• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And when we get beat in both?

We had zero shots on goal today and conceded another 3 on the road. We have been very lucky in games at home recently.

we get zero points from the next two and it's see ya to Brown and good riddance.
spot on very lucky to beat both Wimbledon and Blackpool

And when we get beat in both?

We had zero shots on goal today and conceded another 3 on the road. We have been very lucky in games at home recently.

we get zero points from the next two and it's see ya to Brown and good riddance.

Any suggestions as to who might be a candidate for the job should PB get the bullet?

Can I just say that anyone suggesting poaching Evans from Mansfield should face a life ban from here.

Listening to today's game its become evident that Theo Robinson has become this seasons Frank Nouble

Id rather have Zavron Hines over Theo, then again I'd rather have neither... 3 year improved contract Theo? Bet he couldn't believe his luck

Any suggestions as to who might be a candidate for the job should PB get the bullet?

Can I just say that anyone suggesting poaching Evans from Mansfield should face a life ban from here.

If he has maybe he might want to fish out the Brown out thread and leave this for the match reports and ratings. Just a thought.

This time last year, after 13 games, we were on 15 points.

We currently have 16 points from 13 games.

We are well on course....The season is a marathon, NOT a sprint......

As said above, we were set up to defend and the early goal ruined that approach except that perhaps the tactics were to keep going until the 80th minute (say) and then be more attack minded. The red card saw to that as well. The lads tried all game and I was glad that we tried to get back to 1-1 rather than just lose 1-0.

So two trains of thought ........... either Wigan were not as good as feared and a 4-4-2 could we have been the way forward. There were some half chances and with some more composure who knows what might have happened (perhaps a bit optimistic that) ...........

........... or Wigan were very professional and did what they needed to do and not much more to run out winners.

Demi was my man of the match and I thought Yearwood played the ball well with some pace and forward movement.

People have already commented on Robinson - I would have preferred MAF up front and with some trickery it could have been different. Nile worked his socks off and Wright was better in central midfield. Thought Wordsworth tired and was a little slow at times but perhaps that was deliberate rather than hoof the ball forward.

Onwards and upwards.:unsure:

There's no real disgrace in losing away to a decent football team who are league leaders tonight.

For the first time in a long while I was praying we wouldn't get hammered - never mind win.
The defeat was taken as read, and if it's got to that stage, we're looking over our shoulders.
The injury thing with three key defenders injured and another suspended has punctured the confidence like a harpooned dinghy.

No - because there's no good reason to give him the bullet. All we're guilty of is not massively outperforming. We're mid table despite having played up with a VERY patched up defence for most of the season - that's far better than I'd have expected given some of the teams we've named.
Last week we had Elvis, Ferdinand, Kyprianou, Timlin. Whilst Kyprianou has been impressive in recent weeks that's still Ferdinand, 2 kids, and a midfielder, with Leonard shielding them, for me.
This week it was Demetriou, Leonard, White, Timlin. They are capable players all of them, but we're away at one of the better sides in the division. So that's Demetriou, White playing in the only back slot he's not played in yet, and 2 midfielders - WITHOUT Leonard shielding them.
I'm no Brown lover (although I'm increasingly respectful) - but expecting a result from games like this is like backing a boxer who's got one arm tied behind his back.

On the pre match thread I said we would lose 2-0 on a good day and lose 5-0 on a bad day . So by my calculations on the 3-0 defeat we did pretty well with the players available. Overall not such a bad day , but better days to come I think !

As said above, we were set up to defend and the early goal ruined that approach except that perhaps the tactics were to keep going until the 80th minute (say) and then be more attack minded. The red card saw to that as well. The lads tried all game and I was glad that we tried to get back to 1-1 rather than just lose 1-0.

So two trains of thought ........... either Wigan were not as good as feared and a 4-4-2 could we have been the way forward. There were some half chances and with some more composure who knows what might have happened (perhaps a bit optimistic that) ...........

........... or Wigan were very professional and did what they needed to do and not much more to run out winners.

Demi was my man of the match and I thought Yearwood played the ball well with some pace and forward movement.

People have already commented on Robinson - I would have preferred MAF up front and with some trickery it could have been different. Nile worked his socks off and Wright was better in central midfield. Thought Wordsworth tired and was a little slow at times but perhaps that was deliberate rather than hoof the ball forward.

Onwards and upwards.:unsure:

Demi also my MOTM and Wigan were very professional. Knew they could wait until we ventured forward to finish us off on the break.

No point doing ratings or reviews, we're not good enough at the moment and Brown needs to sort out CB to re-balance the rest of the team.

No - because there's no good reason to give him the bullet. All we're guilty of is not massively outperforming. We're mid table despite having played up with a VERY patched up defence for most of the season - that's far better than I'd have expected given some of the teams we've named.
Last week we had Elvis, Ferdinand, Kyprianou, Timlin. Whilst Kyprianou has been impressive in recent weeks that's still Ferdinand, 2 kids, and a midfielder, with Leonard shielding them, for me.
This week it was Demetriou, Leonard, White, Timlin. They are capable players all of them, but we're away at one of the better sides in the division. So that's Demetriou, White playing in the only back slot he's not played in yet, and 2 midfielders - WITHOUT Leonard shielding them.
I'm no Brown lover (although I'm increasingly respectful) - but expecting a result from games like this is like backing a boxer who's got one arm tied behind his back.

Who do you blame for our injury woes?

Who signed Kiernan whilst he was carrying and injury?
Who signed turner at 33 years old who hasn't played for well over a calendar year?
Why has Robsinson been given a 3 year deal and has a touch like a baby elephant?
Why constantly play Timlin at left back when it's clear he can't defend or get forward for ****?
Why sign Hendrie if he can't even get a game when your left back breaks his leg?
Why do the players look devoid of any fight Passion and more importantly a game plan?
We have supposedly one of the best attack forces I the division but they are woefully mismanaged. Who's to blame for that?

The answer to all of the above is Brown has been found out and all he ever wants to do is blame everybody else.

His football has become slow dull and lacks any passion or aggression. We are **** poor and it has to stop.

This time last year, after 13 games, we were on 15 points.

We currently have 16 points from 13 games.

We are well on course....The season is a marathon, NOT a sprint......
And the consensus was that our woeful start to the season cost us a play-off place and was down to really, really poor planning.

If we're happy repeating that again and keeping fingers crossed that things improve again then we're in for a long season.

Back