• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why sign another striker?

I dont understand why another striker has come in? That makes it 7 strikers now. Surely if we were looking to improve the squad, a central midfielder should be top of the list?

I know Tilson says he doesnt panic buy but I do feel in a way that bringing in Paynter for £200,000 and now Harrold for an undisclosed fee smacks of desperation to me as Ricketts is apparently injured.

Fred, Ricketts, Paynter, Bradbury, Lawson, Hooper, Harold

ah yes, 7.

smile.gif

just like the old freddy/freddie problem, please realise that it is spelt "Harrold", just before you get it printed on the back of your shirt!

I hate to say it but someone is so why not let it be be me, Tilly preparing for life without Eastwood.

Que the outbreak of jcrcr's an idiot posts.

Midfielders : Cole, JCR, Gower,Smith, Gutts, Maher

So we have more strikers than midfielders!

I know two of our strikers can play in midfield, but not really a balanced looking squad at the moment.

However I dont see Lawson or Hooper as 1st team choices really, and from what Yeovil fans are saying Harrold is also one for the future, so maybe that leaves us with really only four competing for the 1st team ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jcrcr @ Aug. 31 2006,23:21)]I hate to say it but someone is so why not let it be be me, Tilly preparing for life without Eastwood.

By signing Harrold?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jcrcr @ Aug. 31 2006,23:21)]I hate to say it but someone is so why not let it be be me, Tilly preparing for life without Eastwood.

In fairness, you wouldn't replace Eastwood with Harrold. It'd be someone with a better goalscoring record presumably.

Of course, maybe we were just checking the fax machine worked this time.....

ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Aug. 31 2006,23:21)]However I dont see Lawson or Hooper as 1st team choices really, and from what Yeovil fans are saying Harrold is also one for the future, so maybe that leaves us with really only four competing for the 1st team ?
Its all well and good having promising players who are "one for the future" but they need to play first team games to get better and players like Lawson,Hooper and Harrold are not going to get many first team games when you've got Eastwood, Ricketts, Paynter and Bradbury all fit so whats the point?

Strange one eh? Doesnt seem like that long ago we were bemoaning the lack of striking options (prob cos it wasnt that long ago!).

He's hardly set the world alight in Leagues 1 and 2, so cannot see what the idea is of signing him to a 3 year deal in the CCC. Only comparison on that score tho is Gutts who was struggling at Cambridge and looks at home now.

Hmmmm... gonna take some convincing Tilly!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Aug. 31 2006,23:26)]Its all well and good having promising players who are "one for the future" but they need to play first team games to get better and players like Lawson,Hooper and Harrold are not going to get many first team games when you've got Eastwood, Ricketts, Paynter and Bradbury all fit so whats the point?
Dont ask me, Im baffled.

If I was seeing lots of positive comments coming from Yeovil Id be a little more assured but the majority seem tobe glad he has gone and flabbergasted he has moved up a division.

Back