• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Won't be a popular move
It will if we win 3-0 on Saturday...it's all us fans should really care about, and not about a manager showing passion, having an orange tint to their skin or wearing clothes that are a crime to fashion:Smile2:

I think our lack of fitness dates back to Penney's departure and it's gradually gone downhill from there but wasn't there a fitness coach who left. What was the story behind that?

Dave Penney left long before we set foot in L1. Where our fitness improved.

Jamie Douglas is a strength and conditioning coach who played for Southend rugby club......A good lad who worked for me on a building site to help fund his way through uni. He started with an intern with Fulham and looked after their under 18's.

He was delighted to land a job with Southend and I can tell you for a fact turned down more lucrative work in the world of F1 and tennis whilst with us.....Spurs were also sniffing around.

Jamie certainly put himself out to try and get the best from Ranger doing extra one to one sessions on a Saturday before driving to the away game. In order to try and make up for Rangers lack of prison exercise excuse.

When the players and staff were more together and doing activities in the afternoons etc then there was a much better team spirit......Which PB was very big on. They were his ideas and the odd player who didn't buy into it were soon on their way.

As for why Jamie left I don't know because its not my business. Just like I never asked PB about gossip. He did at times ask me my opinion on certain subjects.....Would the fans turn on him if we lost at Morecambe, dealing with Ranger and some other things that I don't want twisted on here including AB.

Last edited:
Perhaps Sol Campbell is Ron's preferred choice? Still reckon it will probably be someone nobody has mentioned yet.

Haha, someone already on the pay-roll.
Of course, he has no baggage and will be cheap. I can't understand why people are so against him, Tilson had shown zero management skills before he was appointed caretaker.

I also think maybe Milligan has realised that Lg1 is a step too far at his age physically, you can see he has the brain but the legs can't keep up.

Personally I think it would be a good appointment.

Of course, he has no baggage and will be cheap. I can't understand why people are so against him, Tilson had shown zero management skills before he was appointed caretaker.

I also think maybe Milligan has realised that Lg1 is a step too far at his age physically, you can see he has the brain but the legs can't keep up.

Personally I think it would be a good appointment.

He could come good yes, but the guy's experience of L1 football (well, English football) stretches to just six games. He really would be a risky appointment. I suppose Ron might favour the caretaker approach and see how things pan out.

Tilly was player of the millennium and Mark has captained a team to zero league wins.

Mark Milligan could well turn out to be Ron's choice. It could be a successful move. In his favour Mark has a wealth of experience in Club and International football, he has been deemed worthy of being captain for both club and country which means that various managers have had faith in his leadership skills. A bonus is that he knows the current squad and their personalities and attitudes. I would be quite happy to see him appointed.

A wealth of experience at club and country may be misleading.

A certain Bobby Moore had a wealth of experience at club and country. and had worked under some of the best managers in his era. Didn't do us any good though.

Milligan is a big risk, sure he knows the squad, coming in with no points on the board and very first managerial position, for me it would need an experienced Assistant and someone he has already worked with.

A Milligan and Barrett partnership would be a definite no for me. If that came to pass and it really clicked I would be the first to hold my hand up and say I was wrong.

Back