• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why do people find it necessary to sl*g us off?

Our next regular in this column is Ron Martin and the Jamie Oliver club of Southend United. One can only marvel at how a Chairman of a football club can make it a positive that it has been effectively taken over by Salisbury’s, that it took numerous trips to the High Court to pay off HMRC debts and even though they still have another winding-up order next week they trumpet all this. Then it gets worse, because despite all this and two successive relegation’s the local Supporters Trust spends its time praising Ron Martin! Sometimes maybe some supporters get what they deserve; enjoy your trip to Chelmsford City next season!

Last edited:
This tosspot always seems to have it in for us.

This bit: "Then it gets worse, because despite all this and two successive relegation’s the local Supporters Trust spends its time praising Ron Martin! Sometimes maybe some supporters get what they deserve; enjoy your trip to Chelmsford City next season!" Is a bit rich coming from a Leeds ****.

This bit: "Then it gets worse, because despite all this and two successive relegation’s the local Supporters Trust spends its time praising Ron Martin! Sometimes maybe some supporters get what they deserve; enjoy your trip to Chelmsford City next season!" Is a bit rich coming from a Leeds ****.

Exactly, because Ken Bates isn't really the biggest, most cantankerous, walking cheesy helmet on the face of any given planet in the solar system.....I HAAAATE him with a passion!!!!! And as for their fans......

My rule in life as with anything.....I ask myself do I really care what x person thinks. In this case No. So **** him.

Bit rich coming from a Leeds fan anyway considering the way in which they financially collapsed....

Written by a northerner, for other northerners to read, as they huddle round candles eating some of Betty's Hotpot, whilst taking turns to bath in the metal tub in the middle of the room, eagerly awaiting daddy's return from either (as the songs say); (A) the pub, where he's had 10 pints and is completely plastered, or (B) he's been looking in dustbins for something to eat.

Considering the dealings and history that Bates has on the running of Leeds, and the ridsale years, people in glass houses as they say

As DtS and GBJ have already stated, who gives a **** what some northern monkey thinks about us, and by asking why they 'find it necessary to slag us off', the author of this thread comes across as a bit whiney.

As we are just on a forum, then spelling and punctuation are not so important. But if your writing a column in a newspaper or on web site like that One, then surely you should check your work and also use spell check.

SALISBURY'S? :unsure:

As far as I'm aware Salisbury's went bankrupt some time ago, and used to sell handbags anyway! Get your facts right you Leeds supporting no mark!

Not sure that's a spell check, that's just a complete **** up!

Yeah, you're right there, spell check wouldn't have picked up on that One, but even more reason to check his own work.

By the way OBL, I have noticed that you are now using the language of the common man more often now, and getting lots of ************. Nothing wrong with it by the way, carry on.
Is it all these years mixing with Shrimpers, or do you have a new bloke that swears a lot?

my reply to him

Clarkeonenil
Having read the Southend Article it made me wonder how accurate your other articles are. Sensational reporting might look entertaining , but in reality it is cheap INACCURATE drivel.
On the basis that you can not be bothered to do your research properly I won't bother to explain where you are wrong- as frankly I would be very surprised if you cared

Yeah, you're right there, spell check wouldn't have picked up on that One, but even more reason to check his own work.

By the way OBL, I have noticed that you are now using the language of the common man more often now, and getting lots of ************. Nothing wrong with it by the way, carry on.
Is it all these years mixing with Shrimpers, or do you have a new bloke that swears a lot?

No, it's just that too many people on here don't understand when I use ordinary language, and the level of intelligence required to understand the more offensive is not so high ;)

my reply to him

Clarkeonenil
Having read the Southend Article it made me wonder how accurate your other articles are. Sensational reporting might look entertaining , but in reality it is cheap INACCURATE drivel.
On the basis that you can not be bothered to do your research properly I won't bother to explain where you are wrong- as frankly I would be very surprised if you cared

The ting is, he doesn't care. Look at his initial article at the time of the first huge HMRC winding up order. He got his facts totally wrong so MtS took the time to provide him with detailed background to where he had gone wrong. He just resorted to puerile bluffing to get out of that one.

I suspect that is part of the reason why he writes such crass half-truths is so his inbox fills up with people wanting to point out the inaccuracies.

As DtS and GBJ have already stated, who gives a **** what some northern monkey thinks about us, and by asking why they 'find it necessary to slag us off', the author of this thread comes across as a bit whiney.

Why do I sound "a bit whiney"? because I am upset that some n*bhead has used paper talk as his basis to write an article partially about us?

Or are you just try to prompt some kind of reaction from your insult?

Then it gets worse, because despite all this and two successive relegation’s the local Supporters Trust spends its time praising Ron Martin!

Agree 100% with this. That may not make me popular on here, but there you go.

Back