• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

there's a lot of clamour for kids, especially Williams and Layne to get involved. personally i think it's far, far too early to write the season off and/or get the kids in.
i was loudly ranting to my mate at work about people saying to bring the kids in coz they can't be any worse. he smiled and reminded me that he's a Fulham fan. it can be so much worse.
we've played 7 and won 2. that ain't great by anybody's standards BUT as has been posted time and again we have been in worse positions than this and got promotion and that is the key. we have been in better positions and done worse, it can all change and has done in the past. that's my point

there's a lot of clamour for kids, especially Williams and Layne to get involved. personally i think it's far, far too early to write the season off and/or get the kids in.
i was loudly ranting to my mate at work about people saying to bring the kids in coz they can't be any worse. he smiled and reminded me that he's a Fulham fan. it can be so much worse.
we've played 7 and won 2. that ain't great by anybody's standards BUT as has been posted time and again we have been in worse positions than this and got promotion and that is the key. we have been in better positions and done worse, it can all change and has done in the past. that's my point

In which case there is no point in having any posts until the end of the season

Brown gets accused of not backing youth now?

1. we played the back of last season with Egan and Sokolik at centre half.
  2. we binned off Philips (mistake) because he wanted to go with youth.
  3. we've got Leonard and Clifford as our first choice pair in the middle.

Can't believe I'm defending PB by the way.

Going back to the original thread question, i believe it is simply because certain people only see the negative in pretty much everything. I do wonder if it crosses over into their everyday life away from football, very destructive i feel.

hardly, just saying we don't need to go overboard coz there's time for stuff to change. if we lose the next 5 we're looking worse, if we win em we ain't getting promoted there and then

I'd say if we can't get at least 4 points from the next two home games, we're going to struggle to be in the play offs let alone get in the top 3, unless we can get a good loan striker in,pronto.

Going back to the original thread question, i believe it is simply because certain people only see the negative in pretty much everything. I do wonder if it crosses over into their everyday life away from football, very destructive i feel.

Some will see things as all good which is great whilst other's will tell it differently yet without any opinion on anything it would be so tedious and boring!

For the record I think we will win the league with 98 points and delighted fans praise top scorer Barney who bagged 44 with Corr hitting 33 not forgetting Shaq who only managed 25 but now back at Spurs and finished prem top scorer smashing in 50.

I think its the original thread question that is misleading. There has been reaction, some positive and some negative, but I cant quite see where there has been any major overreaction.

Some that have commented and appear to be negative are merely saying what they see. Highlighting a shortfall is not necessarily negative but can indeed be a constructive point of view. The performances are not perfect so there will be bits and bobs put under scrutiny and commented on. That's life and that's certainly football.

Back