everything" for a club not paying their wages on time?

Or am I missing something?

Half of them probably have one eye on the door in June. Southend may go down, but they probably wont be coming with us.

Forget the next three fixtures, they're all unwinnable. I'd be dancing in the streets if we get just one! The following 7 games is where we MUST pickup as many wins as possible against mid-table\lower table opposition

Funny how since he's been playing in the middle we've not won a game this year then isn't it? ;)

Weve not won a game with Macca in the middle this year either. Or a game with Vernon up front, or one with Barrett at left back, or Watt left wing or Laurent up front or Laurent out wide right, or in fact with any of the players in any position.

God you do talk some utter crap on here at times.

Weve not won a game with Macca in the middle this year either. Or a game with Vernon up front, or one with Barrett at left back, or Watt left wing or Laurent up front or Laurent out wide right, or in fact with any of the players in any position.

God you do talk some utter crap on here at times.

Oh, FFS what is the matter with people? Why is everyone so arsey? As he well knew, that was a light hearted pop at Yorkshire Blue so if you really think all I talk is crap then you know what to do then you won't have to endure it anymore.

Let's face it , we're all on here for the same reason (I hope !) which is supporting our beloved club.

This season has been a disaster financially and on the pitch. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so that should be respected.

I think we do have enough quality players to keep us up. The problem is with suspensions , injuries and loanees we've never fielded what I think is the best 11 on the pitch at the same time. We've had a threadbare squad for the majority of the season and only now do we appear to be getting cover across most areas of the team.

Yes Saturday was poor but we need to get behind Tilson and the squad. Too many are out of form but it will turn , there are plenty of teams worse than us !!

Forget the next three fixtures, they're all unwinnable. I'd be dancing in the streets if we get just one!

I disagree. Charlton did not look that special against us in December and we could have got something there if Barney hadn't dithered in the area in the first-half. I can see a lively atmosphere with The Ginger Judas' return and I reckon Roots Hall may get behind the lads for this one. Also, MKD shipped five on Saturday, so their confidence will be precarious too. Norwich ? They looked a bit wobbly at Brighton, so you never know ... but yes, that is one I would write off points wise. Still, get a few pints of Wherry in first and it's a different game. :)

Let's face it , we're all on here for the same reason (I hope !) which is supporting our beloved club.

This season has been a disaster financially and on the pitch. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so that should be respected.

I think we do have enough quality players to keep us up. The problem is with suspensions , injuries and loanees we've never fielded what I think is the best 11 on the pitch at the same time. We've had a threadbare squad for the majority of the season and only now do we appear to be getting cover across most areas of the team.

Yes Saturday was poor but we need to get behind Tilson and the squad. Too many are out of form but it will turn , there are plenty of teams worse than us !!

It's not this season that has been the disaster financially (I hope) but previous seasons.

I disagree. Charlton did not look that special against us in December and we could have got something there if Barney hadn't dithered in the area in the first-half. I can see a lively atmosphere with The Ginger Judas' return and I reckon Roots Hall may get behind the lads for this one. Also, MKD shipped five on Saturday, so their confidence will be precarious too. Norwich ? They looked a bit wobbly at Brighton, so you never know ... but yes, that is one I would write off points wise. Still, get a few pints of Wherry in first and it's a different game. :)

I want to believe....REALLY, I do :'(

Sorry Rob you won't see any SUFC wins on your travels this time.
I'd love to think we could get a point off Charlton but I'm not optimistic.:(

Am I the only one who thinks that very little of our team would be prepared to "give their everything" for a club not paying their wages on time?

Or am I missing something?

Half of them probably have one eye on the door in June. Southend may go down, but they probably wont be coming with us.

I understand what youa re saying , but that just shows how thick they must be , with low personal esteem
Lets turn that around. Do they stand a better chance of someone else noticing them and buying them if they are playing pants , or are putting in 100% despite what is going on ?

Back