• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who went swimming in the sea at Sundeland???

Aberdeen Shrimper

On Saturday morning me and Mrs Aberdeen Shrimper went for a walk on the beach at Sunderland before the match and saw 4 or 5 lads walking down to the beach and as they passed me i could have sworn that they and Essex accents.

We walked along the concrete pier and watched as 2 of the lads went for a dip, it was around 10.0am and ferking freezing so if it was any of you then hats of to you, you must have frozen your nads off.

I have a few long distance pics if you do know who they were.

Lol, I thought you and the missus would be in your element.... going to Sunderland must of been a tropical holiday for those north of the border :)

On Saturday morning me and Mrs Aberdeen Shrimper went for a walk on the beach at Sunderland before the match and saw 4 or 5 lads walking down to the beach and as they passed me i could have sworn that they and Essex accents.

We walked along the concrete pier and watched as 2 of the lads went for a dip, it was around 10.0am and ferking freezing so if it was any of you then hats of to you, you must have frozen your nads off.

I have a few long distance pics if you do know who they were.

I went up to Warkworth on the Northumberland coast and met a guy of 73 years who goes swimming in the sea every day! He'd just been in the sea and stated he walks 20 miles most days. Stated he wouldn't have a car or central heating!
Although he was from the North East he once taught in South Ockendon in the sixties - small world.

They've just replaced pipes and water pumps. The Beaches have a Blue Flag, so they must be ok mate. I wouldn't go in though. It's f****ing freezing any time of the year. You'd probably need a Survival Suit off the Rigs to be in there more than 20 minutes. :hilarious:

Back