• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

whither the consortium?

As I understood it, the consortium were only going to move in if the club was placed into administration as Ron had no interest in selling the club for a quid. As RM finally paid the taxman (albeit several months too late), I guess there is not much point in their further pursuit of the club.

We're not out of the water yet with RM steering the ship, so its a bit too early for "I told you so"

As I understood it, the consortium were only going to move in if the club was placed into administration as Ron had no interest in selling the club for a quid. As RM finally paid the taxman (albeit several months too late), I guess there is not much point in their further pursuit of the club.

We're not out of the water yet with RM steering the ship, so its a bit too early for "I told you so"

Who paid the taxman?

Who paid the taxman?

Ha, you make it sound like the HMRC bill arrived and he wrote the cheque and posted it out to them.....lol

These HMRC problems have dragged on for the past year causing many shrimpers a lot of anger, confusion, worry, bewilderment etc. Some fans have the memory of a goldfish.

Ha, you make it sound like the HMRC bill arrived and he wrote the cheque and posted it out to them.....lol

These HMRC problems have dragged on for the past year causing many shrimpers a lot of anger, confusion, worry, bewilderment etc. Some fans have the memory of a goldfish.

No i don't. My question was who paid the taxman? I'll give you a clue it wasn't Ron Martin.

Ron Martin has done what he needed to get the club on an even footing again.

Theres no need for him to now sell to the consortium so whether they would be a better option or not is now irrelevant.

Ron Martin has done what he needed to get the club on an even footing again.

Theres no need for him to now sell to the consortium so whether they would be a better option or not is now irrelevant.

I would agree with this statement

I guess my point is that it's not really fair for the thread author to be jumping into bed with RM and slating the consortium (who were apparently very wealthy) when nobody knows whether they could of done a better job of running the club than the current regime.

I would agree with this statement

I guess my point is that it's not really fair for the thread author to be jumping into bed with RM and slating the consortium (who were apparently very wealthy) when nobody knows whether they could of done a better job of running the club than the current regime.

I guess I'm not a fair person. The issue is "apparently very wealthy" - there was no actual proof of this, because they couldnt afford what Ron wanted. And even if they did buy SUFC, they would have had to start the development of FF, which is what they were after, from scratch again, as well as deal with Sainos. I'm guessing that their hearts weren't really in it, and after being given the blow-off from Ron first time round, they were waiting like vultures to see the club go into administration.

However, seeing as it didn't happen, this is all conjecture on everyone's behalf.

I guess I'm not a fair person. The issue is "apparently very wealthy" - there was no actual proof of this, because they couldnt afford what Ron wanted. And even if they did buy SUFC, they would have had to start the development of FF, which is what they were after, from scratch again, as well as deal with Sainos. I'm guessing that their hearts weren't really in it, and after being given the blow-off from Ron first time round, they were waiting like vultures to see the club go into administration.

However, seeing as it didn't happen, this is all conjecture on everyone's behalf.

Well apparently wealthy is better than skint, which is what Ron Martin is.

The consortium shouldnt be regarded as either saints nor sinners, if they had come in and sorted the club out we would all have been grateful, however there was no real chance of them buying the club for an amount that would have made it worth Ron Martins time.

Whatever else, I'm grateful that they were there as a safety net to step in if the worst were to happen.

Back