• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who would you get rid of completely

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Purely Hypothetical, If you had the opportunity to bomb a player(s) out on loan or permenatly, who would it be and why?

I'll start with Freedman and JFC. We've got players who can play their roles and be more effective than they can.

Oh yeah, let's try and keep this thread peaceful shall we, therefore no abuse.

so basically we have to come up with someone who has to go, even if we're happy with the quality in our bare-bones squad and would rather add to it?

It's not that complicated is it? Alright, to make it a bit easier for you in particular, i'll do it like this...

Pubey, is there anyone in our current squad, you'd like to get rid of, if you could? If the answer is no, then there's no need to answer, or try and come up with an answer

Hope i cleared it up for you

It's not that complicated is it? Alright, to make it a bit easier for you in particular, i'll do it like this...

Pubey, is there anyone in our current squad, you'd like to get rid of, if you could? If the answer is no, then there's no need to answer, or try and come up with an answer

Hope i cleared it up for you

cheers.

and my answer is currently no... there is no one I'd want to just get rid of, I think everyone in our squad adds value and that we would be weaker if ceteris paribus we got rid of one. However I'd have taken the £200k for Macca on the proviso that it goes straight back into buying two wingers.

Well assuming I had a free reign and we had time cash to replace them the players that add very little in my book are as follows

Scannell - Never fit and never does anything
Sankofa - Defender that cant defend
Joyce - Happy to sit on bench and no chanllenge for Milldy
Betsy - Like him but think his heart is in it
Revell - Useless

And I would want a serious heart to heart with

Freedman - Mixed on him - Shows some class but never looks like scoring anymore
Friend - Seen nothing to make me think he is any good.
O'Donovan - Not seen him do anything in past two games
Milldy - Sorry but jury still out for me.

Ahh, that's why i said hypothetically

So hypothetically, we could have a much, much bigger squad. Now I'm wondering, are the hypothetical players worse, the same or better than what we have? I don't know whether the hypothetical players should go, a mix of them and the real players, or all of the real players due to the fact all hypothetical players are better and there's enough of them to make a hypothetical squad of its own.

I've confused myself.

This is a rubbish thread get rid of it! Support the club!

What makes it rubbish exactly? IMO it's no more rubbish than the "play-off" threads that appeared after the first few games of the season. But i didn't jump on it saying "it's rubbish, get rid of it".

Are we not allowed to discuss these topics then, in case they get labelled 'negative'?

How about a creative response, like, i wouldn't get rid of such and such for this reason...", instead of the token, "i don't agree with it, get rid of it".

Everyone on this board supports the club (in their own way), and has their own views on what they would like to see happen etc..

Afterall, i thought this was the place to discuss all topics (whether they be positive or negative) about our club

Back