• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ainsworth is an ex Lincoln player, think if he is going anywhere it is there.

Getting well bored of this now.

Roots Hall's Brexit - lots of hot air, no substance, nothing happening, and the fear that the final choice will be a naff one (Milligan/Waddock combo) that won't solve anything

Adam and Tilly want the job as a combo, yes there are risks but this has a lot more going for it than the other options seemingly out there

Sort it in time for Sat Ron
Understand what your saying Andy and agree with Ad and Tilly,
However at a Suepa event last season in the Shrimpers bar I was sat next to Clarkey and Glen Pennyfather who both analysed the game in detail.
Although both working for BBC Essex may be happy?but seemed very passionate and good mates with each other.
If I was Ron I would be looking at this, If they want it? would be anybody guess.

Understand what your saying Andy and agree with Ad and Tilly,
However at a Suepa event last season in the Shrimpers bar I was sat next to Clarkey and Glen Pennyfather who both analysed the game in detail.
Although both working for BBC Essex may be happy?but seemed very passionate and good mates with each other.
If I was Ron I would be looking at this, If they want it? would be anybody guess.

Agree, they talk a lot of sense and I've already said to more than one person that I think they could have a role to play - not as managers tho as I'm not sure either would be up for it but why doesn't whoever gets the hot seat have a once a week pow wow with them to get their advice?

Of course, he has no baggage and will be cheap. I can't understand why people are so against him, Tilson had shown zero management skills before he was appointed caretaker.

I also think maybe Milligan has realised that Lg1 is a step too far at his age physically, you can see he has the brain but the legs can't keep up.

Personally I think it would be a good appointment.

Wasn't Tilson head of our centre of excellence for three years, then reserve team coach for a season under Rob Newman, and a youth team coach for Wignall?

Sounds a pretty good apprenticeship to me before he was appointed caretaker manager.

Milligan, seriously, has been awful in every performance I have seen, has shown zero leadership qualities. Has no coaching experience whatsoever, no affiliation with the club, other than coming here as an inept player....would be the most underwhelming appointment ever.

He can’t lead the team as a captain, let alone as a manager!
No one not even Barrett could captain this shower off ****e,the whole squad needs sorting out ,what Milligan has in his favour is that he know knows the ones to get rid off to get us back as a family club again and playing decent football, him and barrett i would go for also him and CAMPBELL WITH mILLIGAN AS ASSISTANT .

Ainsworth is an ex Lincoln player, think if he is going anywhere it is there.

Perhaps. But Gareth Ainsworth has been based in the south for many years and a move to Southend could be personally less disruptive in terms of location than one to Lincoln. I have a feeling Ainsworth has a bit of a soft spot for Southend. And he is a great manager!

I am also struck by Ainsworth's comments after Southend's 4-3 defeat at Wycombe. He basically said Southend would turn things around soon. That of course did not happen under Kevin Bond, but I think reading between the lines Ainsworth was really saying Southend's squad was much better than its current league position suggests. If that is the case, Southend might be quite an attractive option for someone like Ainsworth who is both confident of his own ability to motivate players and has championship ambitions.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be adverse to Ainsworth at all, I do think we need someone with genuine experience at this level.

I just don't think Ron is going to rush into anything here, not expecting a new manager announcement before the weekend, just confirmation that Waddock is acting as caretaker.

Back