• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Another red card for the team and a three nil defeat, another not so good afternoon. Reports and ratings here.

:stunned::stunned::stunned::stunned: All I can say is that things aren't going as expected :sad:

Time for a new manager. The calamity that is Robinson starting instead of Cox? Oh dear.

Get things in perspective. Only FIVE points from a play off place . The same number of points that 3rd place Bradford are from an automatic promotion place.

No centre backs, two suspensions and an away "defence" that has conceded 20 in 7 games. Yep - optimism for sure!

I will be interested to hear from those that were there, but from an iFollow view I thought Nile had a far better game than he has of late. He never gave up chasing and pressing for the whole time he was on the pitch. Lenny and JW didn't look comfortable together at the back, but again they kept plugging away. The red for McGlashan was easy for the ref and from that point we were always chasing the game through lack of numbers. Up until then I thought we competed well. After the first goal everyone kept their heads up, and although we didn't look dangerous in front of goal we did keep trying. Goals number 2 and 3 were easy for them as they got round the back of our defence and side footers in were the outcome. I would need to see their second again but I think maybe one or two of our players might want to have a good look at themselves. There has been an ongoing debate on McGlashan and Robinson all season, but today finally convinced me that they are bench players at best. Timlin was Timlin, some good tackles, some late and some horribly misplaced passes, but you can never question his effort or commitment. We definitely missed Lenny in midfield today and Josh hasn't won me over yet as a man for all seasons. Tuesday night's team will be interesting, hopefully Cox will start with Nile.

Last edited:
Win the next 2 and it’ll all be forgotten !

Although I anticipate a ‘how long does PB have left’ poll from the Phil haters coming anytime soon...

Match report: Wigan Athletic 3, Southend United 0

TEN-MAN Southend United slumped to a 3-0 defeat at high-flying Wigan Athletic this afternoon.

More...

I will be interested to hear from those that were there, but from an iFollow view I thought Nile had a far better game than he has of late. He never gave up chasing and pressing for the whole time he was on the pitch. Lenny and JW didn't look comfortable together at the back, but again they kept plugging away. The red for McGlashan was easy for the ref and from that point we were always chasing the game through lack of numbers. Up until then I thought we competed well. After the first goal everyone kept their heads up, and although we didn't look dangerous in front of goal we did keep trying. Goals number 2 and 3 were easy for them as they got round the back of our defence and side footers in were the outcome. I would need to see their second again but I think maybe one or two of our players might want to have a good look at themselves. There has been an ongoing debate on McGlashan and Thompson all season, but today finally convinced me that they are bench players at best. Timlin was Timlin, some good tackles, some late and some horribly misplaced passes, but you can never question his effort or commitment. We definitely missed Lenny in midfield today and Josh hasn't won me over yet as a man for all seasons. Tuesday night's team will be interesting, hopefully Cox will start with Nile.

Thompson???

Having been at Donny last week and witnessed a serious lack of effort, although we lost and played for 30 minutes with 10 men, today was much better than last week. Before their second goal we were playing reasonably well. John White was far more mobile than Ferdinand and Lenny was non stop effort at the back.

Just on Travelzone coach home

3-0 flattered Wigan, they certainly werent 3 goals better and looked poor for a team top of the league. God knows what PB had for breakfast, but the starting 11 and tactics were all wrong. From the whistle we sat back and invited the pressure which after 9 mins resulted in the goal. Poor header from Leonard and a deflected shot past Oxley. We actually did ok thereafter without ever threatening the Wigan goal. Ranger isolated with Robinson and Mcglashan playing too deep

second half followed the same pattern with Us containing them but without creating anything going forward. The sending off i thought was harsh, Mcglashan defo won the ball but the ref deemed the follow through reckless. Again we did ok and just as we pushed forward for the frst time of note we got hit with a breakaway, some said it was offside but hard to see from where we were. The third goal another break away

overall weve battled hard but lacked quality in the final third and simply can not defend. PB must take the blame, he set the team up wrong and we paid the price. No shot on target and only 2 corners sums it up! Very disapointing away day again!

Oxley - ok

Demitriou - ok

White - hung out a really lame half effort at a block for their first goal

Leonard - ok

Timlin - ok - but makes dreadful mistakes with his passing

Wright. - ok

Yearwood - legs went on 60 mins - I hate players who shrug their shoulders

Wordsworth. - very good. Kept going

Mcglashan - I think now pro players spot someone lunging for the ball and
Get themselves in there to get oppo sent off ... replay will tell us

Robinson. - did you wonder how he ended up at Lincoln? Now you know
Was asked to drop back and wide and couldn't even keep tabs on his man let alone offer a threat
I think he is supposed to have pace for Rangers flick ons but he can't really control or kick the football

Ranger - gets fouled non stop. Gets his shirt pulled all the time. Gets shoved in the back all the time.
Gets no protection. Plays better with ball at his feet

Maclaiglin- needs to get his shorts dirty and sweat a lot more

Cox - ok

Brown. Tried a 5 man midfield but Robinson incapable of
Watching his man and Yearwood looked young and nervy

So we lost with 2 expensive sick note centre backs doing
Sweet fa.

It would have been better to have kept 442 and
Given them a proper game instead of trying to
Play like Luxembourg or Slovenia....

Never mind - Phil's pitiful praising of the opposition
Sickens me ....

Winners and losers Phil - not much wrong with that back
Four with Lenny in there but you surrendered this
On all levels before a ball was kicked..

We just aren't learning anything. We can't defend and today we had 0 shots on target. It's not exactly a winning formula! We've gone into the game today trying not to lose, rather than trying to win. We go 1-0 down early and yet nothing really changes tactics wise. I guess today to a point we can blame injuries and suspensions, but it's happening far too often and we can't keep making excuses. Brown has really got his work cut out.

Win the next 2 and it’ll all be forgotten !

Although I anticipate a ‘how long does PB have left’ poll from the Phil haters coming anytime soon...

And when we get beat in both?

We had zero shots on goal today and conceded another 3 on the road. We have been very lucky in games at home recently.

we get zero points from the next two and it's see ya to Brown and good riddance.

Back