• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Parkinson, Rowett or Nathan Jones (once sacked by Stoke).

Happy with Barrett or Tilly to come back as part of a coaching set up under one of those.

Whoever takes it does not have a bad squad to work from - to be fair to Bond he's signed some excellent players - and it's a good job for someone.

No way Tilson or Barrett, don’t ruin their legacy.

Parkinson would cost a lot, and tbh I don’t want an ex Colchester manager in charge

Rowett - Too expensive

Cotteril - Crap

Appleton - Recently taken WBA U23s

Powell legacy isn’t ruined. Still my favourite ever player. Get Barrett in, he has fantastic managerial qualities and is a born leader and Southend through and through. He will want to manage us, it is inevitable just a question of when and the timing just feels right for me.

I want a legacy created and a chance for him to do what Tilly and Brush did. He will need an experienced number 2 to lean on.

a) Not sure. Is it mandatory these days ?
b) I know. That's why we need to change. Ideally to somebody who can sort out the defence.
c) We've tried experienced managers and have very little funds. Could JW steady the ship ?
Just a thought !
A) yes. So he couldn’t get the job anyway unless he has his coaching badges which I don’t think he does.
B) And you think someone who is a part of that defence is the one to fix it?
C) Kevin Bond isn’t an experienced manager.

Barrett for me. He’s everything that Bond isn’t. Forget club legend status, this guy has passion and desire and this will feed through to the players. If the team represent the manager on the pitch then this will do for me. I’m sure we could find an experienced man to work alongside him

Barrett for me. He’s everything that Bond isn’t. Forget club legend status, this guy has passion and desire and this will feed through to the players. If the team represent the manager on the pitch then this will do for me. I’m sure we could find an experienced man to work alongside him

OBL

Mick Mccarthy not known for pretty football but knows the loan system and we need that now

i'm sure Ron could open his wallet and tempt him, just dangle the two games against Ipswich in front of him lol

Paul Clarke assisted by Steve Tillson, cut both of them in half and you'll see S.U.F.C running right through the middle. What have we got to lose?

Paul Clarke assisted by Steve Tillson, cut both of them in half and you'll see S.U.F.C running right through the middle. What have we got to lose?

They won't manage as well if you cut them in half. Managers aren't like worms you know.

No way Tilson or Barrett, don’t ruin their legacy.

Parkinson would cost a lot, and tbh I don’t want an ex Colchester manager in charge

Rowett - Too expensive

Cotteril - Crap

Appleton - Recently taken WBA U23s

Isn't that a bit short sighted? They might be the best man for the job.

are you gonna finish that sentence?

That appointment would get some media attention.
ok, so my reasoning is:

1. Hope Powell is extremely qualified as a coach and manager
2. We don't need someone in the 'mens game' because we have a solid squad and limited time to recruit. Powell's experience will garner respect
3. Ron loves some press attention and we could do with a reason to get people interested in the club.
4. The alternatives are a bit meh
5. Anyone called 'Powell' deserves a chance

Back