• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a sneaking feeling that we might end up with AB and Milligan, I'm not sure it's the best option but most successful managerial appointments are a little uninspiring at first.

Personally, if we are going for Barrett, and I hope we are, he really needs to pick his own assistant. Whether that’s Tilson, Milligan or whoever, he has to make that decision himself and not have a Waddock, Todorov, Milligan or Tilson forced upon him.

He needs his own coaching staff in place, same for whoever the new man is. Tilson & Brush was a perfect combination, and Tilson picked Brush, hats how it should be. Yes it will be more expensive to get rid of Waddock & Todorov if Barrett or the new man doesn’t want them, but that’s what needs to be done.

Personally, if we are going for Barrett, and I hope we are, he really needs to pick his own assistant. Whether that’s Tilson, Milligan or whoever, he has to make that decision himself and not have a Waddock, Todorov, Milligan or Tilson forced upon him.

He needs his own coaching staff in place, same for whoever the new man is. Tilson & Brush was a perfect combination, and Tilson picked Brush, hats how it should be. Yes it will be more expensive to get rid of Waddock & Todorov if Barrett or the new man doesn’t want them, but that’s what needs to be done.
Waddock & Toderov might just be on standard employment contracts, too much assumption on this board about the contracts. Bond obviously didn't have a water tight contract or he wouldn't have walked away. Don't under estimate our cunning fox of a chairman.

Waddock & Toderov might just be on standard employment contracts, too much assumption on this board about the contracts. Bond obviously didn't have a water tight contract or he wouldn't have walked away. Don't under estimate our cunning fox of a chairman.

I’m not assuming anything, all I’m saying is our new manager needs to be able to recruit his own backroom staff, and not just “fit” into the current structure we have in place.

Like all SUFC fans I know we don't have a pot to **** in but it looks like the rest of the football world knows it too.This lenghty wait to appoint a new manager is just getting embarrasing now.

Still only two days to go until the poll closes. :Winking:

Last edited:
Like all SUFC fans I know we don't have a pot to **** in but it looks like the rest of the football world knows it too.This lenghty wait to appoint a new manager is just getting embarrasing now.

I'd rather wait than rush into a Kevin Bond, Steve Bruce or Ole Gunnar Solskjaer type appointment.

Southend might be quite an attractive option for someone like Ainsworth who is both confident of his own ability to motivate players and has championship ambitions.

Surely that would rule out taking job at Southend United then.

The last thing Ron could have expected was to have to receive Bond's immediate resignation on his return. I would rather muddle on for a short while, to ensure the right appointment is made.

Whoever gets the job has his hands tied until January, so could be a long 3 months until then.

Ryan Leonard hasn't been replaced, our one box to box midfielder has been sold and not replaced. We have no physical presence up front until Hopper returns. No wingers and no style of play that suits the current playing staff. when you think about it the list is probably endless.

We all need to be patient.

I heard Stephen Constantine on Talk Sport yesterday. Very experienced coach, was Indian National and Under-23 Head Coach from 2015 to 2019. Now back in England and looking for a job.
https://stephenconstantine.com/

He's also coached teams like Nepal, Malawi, Nea Salamis, Rwanda and a few more that aren't impressive. We've just gone down the coach route. We need a Manager that is not only tactically aware of what is needed in Division One, but also knows the other teams, the way they play and the players. That last bit is also crucial regarding possible signings. So Stephen Constantine and the likes just don't tick enough boxes. That's why a Phil Parkinson type would be the best choice.

Anybody that gives a shyte and has a modicum of footballing nous , had enough of these roundabout NAME managers they still keep getting jobs because they used to be good at it , let's get somebody in with fresh ideas , i don't mind losing to a better team if we give it a good go , but this lot under Bond seem clueless and devoid of any spirit or on field leadership .

If i had to chose from that list i'd probably go for Sol Cambell , but i'd love to see somebody plucked from thin air nobody had ever heard of absolutely take on the job and smash it , obviously all fans want the same a successful team to follow but to keep chasing these managers that get the sack from other clubs for lack of results is frankly ridiculous .

Whoever comes in has a big old job on his hands as this lot of players look stale , devoid of confidence .

Anybody that gives a shyte and has a modicum of footballing nous , had enough of these roundabout NAME managers they still keep getting jobs because they used to be good at it , let's get somebody in with fresh ideas , i don't mind losing to a better team if we give it a good go , but this lot under Bond seem clueless and devoid of any spirit or on field leadership .

If i had to chose from that list i'd probably go for Sol Cambell , but i'd love to see somebody plucked from thin air nobody had ever heard of absolutely take on the job and smash it , obviously all fans want the same a successful team to follow but to keep chasing these managers that get the sack from other clubs for lack of results is frankly ridiculous .

Whoever comes in has a big old job on his hands as this lot of players look stale , devoid of confidence .
Isn't that what we got with Bond ?

Nobody predicted him coming in when CP was sacked.

He had new ideas and that's what has cost us 6 out 6 losses.

We need a safe pair of hands at the moment surely ?

A safe pair of hands? What exactly does that mean, we're already so far behind the rest of the league being safe just won't cut it.

We need to be bold, fresh ideas, new tactics, different training regimes, we need the players to want to play for the shirt they should be proud to wear, it's too late to be safe, that boat has sailed, the players look scared of their own shadow at the moment, the club need to be fearless and quickly.

Obviously this is just my opinion and I fully understand if Tony Pullis is our next manager :).

Careful what you wish for.

A safe pair of hands? What exactly does that mean, we're already so far behind the rest of the league being safe just won't cut it.

We need to be bold, fresh ideas, new tactics, different training regimes, we need the players to want to play for the shirt they should be proud to wear, it's too late to be safe, that boat has sailed, the players look scared of their own shadow at the moment, the club need to be fearless and quickly.

Obviously this is just my opinion and I fully understand if Tony Pullis is our next manager :).

Careful what you wish for.

it wouldn't be pretty but Pullis knows how to get a team together. And yes, I know it will never happen

Back