• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I really think Prosser and Egan should start together. The Czech kid done really well but I think Egan slightly edged it. If Prosser is fit you have to start him, if not for the leadership skills he has, the psychological confidence it would bring to the side knowing that before Prosser was injured we were on a great run and now he's back...
Totally agree as per my earlier post. Having Prosser back will lift the team (and us) before he has even kicked a ball. Not playing him if fit would be madness. I just don't see how this is a difficult decision for Brown

Bentley

White Prosser Sokolik Croker

Hurst Atkinson Leonard Timlin

Eastwood

Barnard

We need Prosser back for his leadership and motivational skills.

We may not be winning BUT we are drawing more than we are losing.
Thats besides the occasional nightmare from Daniel although some brillaint saves as well.

The problem is the midfield are not supporting the attack enough

Egan looks to be at least 1 level above Lg 2,and Sokolic(only seen once) more like 2 levels higher whereas Prosser though much improved this season would struggle badly at a higher level.Last 2 games our main(only?) source of danger has been Straker when Brown has had the modicum of good sense to have him on the pitch.

Egan looks to be at least 1 level above Lg 2,and Sokolic(only seen once) more like 2 levels higher whereas Prosser though much improved this season would struggle badly at a higher level.Last 2 games our main(only?) source of danger has been Straker when Brown has had the modicum of good sense to have him on the pitch.
prosser brings far more to the team than you are implying. I don't see how you can possibly be saying that sokolic should be in the premiership based on one match vs s crap attacking side

Last edited:
let's face it, in some ways it doesn't matter as we will struggle to score unless we get a loanee in to go upfront. Back 4 is solid.

Totally disagree.the 'prosser effect' will raise the entire team

It will certainly lift the team, but we weren't exactly on fire when he was playing last.

He is a centre half, on Saturday we had no issues in defence just in attack, he isn't going to contribute to that.

when will people learn not to big up new loanees after 1/2 games. youngsters making their league debuts/first few appearences get through on adrenaline. i find its best to judge on the next group of games as they are a much fairer reflection of the players long term ability. otherwise its just building up to knock them down when they cant consistently hit the hights they did on their debut etc.

White Egan Sokolik Prosser Then we have Coker wide left instead of Straker and Auger should be rewarded with a spot on the bench.

Prosser and Egan for me. Sokolik up top with the very hungry Jason Williams.

:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

Dont get it. Loan a defender and play him up front. Hmmn.

when will people learn not to big up new loanees after 1/2 games. youngsters making their league debuts/first few appearences get through on adrenaline. i find its best to judge on the next group of games as they are a much fairer reflection of the players long term ability. otherwise its just building up to knock them down when they cant consistently hit the hights they did on their debut etc.

Bury were hardly much of a threat either.

I liked the look of both of them on Saturday but lets see how they do under pressure.

Only on this site could it be proposed that loan defenders, who we have only seen for one game, should become forwards over night. If defenders up front were the answer PB would not be frantically searching for loan forwards. I despair at times. If Prosser is now fit then he has to start, for his leadership and enthusiasm if nothing else. Don't mind who partners him, but probably the Liverpool boy if forced to choose.

Prosser for me is a shoe in alongside Egan, with Sokolik coming on if fresh legs needed later for the head banded wonder.

The solidity of the defence on Saturday were the ONLY positives from that dreadful performance. To break that up would be a mistake. As much as i like + rate Luke , he should now wait his turn. Its the lack of attacking creativity in midfield that really needs to be tweaked.......

It will certainly lift the team, but we weren't exactly on fire when he was playing last.

He is a centre half, on Saturday we had no issues in defence just in attack, he isn't going to contribute to that.

Prossers last games was against Daqggers. At the time we were disappointed with the result, but this did follow daggers making a come back to draw 3-3 -with Scunthorpe.In other words our crap run has been preciously with He has not been playing. And he DOES contribute to the attack because sue he gives the players confidence. If you recall White was actually bombing forward at one point, that isn't happening now. But that wasn't my main thought. MY pain point is that I genuinely believe that he has a positive impact on most players through his presence, his leadership and his organisation skills. In summary I feel we are more likely to play well, and more likely to score if he is on the pitch

Prossers last games was against Daqggers. At the time we were disappointed with the result, but this did follow daggers making a come back to draw 3-3 -with Scunthorpe.In other words our crap run has been preciously with He has not been playing. And he DOES contribute to the attack because sue he gives the players confidence. If you recall White was actually bombing forward at one point, that isn't happening now. But that wasn't my main thought. MY pain point is that I genuinely believe that he has a positive impact on most players through his presence, his leadership and his organisation skills. In summary I feel we are more likely to play well, and more likely to score if he is on the pitch

Prosser played in the league games from 30th November to the Dagenham game on the 28th January when we only won 2 games in the 7 that he played in and failed to win in the other 5

Torquay L
ROchdale D
Accrington D
Plymouth D
Daggers D

Our form certainly has got worse since he left but it was already declining when he was in it.

Personally think people are assigning far too much to Prosser's absence, we have missed him certainly and will be a boost to get him back, but he isn't the reason our form fell away as it wasn't good since November.

To suggest the rest of the team feel that much more confident in his presence they were able to attack is giving him far too much credit as we weren't scoring many when he was in the side either.

The sooner he is back in the side the better but he isn't he missing link to our mediocre performances.

Dont worry about who should start at the back , Question should be who should start in attack, do we have anyone capable of doing the job PB asking and scoring goals .Or is it possible for the striker to score goals under the formation we are playing.Do we have anyone capable of passing the ball so the striker does have a chance mmmmmmmmmmmm
Go....the ....blues ! be nice to score 2 goals or more in a match occassionally.

I like the idea of 3 central defenders and attacking wing backs very much, I wonder if PB does?

Back