• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It has to be someone proven at this level no big names who are starting out like Sol none of that ****... Or the likes of tilson and Barrett club legends are legends for a reason they stay that way we don't want another Powell incident... As others have said Phil Parkinson is and would be a good shout.

You can’t keep using Powell as a reason not to go for legendary ex-players as manager. For every Chris Powell I raise you Paul Clark and Steve Tilson.

No way Tilson or Barrett, don’t ruin their legacy.

Parkinson would cost a lot, and tbh I don’t want an ex Colchester manager in charge

Rowett - Too expensive

Cotteril - Crap

Appleton - Recently taken WBA U23s

Remind me how many ex Colchester players we currently have in our squad. I really don’t see why this matters.

You can’t keep using Powell as a reason not to go for legendary ex-players as manager. For every Chris Powell I raise you Paul Clark and Steve Tilson.
I understand your view point, I'm just not in the opinion that they can save the sicking ship.

We are on such poor form I think we get a bounce whoever takes over. Could we get Adkins or Parkinson? They would be very safe bets in our position. Appleton or Campbell would do for me too.

John White. That’s it I think

You’re right. I thought it was more than that for some reason.

In recent years though we’ve had Ant Wordsworth who was welcomed.

It really doesn’t bother me that Parky has managed them in the past, that was a long time ago. Right now he is the best man for the job.

On what basis ?

Does he have any coaching qualifications?

We’ve just gone 5 league games and a 6th game losing with Bond.

We need someone who knows how to steady the ship, motivate the team and get us out of this rut!

Parkinson 1st choice... more than happy to get Adkins (more realistic)

Does he have any coaching qualifications?

We’ve just gone 5 league games and a 6th game losing with Bond.

We need someone who knows how to steady the ship, motivate the team and get us out of this rut!

a) Not sure. Is it mandatory these days ?
b) I know. That's why we need to change. Ideally to somebody who can sort out the defence.
c) We've tried experienced managers and have very little funds. Could JW steady the ship ?
Just a thought !

Back