• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which stand for you?

• Total voters

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
I've always watched Southend from the West Stand, from the days when it was standing only to now when you wish it still was. We don't manage all home games for various reasons so we aren't season ticket holders and thus have to book tickets each game we go to.

Last season against Bradford City Mrs RHB and I joined the SUFC elders and betters in the East Stand just to the right of the Directors Box to see what it was like. It was such a uplifting experience that we went straight back to the West for Fleetwood town.

Leaving aside Newcastle (West side again), we migrated to the South Upper for the Colchester friendly and Gillingham yesterday. I have to say that the view from the South Upper is absolutely brilliant, not a stanchion in our way either game. What we did struggle with is the serious lack of leg room and Mrs RHB found the 'close' feeling of a full South upper stand claustrophobic. So it's back to good old T block in the West Stand for the rest of the season. Anyone else done a bit of nomadic travelling through the stands, or do you always do what you've always done?

Yeah I've sat in most parts of all three home stands and the north when open. Personally, I would choose to sit in the south upper if I can get fairly central seats and at most 4-5 rows back. Otherwise I'll always go for the east as it's a better view for me, provided you pick carefully and don't get a pillar in the way!

Used to always stand in the West (until they put seats in).

These days I prefer the East Reds.As it happens, my parents used to have season tickets there until we were first relegated from the old third division in 65/6.

Used to quite like standing in the old South Bank too-in the days before the Chelsea cup game-when you could change ends at HT.

First season ticket in the East Blues, front row as was. Then, down to the Paddock with occasional forays onto the South. East yellows for a while, South Lower when first started bringing my son then into West family, then West, block U, which is where we are now. Been in the North for occasional games so have sat in each stand apart from South Upper. Leg room in both the East and South is an issue for me which is why we like the West where it's a lot more generous.

East Yellow for me, although glancing across on Saturday, South Lower towards the back looked plenty roomy...decent view :unsure: ?

We had our season tickets about 4 rows from the back over in the South West corner, meant you were very close to action in that area. Leg room was ok but then, it was never that packed down there. My dad's 6' 3" and leg room's always been very important to him!

Was in the West yesterday. Had a couple in each of the West and East last season. Hav'nt been in the North since 3 seasons ago, nor the South Upper for about 15 years. If I went there now I would probably break it !

I was raised in the east stand, and emigrated to the west stand about 16 years ago.

Have tried them all, prefer South Upper (used to have a season ticket there before my children came along) but I'm not overly fussy really. I tend to sit wherever my son wants to go theses days, and he seems to like South Lower or East.

I've always watched Southend from the West Stand, from the days when it was standing only to now when you wish it still was. We don't manage all home games for various reasons so we aren't season ticket holders and thus have to book tickets each game we go to.

Last season against Bradford City Mrs RHB and I joined the SUFC elders and betters in the East Stand just to the right of the Directors Box to see what it was like. It was such a uplifting experience that we went straight back to the West for Fleetwood town.

Leaving aside Newcastle (West side again), we migrated to the South Upper for the Colchester friendly and Gillingham yesterday. I have to say that the view from the South Upper is absolutely brilliant, not a stanchion in our way either game. What we did struggle with is the serious lack of leg room and Mrs RHB found the 'close' feeling of a full South upper stand claustrophobic. So it's back to good old T block in the West Stand for the rest of the season. Anyone else done a bit of nomadic travelling through the stands, or do you always do what you've always done?

I could probably guess, but what happened.

Has sat and stood in all parts of the ground.
Originally I stood in the paddocks (where the black seats are now), then and stood in the old South Stand the went onto the north but then found the West stand and I managed all this when it was still standing. Used to enjoy standing in the West and the crown would move along to which end we were shooting. Then sat for a short while in East Blacks before deciding on the seats in the West and block U is where I am happy these days. I find the leg room pretty good here and I like everyone that I sit around .

I first started with Southend standing in the old north bank, just to the left of the goal post. Then we got kicked out from there and started the new season in the South Upper for a few seasons or so, then sat a season in the east blacks, then went down to the south lower blue seats right at the back for a few seasons, or so, then moved over to the east stand Blue seats one row from the back, was there for quite a few seasons, or so.
Then children came along, and took Jnr to the east stand black seats when he was just 14 months, or so, in his pushchair, then i use to go as and when i could, but would sit the the west stand, somewhere in the middle, where ever their were spare seats. and at that time there was quite a few, done that for quite a few seasons, or so.
Now my kids are alot older, i stand with them in the west stand W block.

And that is my seating history of roots hall.

East Yellow for me, although glancing across on Saturday, South Lower towards the back looked plenty roomy...decent view :unsure: ?
I have two ST in south lower as I have a liking for behind the goal football, so if you pick the right row and be central no blocking of view and pretty easy to get away quickly after the game.

Middle of the South Upper for me. Used to sit in the family stand when I was younger to make the most of the discounts, but been in the South Upper for years now and definitely the best spot.

Great bunch of people around me too. Leg room isn't the best and can understand people feeling a little claustrophobic but you get used to it and nice to have no obstructions to your view and be on top of the goalmouth action.

Started in the West Stand, standing with my grandad
When I started going with school mates it was East, standing at the front - usually near to the players tunnel so we could get autographs,
Then North Bank for a number of years during the pub / raver years,
When the North became seated, and designated away fans we transitioned to the 'new' South stand,
Past 10 or so years it's always been West, seating - block U (so full circle...)

Last edited:
Back