• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which Player has impressed you so far?

• Total voters

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
We have had a quite a big turn around in playing staff.

Who have you been most impressed with.

I am really pleased that phil brown rescued Ben coker from non league. I have really taken to him and i think he is a cracking signing. He reads the game so well and defends brilliantly and his passing his good and gets forward so well and his link up play with straker is a joy to watch.

I think he has the potential to be a one of the best left backs we have had since mulgrew hammell etc.

Special mentions go out to White atkinson and clifford who all looke the real deal and if we can get a quality pacy front man then i think promotion is a distinct possibility.

I think all the signings are decent (bar Reid, who hasnt really had a fair crack yet) and I take my hat off to Brown as I wasnt expecting him to pick up the sort of players he has.

If he can somehow snare Forte in the next few weeks, then I'd say its been a brilliant summer of recruitment.

I like how we are trying to play football this season and to that end, Atkinson is a great fit. Good feet and a good brain, plus likes to have a go and run at people from midfield.

White and Coker look solid too and I'd say that possibly Straker is a 'new signing' by Brown, given the confidence and belief he has given him.

But Atkinson is the pick for me at the mo.

Straker, completely different player now. Can only see him improving as he gets used to the position too.

Atkinson has been class, hard to see why Bradford would let him go, but think most people would agree that Straker has been like a new signing this season and has been one of the players who has impressed me most in the last few games, barely recognisable from the Straker of last season. Brown bringing Payne into the first team could be a master stroke too, he was fantastic last night and will only get better with confidence and experience.

I agree with the above posts. However im more excited to see how Jack Payne will develop. He has bags of skill, not afraid to take players on, good range of passing, reads the game well and not afraid to shoot. He needs to add more to his engine though but that will come with time and more training, you could see that after 60 minutes he was almost on his arse, but in fairness to the lad he puts him self about a hell of a lot.

I think we have the making of a fantastic player, who with the right coaching and guidence could very well grace the Premier League...

John White - adds a real air of confidence - not as attacking as Clohessy but looks the part

The fact that at 90 mins we were still passing the ball on the ground ,and th effort of the players.

Payne clearly looks like a much brighter prospect than Woodyard, good decision making regarding that one.

Coker, who I knew nothing about and White, who I did of the newbies. Both seem settled in nicely and to be doing a good job.

Straker and Leonard of our existing players, both are like new players.

I think apart from last nights result everything is really positive at Southend Utd .... all of the new signings look excellent , and i wouldnt be surprised if Craig Reid ends up being our 20 goal top scorer this season. He is a greedy goal poacher not afraid to shoot + i think he will link up alongside Corr very nicely. Brown has got us playing very attractive football i cant remember the last time we ever pinged the ball around so well , on the floor, with little triangles + superb running off the ball . Everytime our player had the ball we had options ( apart from early on when Reid was too isolated ).... bravo for everything on the pitch.

Despite my initial reluctance to accept the new management set up after the treatment Sturrock received , i have to say i m a big fan + the good quality of all of our new signings reflect that !

Its great to be a Shrimper again! whoop whoop ! :happy:

Atkinson is the pick for me so far, but only just as I think Coker looks a class act too. White is a safe and solid right back but I think we've been spoiled by having Clohessy for an attacking option for too long.

What worries me is the lack of cover at CB - we've lost Cressy and it looks like Barker must be off as he's not even been on the bench for the first two games. Reckon we're a bit vulnerable to injuries and suspensions in that area. Maybe PB has some loan deals in the pipeline that will only be activated when we need them which makes sense as they are time-limited.

You joke, but I though Fred played well on Saturday. I think he'll start on Saturday too.
dont think we have much choice in starting with eastwood eh, we dont have many match fit forwards to pick from, i just hope he gets a goal very soon.

Agreed, have a feeling that if Fred gets a goal soon he might go on to get quite a few this year. In answer to the original question, i've been very pleasantly surpised with them all, especially Coker and Straker.

all the new players have done well but white for me so far

Back