• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agree with this apart from the Barney thing( sorry),Lee had plenty of huff and puff but IMO did little else(apart from the pen and his volley).

Would like to see Corr and Loza as the front pairing and would have loved to see Williams get the last 15 .

Williams and loza wouldnt work....need pace yes but also need some brains alongside. Barney made so many selfless runs last night thus dragging defenders opening up space for loza to exploit. ...not always about one type of player

Williams and loza wouldnt work....need pace yes but also need some brains alongside. Barney made so many selfless runs last night thus dragging defenders opening up space for loza to exploit. ...not always about one type of player

Williams needs pitch time at this level and last night offered the ideal scenario for him with the game sewn up.Remember at some point young Loza will be recalled and we will be back to square 1 with no pace up front,After all Phil is meant to be building for the future I thought?

The telly gives an amazing insight in who plays well and Lee IMO at the moment looks like a player struggling to find form,He was ok but nothing special again IMO.

It was having two players who were happy to run at the defence as well, that's something that's not in Corr's locker at all.

Indeed, Corr is good but he certainly can't do the running of two players.

Also the pitch was in far better condition than it has been of late.

I really wish people would get off the Corr bandwagon. We have had him rammed down our throats for ages. The 'best player to lead the line'. Perhaps at 4-5-1 and still made the side ineffective but at 4-4-2 we showed emphatically that we can do very nicely without him.

Barney did well and if Loza had a tad more experience the positions Barney took up would have been goal opportunities if the pass had come in.

I personally believe freddy would have really enjoyed being alongside Loza last night.

As for Corr, when he plays we always want to find him with the ball which would take away from the amount of times last night we looked to pick out Loza and would detract from Loza's effectiveness.

Main point being we were shown how good we can be at 4-4-2 with the right personnel. If you want to keep lauding Corr then help yourselves but for me he is in the Sturrock/dinosaur mode that has had its day at our level of football which has progressed immensely in the last decade.

I bet it reminded Barney of having Theo Robinson alongside him. Pace, power, control, the boy was mustard, different gravy.

I really wish people would get off the Corr bandwagon. We have had him rammed down our throats for ages. The 'best player to lead the line'. Perhaps at 4-5-1 and still made the side ineffective but at 4-4-2 we showed emphatically that we can do very nicely without him.

Barney did well and if Loza had a tad more experience the positions Barney took up would have been goal opportunities if the pass had come in.

I personally believe freddy would have really enjoyed being alongside Loza last night.

As for Corr, when he plays we always want to find him with the ball which would take away from the amount of times last night we looked to pick out Loza and would detract from Loza's effectiveness.

Main point being we were shown how good we can be at 4-4-2 with the right personnel. If you want to keep lauding Corr then help yourselves but for me he is in the Sturrock/dinosaur mode that has had its day at our level of football which has progressed immensely in the last decade.

Corr gives you different options and will win balls for Loza to run onto that Barnard wouldn't win. Oxford couldnt deal with Loza yesterday, other teams may well handle him better and if we can have a different plan then that cant be a bad thing.

We got to the automatic places with Corr leading the line in a 451. Have a little bit of respect for what he offers.

He went off the boil just like most of our team did - and the change to a pacey 442 was a good move. However Corr is still an important player for us (442 or 451) and I fully expect we'll see the 451 at times this season when we want to be a bit tighter.

While Oxford were poor last night there were still several nervy moments when we were far too open and they could easily have got a couple of goals. 451 might stiffle our attacking threat a little but we've got 7 games to go and there will be matches against teams far better than Oxford.

I bet it reminded Barney of having Theo Robinson alongside him. Pace, power, control, the boy was mustard, different gravy.

I'd also throw in a salad dressing.

Having pace up front creates space for everyone else because the defence can't afford to get close. However, having a target man, and someone with pace is also great. Barney and Corr would both relish playing alongside someone like Loza.

That's exactly what I thought. People were saying Britt but Loza really reminds me of Robinson, and that period where he was terrorising defences (and Barney was giving away cheap free-kicks for being a little over-enthusiastic!):smile:

Corr gives you different options and will win balls for Loza to run onto that Barnard wouldn't win. Oxford couldnt deal with Loza yesterday, other teams may well handle him better and if we can have a different plan then that cant be a bad thing.

Shock! jam Man defending Corr. Sorry fella but your argument is self defeating. I dont want Corr to win balls for loza. you dont need a middle man. It is perfectly clear that if you play to Loza with his pace and energy he will get to more balls than Corr. Why complicate it?

I have a theory, despite being fine young upstanding athletes, our heroes could possibly be impressionable and egotistical. Our great run effectively ended when they put everything into beating Hull, in a high-profile match. Unfortunately they came up short and were more than deflated thereafter. Last night they were back in the spotlight (live on Sky) and transformed themselves. As I said, just a theory.
p.s. - I am so lovin' our Czechy at the back I lumped on us to win to nil yesterday (9/4). I can predict many more clean sheets between now and the end of the season.

Despite there only being 2 years between them, I'm really hoping Williams can learn lots off Loza, as they're quite similar players from what I can see. If we can get Williams ready for when Loza returns to Norwich, hopefully he can step up and fill that role so we can continue with this system and style of play.

IMO thhe only reason that PB does, and I might at times, have BBBC anywhere near the team ..is that we have few options. Overall BBBC does not hurt opponents enough. Bit of a jack of all trades...

Just one full game and a few minutes in Bristol shows that Loza offers 10 x more. Barney looked better alongside the lad too.

Back