• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cresswell or Barrett

• Cresswell

Votes: 123 74.5%
  • Barrett

Votes: 42 25.5%

• Total voters
With the upcoming clash of the Thames Estuary Derby, it occurs to me that it will be a fine opportunity to compare the on bald goal scoring centre back with an ex bald goal scoring centre back. Who would you rather have?

To nail my colours to the mast, I truly believe that Cresswell is a better all round footballer and I am delighted and amazed Rotherham (or rather that squat criminal Manager Evans) did not want to keep him.
Barrett was a fine player for us, but was found out (as was others) at Championship level, but Cresswell could do better than League 2, of course with us.

Both equal in an attacking sense, but i feel that Cresswell is the better defender and makes better decisions

I never judge any defender on goals.

Defending Cresswell is better than Barrett who I loved, yet too many games he had to resort to octopus arms to handle bigger attackers.

cresswell for me i believe he good enough for championship i really do

Cresswell is great for us now but I think some people have short memories as Barrett was one of the key players who took us up to the championship

cresswell for me i believe he good enough for championship i really do

Just don't see it myself.

Cresswell for me but, much as I loved and currently enjoy what they've brought to our respective teams, I think League 1 would be the highest level for their capabilities. Good players, loved/love having them at Southend but, for me, neither of them have ever been or would ever be Championship material.

With the upcoming clash of the Thames Estuary Derby, it occurs to me that it will be a fine opportunity to compare the on bald goal scoring centre back with an ex bald goal scoring centre back. Who would you rather have?

To nail my colours to the mast, I truly believe that Cresswell is a better all round footballer and I am delighted and amazed Rotherham (or rather that squat criminal Manager Evans) did not want to keep him.
Barrett was a fine player for us, but was found out (as was others) at Championship level, but Cresswell could do better than League 2, of course with us.

What are you trying to do, give AB even more of an incentive to prove a point? He lives in the town for God's sake and no doubt reads SZ. If you are going to start a thread like this do it after the match ffs.

What are you trying to do, give AB even more of an incentive to prove a point? He lives in the town for God's sake and no doubt reads SZ. If you are going to start a thread like this do it after the match ffs.
Lol, yes, he still lives not far from us! Loved Adam to bits while he was here, be interesting to see how his legs are holding up in comparison to Cressy. I always say Cressy is like Adam on steroids....he's just a bit broader and a bit taller and I think, a bit stronger! Both excellent players, and still failing to understand how the fat **** at Rotherham let Cressy go!

I thought Barrett had a good game today,he certainly knows how too get away with his grappling tactics! Still a very good centre back at this level.

I hate to say this but a past it Barrett was way better than Cresswell today. Not comparing him to the old Barrett who ripped through this division. How such short memories have been proved such wrong!

Yorkshire Blue care to air your opinion? Didnt we have 4 better center backs last season in your opinion?

I hate to say this but a past it Barrett was way better than Cresswell today. Not comparing him to the old Barrett who ripped through this division. How such short memories have been proved such wrong!

Yorkshire Blue care to air your opinion? Didnt we have 4 better center backs last season in your opinion?

Personally thought that Adams best season with us was the 2004-05 one, when he scored double figure goals (mostly headers), and covered every inch of the pitch in the LDV final against Wrexham. (And was also unlucky not to score with a diving header).

Back