• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why the hell can't you smoke at the

"GK said that some issues had arisen over smoking at the ground. He said that it was recently estimated that up to 350 people were flouting the ground rules by smoking at the back of the West stand. He said that smokers would be warned at the next home game and at the game after that, those found smoking would be asked to leave. He added that LO had been abused by a guest in one of the executive boxes after she had asked them to stop smoking! He added that the box holders had apologised to LO and the club"

How does that hurt anyone? Why should you have to go for 3 hours without a cigerette? Not that thats a problem but I just don't understand why you can't smoke there!?

Because it's a non-smoking stadium.

I dont smoke and am not anti-smoking and i DO think that people should be able to smoke round the back of the stand, but as things stand it's a no-no at the moment and i dont think the club will change on that.

tbh i have no problem if u want to kill yourself smoking but i dont want to be subjected to it in the stands. i thought it was a good move to make RH a non-smoking stadium. However, i think that a segregated area should/could be made available to those who want to smoke

Smoking in the stands is a no no, OK. But at the back of the stand, where no one but Smokers really venture whats the problem with that??

When you mean back of the stand, do you mean where the refreshment area is or outside the stand itself where u walk in from the turnstiles?

I would agree with outside the stand in the west, where the little kids play footie...! I don't agree with it inside the stand where the smoke could blow right across a whole block.

It is a no smoking stadium, if you're at the back of the stand, you're still in the stadium, so why should a different rule apply?
rock.gif

I don't see a problem with people smoking at the back of the West. Mind you I didn't mind people smoking during the game and I'm a non smoker.

In the East, the stairs by the Bar seems always filled with people Smoking and nothing ever gets done. When the rule was first implemented they did get sent away, but now it seems as if they've just given up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ARSE!! @ April 23 2006,20:01)]if i cant have my bottle top you cant have a fag
Take a spare bottle top in with you. Always carry one and have a chuckle when the lid is removed knowing that a spare one is in my pocket (usually at away games as we never get bags checked at Roots Hall).

Lets face it coins are more of an offensive weapon if thrown, they never take those off you. (Mind you I think it was Arsenal fans that had coins taken from them when entering the Stadio Del Alpi in Turin, but when buying food from the catering outlets were then given change in coins
laugh.gif
).

As for smoking it has been stated that when the No Smoking ban relating to the serving of food comes into force, every football ground will have to be no smoking as they all have food outlets within a certain confined area (or something along those lines). Southend along with quite a few pubs, cafes etc are just bringing these rules in early.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ April 23 2006,20:10)]In the East, the stairs by the Bar seems always filled with people Smoking and nothing ever gets done. When the rule was first implemented they did get sent away, but now it seems as if they've just given up.
Have you been in the East Stand bogs at half time it's like a smoke screen in there. (have only been in the Gents mind you!). Better atmosphere in the bogs as well
biggrin.gif

Back