• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who remembers that mad steward?

KrustyTheKray

President
He was quite tall with glasses and used to patrol the east stand. He used to shout all kinds of nonsense outside the ground!

Once i remember him shouting at a tv outside currys or radio rentals in southend high street, swearing like a trooper claiming he had £500 on us getting a goaless draw
biggrin.gif

The last time i see him was at Braintree v Canvey (the day Canvey missed out on getting into the conference.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ July 21 2006,08:43)]...outside currys or radio rentals in southend high street.
I think he was a bit Radio Rental!!

I expect people will now bring up all the other old Stewards.....Jocky Wilson and the 'Child Molester' (the whole North Bank used to sing 'You dirty child molester' every time he walked round the pitch.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ July 21 2006,09:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ July 21 2006,08:43)]...outside currys or radio rentals in southend high street.
I think he was a bit Radio Rental!!

I expect people will now bring up all the other old Stewards.....Jocky Wilson and the 'Child Molester' (the whole North Bank used to sing 'You dirty child molester' every time he walked round the pitch.
laugh.gif

Do you remember the chap in the west stand, he was a steward in block s or t. He was a dead ringer for Mike from the young ones!

Are you talking about the fella who also supported Spurs and legged it onto the pitch to have a ago at a line 'cause some people told him he was an Arsenal fan, I think it was a Tuesday night game. His name eludes me...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ July 21 2006,09:39)]I expect people will now bring up all the other old Stewards.....Jocky Wilson
Oh yes! "Jocky, give us a wave, Jocky Jocky give us a wave" and when he did - "you fat bar steward!"

I also remember the skinhead who used to wander around the perimeter selling - or rather intimidating people into buying - raffle tickets! "Skin 'ed, skin 'ed"!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ljubljana Branch @ July 21 2006,11:08)]Are you talking about the fella who also supported Spurs and legged it onto the pitch to have a ago at a line 'cause some people told him he was an Arsenal fan, I think it was a Tuesday night game.  His name eludes me...
No that wasn't him but i remember the guy your on about!

He went on the pitch and tried to attack the linesman during a league cup game.

He got a banning order i think. I last see him in a pub at Brentford when we played them in the LDV area final.

This same chap your on about put a hamburger bun on his head and a carrier bag round his ears at Brighton away (priestfield ground share days).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ July 21 2006,11:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ July 21 2006,09:39)]I expect people will now bring up all the other old Stewards.....Jocky Wilson
Oh yes! "Jocky, give us a wave, Jocky Jocky give us a wave" and when he did - "you fat bar steward!"

I also remember the skinhead who used to wander around the perimeter selling - or rather intimidating people into buying - raffle tickets! "Skin 'ed, skin 'ed"!!!
Good ol' Jocky.
If bringing up old stewards who can forget "Muppet" - what a legend he was....
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rayleigh_Blue @ July 21 2006,11:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ July 21 2006,11:19)]
[b said:

Good ol' Jocky.
If bringing up old stewards who can forget "Muppet" - what a legend he was....  
laugh.gif
Memories - Jocky Wilson!

Would Muppet be the same one a.k.a Bungle?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ July 21 2006,11:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ljubljana Branch @ July 21 2006,11:08)]Are you talking about the fella who also supported Spurs and legged it onto the pitch to have a ago at a line 'cause some people told him he was an Arsenal fan, I think it was a Tuesday night game.  His name eludes me...
No that wasn't him but i remember the guy your on about!

He went on the pitch and tried to attack the linesman during a league cup game.

He got a banning order i think.  I last see him in a pub at Brentford when we played them in the LDV area final.

This same chap your on about put a hamburger bun on his head and a carrier bag round his ears at Brighton away (priestfield ground share days).
Thats him.

Whats his name, Smuffo or something...?

I remember back in the early ninties, leading a chant of "Vic Jobson's Private Army" to the gormless yellow coat brigade.

Whilst we are reminiscing, i recall an old boy in the 60's and 70's "Program and handbook" was all I heard him say for about 4 years, then it becam "program and lotree ticket" untill he retired.

Also the people with the "cinema icecream seller" style trays selling Sweets and Crisps .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sao Paulo Shrimper @ July 21 2006,22:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 21 2006,20:57)]BUNGLE!
Legend that man, especially with the sweatbands on each wrist and the NHS specs, Jack Duckworth style.
biggrin.gif
and a thoroughly nice chap to go with it, although he wasn't exactly blessed with brains

i used to play football with him, and another regular poster on here (who may wish to remain anonymous) when i was quite a bit younger - like his intellect, he wasn't gifted with skills, but he was harmless all the same

Al

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zulu_shrimper @ July 21 2006,21:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sao Paulo Shrimper @ July 21 2006,22:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 21 2006,20:57)]BUNGLE!
Legend that man, especially with the sweatbands on each wrist and the NHS specs, Jack Duckworth style.
biggrin.gif
and a thoroughly nice chap to go with it, although he wasn't exactly blessed with brains

i used to play football with him, and another regular poster on here (who may wish to remain anonymous) when i was quite a bit younger - like his intellect, he wasn't gifted with skills, but he was harmless all the same

Al
I saw Bungle the other day...... all spruced up in a camoflage jacket and with the same spec's as always!

The SKin - ed one selling raffle tickets is also still about, though unfortunately (or not) he's often seen in a West Scum shirt. When i used to work at Barking, he was forever coming thru really pumped up and giving it on his way to Upton Park.

Back