• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why are there only two black football managers?

From Martin Samuel in The Daily Mail:

"Now here is a very good place to start with the Rooney Rule: Africa.

In the last two World Cups, there have been 12 African or Caribbean countries, employing just two black or native managers.

Rabah Saadane of Algeria in 2010 and Luis Oliveira Goncalves of Angola in 2006 are the only men of colour to coach a black side on the biggest world stage in recent years.

The rest (South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Trinidad and Tobago, Togo and Tunisia) have opted for three Frenchmen, two Serbs, two Swedes, a Brazilian, a Dutchman and a German. And all white.

So either African football federations are full of racists, too, or the lack of advancement of black coaches is a more complex issue than it would at first seem."

On a similar theme, why are there so few English footballers of Asian origin? I know they like their Cricket but don't they play sport in the winter?

A point I was going to make, the only ones I can really think of are Michael Chopra & Ricky Heppollette (in the 70's).

Another point is that the Guvnor that **** Ince was fast tracked to do his badges when appointed at Blackburn. He was promptly booted out, and as far as I know he still hasn't done them. He's exactly the mealy mouthed little **** that will complain about racism, when in fact he's the one at fault.

Baichung Bhutia played for Bury at around the turn of the century.

Was he Indian or Thai? There's been plenty of Oriental (Koreans, Japanese, Chinese etc) players but not many of say Pakistani or Indian origin.
Personal information
Full name Baichung Bhutia
Date of birth 15 December 1976 (1976-12-15) (age 34)
Place of birth Tinkitam, Sikkim, India
Height 1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)
Playing position Striker

Back