• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WIGGIES RATINGS

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Flavs 8 Got super glue on his gloves, any knockers care to swap him with anyone?
Juppy 8 Gets better with age, one of Wignals good signings.
Che 8 Solid as usual and gets up well.
Barratt 8 Mr. Dependable, didn't let us down
Maher 7 got stuck in with boot and unfortunately mouth,too much
Gutts 3 Probably the most over rated player i have ever seen in a blues shirt, good first 10 mins then as usual gave the ball away and faded
Bradders 8.5 Quality on the ball, awareness and good nod ons, good aquisition
Gower 8 Lively and great to have the real Gower back
Sodge 7.5 Brilliant at times, but still worries me
Freddy 9 Two great goals and we are lucky to have him
Goat 8.75 I take it all back, may not be the hardest working, but his deft touches and lay offs make him worthwhile!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Mar. 25 2006,23:35)]Gutts 3 Probably the most over rated player i have ever seen in a blues shirt, good first 10 mins then as usual gave the ball away and faded
Goat 8.75 I take it all back, may not be the hardest working, but his deft touches and lay offs make him worthwhile!
Flamebait and admitting being wrong in the same post?

Did you enjoy the game Wiggy? And more importantly were you a proper fan by singing?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Mar. 25 2006,23:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Mar. 25 2006,23:35)]Gutts 3 Probably the most over rated player i have ever seen in a blues shirt, good first 10 mins then as usual gave the ball away and faded
Flamebait and admitting being wrong in the same post?

Did you enjoy the game Wiggy? And more importantly were you a proper fan by singing?  
tounge.gif
Don't sing, fair game, crap ref, lot more confident of going up this year as others are just not going through with effort even though Col U are a better team than us, quote Phil Pakinson a few weeks back!

Gutts isn't overated at all!

He is a top player just a bit inconsistent at times. Was everyone criticising him when he was running the show for us for 1-2 months earlier in the season?

have to admit it wasnt one of gutts best games, but a 3 just makes a mockery of the post. personally i think he seems scared of getting another booking giving him a ban. maybe a 6 or7 after all he did tee up gower for the first yesterday

I remember Wiggy slating Gutts earlier in the season, then totally praising the guy, then she's slating him again. She just can't make up her mind.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 26 2006,09:12)]I remember Wiggy slating Gutts earlier in the season, then totally praising the guy, then she's slating him again. She just can't make up her mind.
I've made up my mind, yes he has good games, unfortunately they come along about 1 in every 4 games and never for the full 90 mins. How people can compare him for player of the year against consistent players like Barratt, Flahavan and Eastwood is beyond me!

Talking of 'player of the season', how about most 'improved player of the season'? Che? Jupp?

rock.gif

Gutts was my pick for Player of the Year until the last month when Eastwood has overtaken him. Freddy has become simply unstoppable while Gutts has gone off the boil. I'd put a lot of that down to Gutts being up to nine bookings.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 26 2006,09:30)]Freddy has become simply unstoppable while Gutts has gone of the boil. I'd put a lot of that down to Gutts being up to nine bookings.
yeah Freddie is the class we need if we are to stay up in the Championship should we get there and agree Gutts is not playing his normal game probably to avoid the risk of his 10th booking and suspension but think it might have been better if he had got booked a few games ago got it out the way then come back with no worries - how many games is there before the bookings are wiped from the slate - is it after Blackpool?

Disagree totally with a mark of 3 for gutts. I would at least have give him a 7. Also tough that Mr Singh was pretty decent.

O K Gutts fans, give him a 5, better now, and to think we let Smith go, had a good game yesterday apparantly!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Mar. 25 2006,23:35)]Sodge 7.5 Brilliant at times, but still worries me
Tilly make another transfer window signing did he
laugh.gif

Schoolboy error

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ Mar. 26 2006,13:13)]did JCR play for col ewe yesterday?
nop. he wasn't even named in the 16 man squad

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Mar. 25 2006,23:35)]Gower 8 Lively and great to have the real Gower back
I wouldn't give Gower 8.  He didn't have a bad game, and obviously scored the opener, but there were more misplaced passes than usual from him.
Obviously Gutts 3 is comical - not his best game but his performance and contribution certainly warrants a higher mark - but you knew that anyway.  
wink.gif

Gower and Gutts worked their knackers off, like the rest of the team, but IMO 7 for both is more realistic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Mar. 26 2006,09:06)]have to admit it wasnt one of gutts best games, but a 3 just makes a mockery of the post. personally i think he seems scared of getting another booking giving him a ban. maybe a 6 or7 after all he did tee up gower for the first yesterday
Spot on he was under par, its obvious he is worried about the 10th booking. Personally i think he should play his normal game take a booking when it comes, miss 2 games then be a little tiger again. It isnt much good him being in the side playing well below par.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kingshrimp @ Mar. 26 2006,13:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Mar. 26 2006,09:06)]have to admit it wasnt one of gutts best games, but a 3 just makes a mockery of the post. personally i think he seems scared of getting another booking giving him a ban. maybe a 6 or7 after all he did tee up gower for the first yesterday
Spot on he was under par, its obvious he is worried about the 10th booking. Personally i think he should play his normal game take a booking when it comes, miss 2 games then be a little tiger again. It isnt much good him being in the side playing well below par.
Great excuse this next booking, shame they don't all use that one for playing crap for 2 months!

If Guttridge was to pick up a yellow card next weekend, who would we replace him with?

When Bentley came on yesterday I noticed he was abit slow to track back and likes to attack more than defend where as Guttridge comes back when needed so If he does get booked next week, I'd replace him with Petts.

Back