• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
An open question who do we actually think is available and actually wants to come that is better than HL- I hear lots of names that are fantasy picks but who do we hand on heart think is realistic?

Adam Barrett

Surely if AB was coming then it would have happened by now. Or if he was coming but there was a hold up for some reason why would HL be in the stand?.......Certainly cant be for the entertainment.

Surely if AB was coming then it would have happened by now. Or if he was coming but there was a hold up for some reason why would HL be in the stand?.......Certainly cant be for the entertainment.
I agree, he's not coming. RM implied as much in his statement a few weeks back.

I've just taken a look at Mr Larsson's wiki. page. I'm afraid both the description of his time as manager at three Swedish clubs and his records there suggest it would be an appointment made solely on his reputation as a player.

Ron not wanted to make a change due to the costs involved but he must now act, if his choice is H.L. that will be another big mistake.and we will be looking again by season end.Why he not approached Barrett I do not understand.

Listening to waddock yesterday he seems resigned to not being given the job.

So it would seem that a new managerial appointment will happen sooner rather than later.

Whoever gets the job deserves our backing. They will certainly need it with this shower of ****.

Ron not wanted to make a change due to the costs involved but he must now act, if his choice is H.L. that will be another big mistake.and we will be looking again by season end.Why he not approached Barrett I do not understand.

Haven’t we tried this whole ex-player thing before? How did that work out? I love AB as a player - his commitment to this club is undoubted however I really do not want to see his reputation tarnished by managing the current bunch of lazy, clueless, spineless idiots. He deserves better than that.

You must not judge Barret on the basis that other players have not succeeded.it is because of his knowledge of the club and connection with the fan base that he can bring some pride back to the hole place.and this would reflect in on pitch performance.

Why he not approached Barrett I do not understand.

I guess its because he is being promised some kind of investment (or making a judgement that a big name like HL will attract lots of interest in the club) if he goes in a different direction with the appointment or because we can't afford to pay the release clause (if one exists) for AB. It will be down to money (and that's not necessarily a criticism, we all make decisions based on what we can afford or hope to generate in the future)

I wouldn't be surprised if the only person who has actually been interviewed for the job is HL. I think that Ron's preferred solution is that GW turns things around, while HL brings a spotlight on the club (in a rerun of the Stan Collymore episode from 2003) but that doesn't look likely at this point. GW is right though, the indecision is not helping right now.

I don’t think Ron will be trying to recruit Larsson based on his wiki/management record alone, if it was that simple he’d have appointed the most qualified applicant on paper. When I recruit (absolutely not football managers!) the best applicant on paper is usually the worst in interviews.

Ron would appear to have a recruitment process he is going through and just maybe Larsson is the one saying all the right things about our situation and squad? I suspect though he has been honest and told Ron that it will take some investment to sort out and Ron is determined to convince him it won’t take as much as he’s suggesting, because Ron possibly believes he has invested in this squad and is convinced it should be almost ‘good enough’.

He also possibly thinks it just needs the right man with the right appetite to be given an opportunity to prove themself to get the absolute best out of this squad? I know nothing about what is going on but that would be my take on it. If Ron can convince Larsson I expect he’ll be appointed this week, if he can’t then I’m sure he wasn’t the ‘right man for the job’.

The fact that he is a big name undoubtedly helps Ron’s decision, more media attention for sure under our new name ‘Henrik Larsson’s Southend’ in the same way Derby County were Frank Lampard’s Derby last season.

I honestly think whoever comes in or we keep Waddock in charge the task of keeping us up is massive now.I think as people have said the midfield is as poor as I have seen at Roots Hall.We are fortunate that in theory we only have to finish above two teams to stay up but I think that's beyond us currently.

Interestingly, Steve Lovell has appeared as favourite in one of the betting lists, relegating Larsson to second favourite. I looked up a photo of him and I think he could have been with Ron yesterday. i could easily be wrong mind.

I've just taken a look at Mr Larsson's wiki. page. I'm afraid both the description of his time as manager at three Swedish clubs and his records there suggest it would be an appointment made solely on his reputation as a player.

As per my earlier post that wiki page talks about how how he kept odds on favourites to finish bottom in the Swedish premiership? Yet elsewhere it is Steve Lovell somehow should be considered because he kept Gillingham up- presumably despite the rest of his underwhelming record?
The problem is if we all focus on just the part of a managerial career that supports our pre desired argument it doesn’t really get us anywhere.
I still haven’t heard a viable alternative to HL that we know is available, wants the job, and overall (not selected highlights) is likely to be better? That the real world challenge Ron has..

Please no ex gillingham manager but we need an appointment quickly we are we have some big games coming up

If Mr RM really wanted to get the supporters on side how about he prepares a short list of candidates (and according to reports in paper etc he has been inundated with people interested).
He interviews them.
Then the board interviews and draws up a list of about three he would like and then...................................asks the supporters to vote on the final three.
As I say just a thought ?

Tomorrow has got to be the day the new manager gets announced. RM can’t keep leaving this it’s not good for anyone.

Back